Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

It’ll be much happier now. Thanks for the bodying everyone - probably saved me a real disappointment later!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
much better!

uk right? its weird how easily it is see its a uk, even without the plugs.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Yeah, UK. What gives it away, without the plugs?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rinkles posted:

I had pretty much the opposite reaction. The intro to 7R blew me away. And I'm digging the cast so far.

Are the early bishonen Palpatine Sephiroth scenes new to the remake?

Yeah when I read into him the first time I literally gasped lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Red Oktober posted:

Yeah, UK. What gives it away, without the plugs?

furniture slightly and weirdly, the lighting of the picture. i dunno if its just standard uk light rays or if its our uk cameras/phone cameras all defaulting the same kinda lighting/colour balance? not sure but theres always a uk vibe you can see. i was in one of those "show off your gaming setups" threads on another forum and i played a game with myself to see if i could tell which setup was uk and it was 100% accurate based solely on natural lighting.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

furniture slightly and weirdly, the lighting of the picture. i dunno if its just standard uk light rays or if its our uk cameras/phone cameras all defaulting the same kinda lighting/colour balance? not sure but theres always a uk vibe you can see. i was in one of those "show off your gaming setups" threads on another forum and i played a game with myself to see if i could tell which setup was uk and it was 100% accurate based solely on natural lighting.

UK have a grey tinge to everything. Not just a dig at the weather being bad, but when I compare my time in America to the UK, there was always a more vibrant edge to each season in the US, whereas the UK is always a weird sort of dreary grey. Like the green tinge in Fallout 3.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Vikar Jerome posted:

My guess would be that you're particularly attuned to the palpable sense of despair and dismay that permeates everything in this country. Particularly around places like train platforms. It's like having high insight in Cathedral Ward except the worst thing you're going to see is your hourly service delayed by a further 45 minutes.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
i dont think it takes particularly high insight to see the horrible monsters lurking above you

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

idgi

what does this weird video of a horned girl helping me get ready for a party have to do with games?

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Also in addition to the lighting, if you could hear, burial is also playing in the background constantly.

(I just found out this vocal sample burial sampled is from silent hill wow https://youtu.be/ZTrCYvchnak )

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Casnorf posted:

i dont think it takes particularly high insight to see the horrible monsters lurking above you

You’d think that but people still vote for them lmao

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

acksplode posted:

Interview with Deathloop's director and art director:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDzGGa6G2kM

the win condition is killing every target in the same loop, which is apparently so tricky that there's only one specific way to do it.

Maybe I'm not understanding but this sounds like the opposite of what I'd want.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Lobok posted:

Maybe I'm not understanding but this sounds like the opposite of what I'd want.

Yeah to me the elevator pitch is "find the most creative ways to kill everyone in a single loop" so the dev being like "yeah there's only one right way to do it" has left me totally cold to the idea.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

TheDarkFlame posted:

Particularly around places like train platforms. It's like having high insight in Cathedral Ward except the worst thing you're going to see is your hourly service delayed by a further 45 minutes.

oh seen much worse at random northern stations. i was given eyes to see :stare:

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Does Scotland have a similar reputation to the North, cause I think of this clip from Garth marenghi whenever people mention it https://youtu.be/_ECGKcl4s-k

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Speaking of Scotland I just found out that Edwyn Collins who did the 90's hit "A Girl Like You" was also the lead singer of influential 80's post-punk band Orange Juice. Have a nice Friday everyone

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah to me the elevator pitch is "find the most creative ways to kill everyone in a single loop" so the dev being like "yeah there's only one right way to do it" has left me totally cold to the idea.

There's probably a good reason they've done it that way, I have plenty of trust in arkane after prey

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Bust Rodd posted:

That's not at all what I got. When he says "find the perfect way to killem all in one loop" I understood it as the perfect way for _you_ to tag them all. However if it ended up being that it's just a puzzle where there's only one path that would be lame as hell.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Bust Rodd posted:

withoutclass posted:

That's not at all what I got. When he says "find the perfect way to killem all in one loop" I understood it as the perfect way for _you_ to tag them all. However if it ended up being that it's just a puzzle where there's only one path that would be lame as hell.

I certainly hope that's not the case. Imagine pigeonholing the player into something like that after people just got a taste of Hitman 3

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

I remember them talking at one point about targets being in mutually exclusive locations, so you’d have to spend some loops figuring out how to get them closer together so that you could finally take them out.

I’ve always had the impression it was going to be more like Dishonored than something as open as hitman.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Goddamn it, Yoko Taro. :allears:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Imhotep posted:

Does Scotland have a similar reputation to the North, cause I think of this clip from Garth marenghi whenever people mention it https://youtu.be/_ECGKcl4s-k

im half scottish/half goon and lol sure garth is great/clip is lol but in reality its just deep english ancestral regret that that scotland is way cooler and we told the english to gently caress off back in the william wallace days. they do the same poo poo with regards to ireland and all the other countries that told them to gently caress off.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I met this Scottish girl somewhere in Austria once when I was on vacation and it just sounds adorable hearing that brogue come out of the mouth of a blonde slip of a girl.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Hello, I would like to request a remake, or at least a remaster, of classic James Bond game 007: Everything or Nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YxSNa8mndE

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Vikar Jerome posted:

im half scottish/half goon and lol sure garth is great/clip is lol but in reality its just deep english ancestral regret that that scotland is way cooler and we told the english to gently caress off back in the william wallace days. they do the same poo poo with regards to ireland and all the other countries that told them to gently caress off.
You should tell that to all the Scots that didn't vote for independence.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Flayer posted:

You should tell that to all the Scots that didn't vote for independence.

true. but they will the next time.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

TheCenturion posted:

Hello, I would like to request a remake, or at least a remaster, of classic James Bond game 007: Everything or Nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YxSNa8mndE

Playing the leaked XBLA Goldeneye title really has me considering a playthrough of all the James Bond titles again. Everything or Nothing is excellent, as is Nightfire

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Finally got lucky and scored a PS5. Honestly, I kinda expected it to be bigger from all the talk. But yeah, really impressed by it so far. The controller is awesome and all the videos didn't make justice to the graphics improvements. I guess it kinda helps that I had just finished up Spiderman DLC a few days ago before playing Miles, so I had it fresh in my mind. And the 60 fps! Also didn't expect to play Astro to finish, as I don't usually enjoy platformers but it was really fun and charming.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
(me playing astro's playroom)
partner: "so this game is just an ad, right"
me: "well i dunno that it's an ad, it's just a celebration of the history of the brand, reminding the player of the deep nostalgic connection they have had to PlayStation through the years"
partner: "..."
me: "alright fine but watch me zip up the monkey suit ha ha"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Sometimes ads are good.

Like “wazzzuuuuuuuuup”

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’m almost done with my first full playthrough of dark souls 3 and there are a few things that make it easier than the others. Overall I feel it’s actually very accessible. Even for total newcomers. If you’re on the fence. Play it.

You can grind souls and soul levels quite easily, and being a bit overleveled for the place your in and enemies your fighting helps.

You have just tons of weapon choices at your disposal and finding the one that works best for your brain and style, upgrading it a bunch, makes you as deadly as you can get. Weapons and upgrade materials are literally everywhere. You’re showered in them. Weapons pack a real loving punch this game, too, especially just at +2. Not even 20 minutes into the first level I had the starting sword at +1 and that made it killer for then. I think a few times in Demon Souls I felt like my sword wasn’t that strong against some enemies.. in this game there’s swords and hammers and axes that knock enemies flat on their butt with every swing. It’s amazing.

Lastly, there’s basically three types of enemies in every level, easy ones that will die in one hit, medium ones that might take 3-5 hits, and hard ones that take a real fight. Nearly 2/3 of all enemies in a level are the easy ones. So really, you can sail through levels just hacking down trash mobs left and right. Slow down a bit for the medium enemies. Slow way down and focus hard one the rare but very real hard ones. It really doesn’t have to be hard. If a player plays sloppy and isn’t watching and reacting correctly even the easy ones can wreck their health bar. So they might only take literally one single sword slash to kill, but there might be 3-5 in a room and if the player rushes things they can easily die. But, the game designers in this one really hope the player does take it slow, and they purposefully build the levels and encounters hoping the player does so. If they do, they really simply don’t have to die. Learning to focus and react correctly to kill 3-5 easy enemies, or maybe 1-2 medium enemies at a time prepares the player with every skill they need to take on a singular hard guy in an otherwise empty arena for the 2% of the level those hard enemies do pop up. It’s all winnable. And I think this is where the real genius of these games (and dark souls 3 in particular) lies. The more the player personally applies themselves, learns, pays attention to detail and takes things meticulously, the more they improve as a player and the easier the entire game gets. And so why do I think it’s actually a very accessible game this time around? Because people intrinsically want to experience a game in this manner. It’s a beautiful capitulation of a natural characteristic of all players. They nailed it with this one.

There’s also tons of bonfires, almost too many per level. That helps a lot. There’s really never a long run to a boss. Always a bonfire very nearby with maybe just a few enemies to run past to get to the fog gate.

Beyond all that, I will say just holy shiit anyone who hasn’t experienced the grandeur of the levels and set pieces in dark souls 3 is really missing out. I’m at archdragon peak right now and gently caress is it amazing to look at and explore. The first time coming up on profaned capitol, with those god rays coming down through the cave roof above onto its towers?? The impossibly large, impossibly dark and cryptic, cathedral interiors??? Bloodborne was good, demons souls was ok, but if you like to explore and be blown away at what you’re seeing with your eyes.. this is it. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve pushed through a challenging, downright frustrating encounter just to overcome it because damnit I HAD to see what’s next.

I'm roughly in the same area, third playthrough, and it's been my favorite Souls (with the actual Souls name) game since it came out, but i appreciate it more each time. I can I honestly say I view it as equal to Bloodborne at this point. I don't really think one is better than the other. Bloodborne might a have a tiny edge due to having such a unique setting but they are both all timers.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Weird question: I bought Diablo 3 standard digitally when it first came out, and then the Eternal Edition was given away as a plus freebie, which I added to my library.

Any idea how I install the Eternal Edition instead of the standard edition from my library? I’ve got a weird situation where the dashboard icon is for the Eternal edition but it loads the standard one, and it asks me to pay for the DLC that’s in the Eternal edition.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is there any option for game version under the . . . menu?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

bubbapook posted:

Weird question: I bought Diablo 3 standard digitally when it first came out, and then the Eternal Edition was given away as a plus freebie, which I added to my library.

Any idea how I install the Eternal Edition instead of the standard edition from my library? I’ve got a weird situation where the dashboard icon is for the Eternal edition but it loads the standard one, and it asks me to pay for the DLC that’s in the Eternal edition.

That was a PS plus freebie?! I don't remember that at all and I usually pay pretty close attention to those.

E: Googling leads me to believe that the answer is that it was not ever a free game and that is why you are being prompted to pay for it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh you said plus freebie, yeah i don't think that's true as i don't have it

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Sometimes ads are good.
what the gently caress

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

It's time for another one of these!

What's everyone playing this weekend?

I'm gonna boot up Marquette, get a fast platinum in it and delete it and go back to playing Yakuza Like a Dragon.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I'm playing Exam Preparation 2021. Not my favourite game so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
Destiny 2, my friends and I will beat Deep Stone Crypt one of these days. Turns out the hardest part of raiding is getting 6 people available at the same time.