Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I give NOPE 9/10 Guy Debords on the Golden Spectacle meter, Must See status in terms of Detournment/Psychogeography, and the much coveted George Floyd Catharsis Award

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Aipsh posted:

I still have tremendous difficulty speaking on mic when lady Aipsh is in the room because all I can think of is her thinking “heheh his little internet friends”.

That said, Fridge is right to be ashamed

maybe everyone would be less embarrased online if they didnt put 'lady' before their partner's name :tipshat:

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Yeah, MY GIRLFRIEND is way better

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My girlfriend who posts in Canada

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

MYGIRLFRIENDvideogames

:hmmyes: checks out

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This Crash 4 game is so insanely difficult. No wonder you get infinite lives. People online said it’s sadistic difficulty and I have to agree with em. Neither of us here were having any fun with it at all.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

This Crash 4 game is so insanely difficult. No wonder you get infinite lives. People online said it’s sadistic difficulty and I have to agree with em. Neither of us here were having any fun with it at all.

no matter how good you think you are it eventually reaches a point where it’s like crawling across broken glass even if you stop trying to get the collectibles

a real shame because it’s very charming besides

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endless discussion over the years about giant anime swords (mainly just Cloud and Sephiroth, nobody ever brought up Monster Hunter) and this is the first time I'm finding out about this guy. What the hell.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jeez, Joel's death in TLOU2 is still so goddamn effective :ohdear:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

RareAcumen posted:

Endless discussion over the years about giant anime swords (mainly just Cloud and Sephiroth, nobody ever brought up Monster Hunter) and this is the first time I'm finding out about this guy. What the hell.

Monster Hunter great swords aren't anime because they actually have weight to them and can't be spun around like a baton.
Edit: to my knowledge. Haven't used them in a while.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

VP1 is an insanely good game, just out of this world production values for a game that nobody ever played, and wicked replay value, too. One of my very last 'blind buys' based on a lone EGM review before internet game news put gaming magazines into the grave. Def my top game of 1999 and I really never thought I'd see it re-released for a console so color me delighted. I might actually make a thread closer to release because it's one of those games that's nearly impossible to get the good ending/actual final dungeon without getting at least some help from a guide.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
mean they are anime considering they transform from axes to swords mid swing, some have explosion gunblades, which is like peak anime

but all the big beefy stuff FEELS like it should, slow, which is good

(in monster hunter)

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 19, 2022

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
I just played Man of Medan with MY FIANCE and frankly it's pretty underwhelming compared to Until Dawn. Real "wait was that the ending? that's it?" vibes

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Morpheus posted:

Monster Hunter great swords aren't anime because they actually have weight to them and can't be spun around like a baton.
Edit: to my knowledge. Haven't used them in a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUd8rdAPdwg&t=17s

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

getting around to the ring city dlc in ds3. digging the changes in scenery and new enemies.

it does seem pretty silly that, in a game that goes out of its way to not hold your hand, there are developer messages all over the place that say go ahead and jump here we promise you will not die also here's a ghost character pointing down in case you didn't get the idea

and despite the fact that there's like 6+ messages across the first 2 or 3 bonfires, there was a section of the branches i needed to jump off where i died each time until i looked it up bc there was nothing in game to clue me in. altho to be fair i wasn't really aiming for the snow patches, which the game does i guess kinda sorta "teach" you are the areas you can safely jump on but it's very inconsistent.

anyway the first boss was a pushover until the second phase and i'm getting whomped pretty hard. fun stuff tho.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ShoogaSlim posted:

getting around to the ring city dlc in ds3. digging the changes in scenery and new enemies.

it does seem pretty silly that, in a game that goes out of its way to not hold your hand, there are developer messages all over the place that say go ahead and jump here we promise you will not die also here's a ghost character pointing down in case you didn't get the idea

and despite the fact that there's like 6+ messages across the first 2 or 3 bonfires, there was a section of the branches i needed to jump off where i died each time until i looked it up bc there was nothing in game to clue me in. altho to be fair i wasn't really aiming for the snow patches, which the game does i guess kinda sorta "teach" you are the areas you can safely jump on but it's very inconsistent.

anyway the first boss was a pushover until the second phase and i'm getting whomped pretty hard. fun stuff tho.

listen, ashen one, you are not being beckoned down into the ash by devs, you are being beckoned by the dark soul himself

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Rageaholic posted:

Jeez, Joel's death in TLOU2 is still so goddamn effective :ohdear:

It’s great because you could swap that with like 50 things by the end of the game and it just gets better and better god I love TLOU2 so much!!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blind Rasputin posted:

So what’s everyone’s opinion on Cult of the Lamb? There’s sure a lot of GOTY contender talk floating around. It’s not my favorite art style and it sounds like the beginning can be kind of overwhelming as it pertains to village building? But it looks like they executed this mashup of genres legit perfectly?

Its way too shallow it feels like it should be in early access if it actually wanted to hang in any of its genres but because it melds 4 genres pretty well and looks good and most importantly is extremely easy to beat and be 100% done with in 12 hours, it can skate by.

I wouldnt spend on it unless you really felt you had to have it but if it goes on a service you will enjoy it

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

The argument isn't that Monster Hunter doesn't have these sorts of attacks, they were on about specifically the "Greatsword", that flappy nonsense is a Longsword which because of video game reasons is a very different thing. The Longsword is definitely your anime-as-hell flashy whippy swirly high-speed attack pattern weapon, but that's because it's fourteen feet of pixel-wide nothing

Greatswords aren't katana-style things, they're goddamn huge slabs of metal or bone several inches thick with not an ounce of elegance and subtlety to them. They do hit really slow and really hard, it's kinda satisfying, they actually have the highest single-hit damage attack in the game. At least they used to, not so sure since Rise but every time I saw one in World I got to experience the mating-dance like ritual of a Greatsword hunter trying to line up the third swing of a three-hit attack as a wakeup hit for massive damage.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i remember the good old days when fridge was afraid to voice chat because he didn't want fridgelina to find out he liked jrpgs :laugh:

Shes come to terms with it now. I can play all sorts of dumb poo poo and she only just rolls her eyes and shakes her head now :D

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Shes come to terms with it now. I can play all sorts of dumb poo poo and she only just rolls her eyes and shakes her head now :D

bag em and tag em :grin:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

maybe everyone would be less embarrased online if they didnt put 'lady' before their partner's name :tipshat:

I am never embarrassed.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I do always kinda lol at how many goon spouses in our group are just called like a female version of the guys username.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was watching the newest season of Alone on Netflix and one of the girls on it has a Fridge Corn accent.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

I do always kinda lol at how many goon spouses in our group are just called like a female version of the guys username.

This is probably my fault. I wanted to refer to my wife without saying MY WIFE/MY GIRLFRIEND like the classic :siren: goon statement. I do like VG and LVG as a naming couple though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I am never embarrassed.

then why are your cheeks so pink :colbert:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

This is probably my fault. I wanted to refer to my wife without saying MY WIFE/MY GIRLFRIEND like the classic :siren: goon statement. I do like VG and LVG as a naming couple though.

the two of you get a pass for being the first in our locale to do it. everyone else gets dropped down jabba the hut's trapdoor

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I always just assumed Lady Videogames was her Christian name.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

then why are your cheeks so pink :colbert:

Pure unbridled joy :D

Yesterday I beat Bloodstained. Did two of the extra tough bosses (carpenter and warhorse room) and got the best ending. 99.3% map completion.

Only have two Blasphemous bosses left (the body parts lady and the last boss).

And for the last three days I have had this extremely powerful desire to replay Bloodborne. Like almost overpowering. Weird :)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I convinced veeg to stream some Super Mario 64 tonight. He claims he’s absolutely terrible at 3D platformers so either this is gonna be completely hilarious or he’ll learn about a new skill (I’ve seen enough examples of his depth perception issues to know it probably won’t be this one)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
No lie. I am tempted to do SM64 for the first half of tonight and then just a little bloodborne. As a treat.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

VideoGames posted:

MUH LADY VIDEOLINA GAMERINA

I'm not mentioning anything about MY GiRlFRoND because you could find her online immediately.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

veni veni veni posted:

I was watching the newest season of Alone on Netflix and one of the girls on it has a Fridge Corn accent.

Lol which accent is that?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Hell is other posters

not in this thread! good posters in the playstation 5 thread. :colbert:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Lol which accent is that?

the accent of a tourist with questionable material in his icebox

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

just wait until you find out that when you're not around she secretly plays madden

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

I said come in! posted:

Achievements/trophies appearing doesn't really mean much, as GoldenEye 64 fans can attest to on Xbox. I thought UBISoft announced that this game was canceled anyways?

goldeneye 64 was meant to be out by now but the war in ukraine put a hold on that, some higher ups probably getting "concerned" over shooting russians or some poo poo.

no russians in pop, so...

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

deus ex 2077 :sickos:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Rageaholic I just came from seeing NOPE and I’m officially Mad At You

what a movie, drat

saw it last night and then saw some dust cloud in the sky and poo poo my pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

in addition to buying lotr IP, embracer just bought maneater devs, teardown devs, the new guitar hero devs, and limited run games

LMAO