Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's why the two biggest upcoming PS5 games are also on PS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I just put my game in and went to the store and there was an ad for FF7 PS5 and when I clicked on it there was a free version Upgrade version in the related section.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I managed to do it just after I'd woken up so it can't be that hard.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Going to downloaded FFVII PS5 version later this evening. Just because I have the space :)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just redeemed the upgrade - I was slightly concerned that something would gently caress up since I redeemed the free PS+ version even though I have it on disc, but with the disc inserted the upgrade worked just fine :)

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

JBP posted:

This yuffie DLC is fun but lmao at it being ps5 exclusive.

Yeah I'm struggling to get into the flow of combat tbh. It's been a while.

Ya that's so weird whether the decision was Sony's or Square. Sony wants to support PS4 till next year so it can't be them and the dlc probably isn't using anything that is ssd reliant either like Rachet.

Btw if you are downloading FF7R PS5 you need to download it from the store and not your library, I thought it would auto apply an upgrade like God Of War but it's two different versions.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's an actual PS5 port not a patch that tells it to play at 60fps if it's on a PS5

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Good lord FF 7 whips in 4K. A good port

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Jose Oquendo posted:

This is from IGN's page.

"First, you’ll want to head to the PlayStation Store and search for ‘Final Fantasy VII Remake‘ — that’ll give you access to the FF7 Remake landing page. From there, scroll down to the add-on called ‘FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE upgrade for PS4 version owners’ and purchase that. It’ll be free for everyone who already owns a copy of the game (or if you have the PS4 disc inserted) and lets you download the new PS5 version of the game.

Once it’s downloaded, you can switch to the PS5 version of FF7 Remake by selecting the game’s home screen icon with the options button on the controller, tabbing down to ‘Game Version’ and selecting ‘PS5’.

If the upgrade option doesn’t appear for you, it may be because you own the game via PS Plus — sadly, the version that was given away is not upgradable, and you’ll need to purchase the PS5 version separately if you want to play it."

Is that not working for you?

shouldn’t have to do that. shouldn’t have to use a save uploader when I already pay to keep my save in a cloud. it should just work when you put the disc in.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

John Romero posted:

shouldn’t have to do that. shouldn’t have to use a save uploader when I already pay to keep my save in a cloud. it should just work when you put the disc in.

Microsoft has a console for you I believe

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

gonna play FFR5 PS5 as intended: over a spotty internet connection using Remote Play during lunch.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Sakurazuka posted:

Microsoft has a console for you I believe

ps5 is less convenient meaning only true gamers will do the work to get the games

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
I realized last night after starting up God of War and having 6-10 hours into this run that I could've been playing on new game plus because I'd beaten the game back 3 years ago. I really don't want to replay the whole start of the game ugh.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just booted up FF7 and drat it looks good. Plus the load times are nearly instant. It popped every trophy I earned in the PS4 version at once when I loaded my save lol

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Casnorf posted:

I'll probably solo it mostly like I do all my poo poo lately … and even if nobody ever plays Horizon Zero Dawn I'll still have a thunderjaw to paint, haha!

I’m waiting to get into a place that has more room to have a table (so I’m not playing on the floor and tempting cats to bat at the machines) and also for the rest of the expansions to come in—I have the base game and am just waiting on the rest of the stuff from Kickstarter to come in so I have everything together.

On topic, though, for those of you who have played Returnal, how many fights did it take to get past the first boss? I’ve managed to get to starting the third phase twice in four attempts and just seem to hit a wall at that point. Probably splitting time among a bunch of other projects doesn’t help either, but I’m still enjoying the game when I’m focused on it.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Phrike is a tough first boss, no denying that. I wanna say it was my third or fourth attempt where I finally took him down? Even then, my winning run was only because I'd gotten an astronaut figure and a couple of silphium vials. Part of the difficulty with him for me is a couple of the attacks he does: the one where he fires out groups of red projectiles, and when he fakes you out with what looks like a laser only to do an expanding ring instead so he can rush up and punch you.

The groups of red projectiles is easy on paper, but the execution still fucks me up. He's aiming mostly where he thinks you're going to be, so if you can hit a good rhythm with serpentine movement, he'll miss every time. The laser fakeout just straight up fuckin' sucks though. If you dodge right away, which would ordinarily be a good and smart move, the cooldown is just slow enough that you still can't dash yet by the time he's taking a swipe at you. That might be more of a thing where you gotta recognize the posture he's in instead of recognizing the visual effects.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Elden ring miggt be today or tomorrow!?!?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

liquidypoo posted:

If you dodge right away, which would ordinarily be a good and smart move, the cooldown is just slow enough that you still can't dash yet by the time he's taking a swipe at you. That might be more of a thing where you gotta recognize the posture he's in instead of recognizing the visual effects.

When I beat him, I had realized that jumping away from his melee is also pretty effective and there's no cooldown on that (other than waiting to hit the ground)

You can also recognize the laser fakeout ring because the charge-up animation is much longer than for a normal laser

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Yuffie DLC is really good! The PS5 update is really nice for Remake, being able to play the game in 60fps is great.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Does anyone know how long the Yuffie dlc is?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Does anyone know how long the Yuffie dlc is?

I just have 30 minutes with it so far, and it has barely started. It feels like it will be long, but i'll have to report back on that later.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've heard 6-8 hours, maybe longer if you do all the side stuff but I've been at work all day :negative:

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Vikar Jerome posted:

Elden ring miggt be today or tomorrow!?!?

This statement has been true for the last decade.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

help i forgot how to play and have gameovered four times on a couple of wolves 10 minutes into the yuffie dlc

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok, so assuming I literally DO NOT CARE about Deathloop at all, is Ratchet & Clank the last PS5 game coming out this year?

I mean who the gently caress knows, bust? We have 6 months left in the year and E3 is in 2 days.

VideoGames posted:

Going to downloaded FFVII PS5 version later this evening. Just because I have the space :)

Better not, I hear it's a jungle out there.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

John Romero posted:

Awww dang, goon, you're right. Gonna go beat the poo poo out of them Square assholes, ...right after I ogle all of Tifa's frames per second. :swoon:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Microsoft gives you all their games for free, with a 15 dollar subscription. They are promising one new game every quarter. So many free games!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

r u ready to WALK posted:

help i forgot how to play and have gameovered four times on a couple of wolves 10 minutes into the yuffie dlc

Naw its actually hard

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

had to reteach myself how to play FF7R last night; turns out I left my Hard Mode save right before Airbuster :cry:

i barely made it out of that one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Death Stranding Director's Cut for PS5 confirmed...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Gimme crunchy triggers on gravel

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I bought the PS4 version when redbox was getting rid of all their games and barely played it at all. Guess I’ll continue to do that since a prettier version is on the way.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVTS0iPfWc8

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/VaatiVidya/status/1403055109383213061?s=20

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The man has a gift for trailers

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

ShadowedFlames posted:

I’m waiting to get into a place that has more room to have a table (so I’m not playing on the floor and tempting cats to bat at the machines) and also for the rest of the expansions to come in—I have the base game and am just waiting on the rest of the stuff from Kickstarter to come in so I have everything together.

For what it's worth, it's not bad solo. It does take a ton of table, so be aware of that, and for solo in particular you'll need to tweak some things since the game is absolutely one hundred and ten percent built around strategically dicking over your friends. Even then the core box is pretty easy overall and the game takes about half again as long as is super comfortable. I'm hoping that the revisions in the KS box will make a three-mission hunt version, or at least speed up the first three missions so we can get on to the thunderjaw already come onnnnnnnnnnnn

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

its happening yall

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Thos summer game fest thing is fickin shite who the hell even is this Geoff guy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yuffie enemies are brutal. Attacks hard to read, they hit yuffie hard and murder the ai companion over and over.
The jazz music is good tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Elden Ring Jan 22

It has horses