Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Cardiovorax posted:

Sucks to be you, then, because Strikers is canon to the base version of the game, but explicitly not to Royal.

Persona Strikers Royal when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Oh. So, this actually changes things. Dragon's Dogma is one of those gems that nobody played. It's one of the games that needs a really high quality sequel.
I hear Dragon's Dogma 2 is supposedly in development for 2022.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cardiovorax posted:

I hear Dragon's Dogma 2 is supposedly in development for 2022.

It was on capcoms leaked 4 year plan

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

This is something I've always really liked about FF7

Yeah Tifa and Aeris are both interesting characters that subvert tropes, hell even Cloud is. FF7 is a good game!!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

gey muckle mowser posted:

Is there any new info on the release for Disco Elysium on PS4/PS5? All I can find online is "March 2021" and since that's now it seems weird there is no exact date yet

Yeah it's weird. Apparently they're putting finishing touches on it. But the dev's twitter is still promoting it like it's out soon so I don't think it's been sneak cancelled or anything. It's going to launch as digital-only with a physical release planned for later this year, so it's possible we'll get a surprise "out next week" announcement at some point this month.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I cannot wait for Disco Elysium Final Cut. I've had it on PC for a long time and held off on finally pushing through playing it once I heard about this release.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

That loving Sned posted:

Definitely. At the absolute minimum, play the Midgar section of the original, which is about 3 hours long.

Played without cheats Midgar is about 12 hours.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The time it takes to finish Midgar in the original FF7 gets shorter and shorter every time someone brings it up lol, by the time the next remake game comes out people will say they cleared the whole thing in 15 minutes.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

holy lmao

edit; what is this

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 4, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Red Oktober posted:

It's absolutely massive. I remember all of the jokes about the size of the Xbox when that came out, but this is a giant.

Here it is with the PS4 slim above for comparison.

where is the hot air going to go?? :psyduck:

infraboy posted:

Got myself a bit burnt out on Monster Hunters, I think we need 4 solid goons to take out Altreon?

From what I've seen he's easier to defeat alone due to the HP cap, but you absolutely must have an elemental build for the fight, otherwise you're hosed.

exquisite tea posted:

The English voice cast and new script localization really do wonders for the remake. Barret in particular transforms from a pretty embarrassing stereotype into a multifaceted and superbly well-acted character.

Well said.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

where is the hot air going to go?? :psyduck:

tbf, it's gonna be 2 years or so until a game that fully uses the hardware enough to burn down someone's house comes out

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ShaneB posted:

I cannot wait for Disco Elysium Final Cut. I've had it on PC for a long time and held off on finally pushing through playing it once I heard about this release.

its so close to the final cut release (if it comes out in march still i guess) to suggest playing it but man its a real shame you haven't played it. i think disco elysium is probably my second favorite game ever after we love katamari.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

acksplode posted:

Yeah it's weird. Apparently they're putting finishing touches on it. But the dev's twitter is still promoting it like it's out soon so I don't think it's been sneak cancelled or anything. It's going to launch as digital-only with a physical release planned for later this year, so it's possible we'll get a surprise "out next week" announcement at some point this month.

I'm going to quote myself from the DE thread. As of yesterday there was no release date, and they're still polishing it all up. Hopefully it comes out soon, but we'll see.

Soysaucebeast posted:

So today I learned that there's an official Disco Elysium discord, and also that there's still no release date for the final version.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Remove the shelf and stand it up

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

oh well as long as there's no release date for DE i would say start that PC version. the game is good enough to play twice

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

rabidsquid posted:

oh well as long as there's no release date for DE i would say start that PC version. the game is good enough to play twice

I'm being patient. I have a lot of other games I need to get through in the mean time.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

I'm waiting for the update to start my fascist replay! is a sentence you can write about this delightful game

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

did they ever say what if any differences there are between ps5 and pc/ps4. in terms of tech not additional content or whatev

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

did they ever say what if any differences there are between ps5 and pc/ps4. in terms of tech not additional content or whatev

I can't imagine there would be much difference. I know the content will be the same across all platforms, but as for graphics/performance/etc I imagine that will be pretty similar too. DE is not a very taxing game, so if there is some sort of PS5 performance upgrade I imagine it will be minimal at best.

I'm ok with waiting on the PS5 release though, it gives me more time to tool around with the new patch in Baldur's Gate 3. I just don't want it to take too too long though, Nier comes out in April, RE8 in May, and Ratchet and Clank in June. Throw in It Takes Two in there somewhere and I'm going to be busy until July/August.

VVVVVV Also, if you already have the game on PC, you get the update completely free. VVVVVV

Soysaucebeast fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 3, 2021

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
The fact that they're making all of the dialogue fully voice acted is wild, there's over 1.2 million words of dialogue and they're voicing all of the skills and internal dialogue too (which is going to be voiced by the guy who narrated the trailers which is a good choice imo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV2lp6p_gXw ) and they're doing it all in house I guess, with a team of like 25 people. The final cut also has new areas and quests, including one for each of the political ideologies so it's a pretty impressive amount of new content.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

take it out of there, dear god take it ouuuuuut :negative:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

more hot air = more hot components = more graphics

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

First time playing online multiplayer on my ps5. Wow they really lock voice chat output to the dual sense controller speaker? I want to hear it out of my tv

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I would like a PlayStation 5 please.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Meridian posted:

Hell, same

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rabid Snake posted:

First time playing online multiplayer on my ps5. Wow they really lock voice chat output to the dual sense controller speaker? I want to hear it out of my tv

set controller speaker to auto-mute, and chat to output through tv in options

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Sounds like I’m gonna be buying a PS5 on Friday. In just a few days I will finally be able to bitch and moan about UX design the the rest of you!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Gutcruncher posted:

Sounds like I’m gonna be buying a PS5 on Friday. In just a few days I will finally be able to bitch and moan about UX design the the rest of you!

There are some good ideas, but it feels a little undercooked, even ignoring the technical issues.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rinkles posted:

There are some good ideas, but it feels a little undercooked, even ignoring the technical issues.

Yeah, this. I'm mostly adjusted to everyting now, but more customization wouldn't hurt.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

:laugh: This is an astoundingly bad idea.

Real hurthling! posted:

I have mine vertical, with tons of space around it, in a cabinet with a vent in the back. I also placed a fan in the cabinet and have it always running because holy smokes it is necessary lmao

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

take it out of there, dear god take it ouuuuuut :negative:

The question isn't the inevitable baked dead PS5, it's if Red Oktober will confess of it here or will yield to embarrassment.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CONSOLES??

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I have the digital and i put it on the shelf backwards cause i want access to the 2 usb ports for my arcade sticks and think it looks less stupid that way too

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Finished Maquette. It did seem a little short but by the end it did kind of seem like they were straining for ways to do creative stuff within the limits of what the engine was actually capable of, so I think on that account they picked just about the perfect end point, any longer and they'd have had to start repeating themselves.

Total Swore at the Devs Count: 3

The loudest swear was delivered upon the completion of the very final puzzle, which is how you know you've made a puzzle game right.

Maquette also comprises the latest key evidence exhibit for my theory that Annapurna Interactive specifically requires their developers to include lots of weird arbitrary trophies in their games. We're five for five in games of theirs I've played that do this (Edith Finch, Outer Wilds, Sayonara Wild Hearts*, Kentucky Route Zero*, Maquette).

*I could believe that these ones were the way they are from the beginning, rather than being imposed, but that doesn't discount them as evidence of a house style, so to speak

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I dont like kenzie and michael

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Red Oktober posted:

It's absolutely massive. I remember all of the jokes about the size of the Xbox when that came out, but this is a giant.

Here it is with the PS4 slim above for comparison.

i know people are dunking on you with this but uhhh i had mine in a slightly smaller space that than with two, what i thought would be enough, air vents at either side and the whole box felt like a crematorium and miles morales hard froze and the ps5 almost didnt start back up and i pooped a little and its been stood up in the corner of my living room in open air and not hard froze or crashed ever since. just some fyi.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

It vents a shitload of heat. I regularly unplug peripherals so I can play CoD mouse and keyboard and the dongles are hot as gently caress sometimes. It's not a joke to say that small spaces in the long-term will be very detrimental to this device.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dont care if the ps5 overheats straighten out that mess of wires jesus

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I’m pretty concerned about stacking your modem or whatever directly on top of a PS4.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Meridian posted:

no me first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I like my PlayStation 5. This is maybe a bit hosed up, but I play video games on it. :hai: