Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I thought the ff7 yuffie mission was an unlock but now I need to wait 5 drat minutes for this download

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Sakurazuka posted:

That's why the two biggest upcoming PS5 games are also on PS4

Ratchet's Coming to ps4??

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Cannot stop thinking about the Elden ring trailer I watched a little while ago.

Sekiro movement and combat against bloodborne enemies in a dark souls styled world.

Hello best combo of the three kinds of games.

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006
Ratchet and Clank looks astonishing, Jesus.

I don't think I've been as excited for a game in years as I am for Elden Ring. I don't care if it's derivative, I don't care if technically it looks a little last gen, its gonna be loving amazing.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

VideoGames posted:

Sekiro movement and combat against bloodborne enemies in a dark souls styled world.

the enemy design has me gobsmacked. Everything just oozes unique and insane

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Twibbit posted:

Ratchet's Coming to ps4??

No, but God of War and Horizon are.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TheHoosier posted:

the enemy design has me gobsmacked. Everything just oozes unique and insane

excited to fight this motherfucker

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

HOLY

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

loving

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

poo poo

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Escobarbarian posted:

excited to fight this motherfucker

I need to stab the bell turtle and carriage treemen!!!

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Beanpole has been alerted to Elden Rings

Can we charge things with a lance while on horsey?

Is there going to be a posture bar?

The settings seem to have a nice mix of LOTRO and Game of Thrones.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

it's like DeS, BB, Sekiro, and DS all in one

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

the music!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

OOOHHHHH

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

That Elden Ring trailer is like a gigantic shot of nitrous. Feeling the silver faced dudes in Mad Max right now.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

GONNA USE THAT LIGHTSABER SPELL TO SMACK A POT GOBLIN THING

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

gently caress yeah Death Stranding Director's Cut. I read Art of Death Stranding and there's a bunch of "well Kojima wanted to do THIS scary poo poo--" and there's a drawing of like a decomposing monstrously huge sea spider coming out of the tar to eat you "--but we talked him down from it" and I wanna see where him going even more unleashed goes.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

just a little over 5 hours until Ratchet and Clank unlocks :holy:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was thinking of playing Death Stranding properly soon but I guess I'll wait now. Don't suppose they mentioned anything about upgrades for PS4 owners?

gallilee
Jul 24, 2001

Imagine when you're about to get your dick sucked by the alien from aliens and she's like "ahaha guess i gotta bring out my little mouth for this one"

ZeeBoi posted:

just a little over 5 hours until Ratchet and Clank unlocks :holy:

Unlocked 35 minutes ago for me and that's about how much time I've played it. It is gorgeous.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I played the first half hour of Chapter Yuffie, seems good.

If it is 6-8 hours that is the perfect length to play before Rift Apart arrives... Finally, a Weekend of PS5

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

elden ring looks like it's been in development for a decade lmao

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
God, FF7R in 4K is so unbelievably beautiful

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm playing on performance because I can't see the difference on graphics mode lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Same

Sakurazuka posted:

I was thinking of playing Death Stranding properly soon but I guess I'll wait now. Don't suppose they mentioned anything about upgrades for PS4 owners?

Calling it the DC is probably a sign that its a gonna be full price with an incompatible save

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

FAUXTON posted:

elden ring looks like it's been in development for a decade lmao

Gurm takes a while to write things

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah that's what I was expecting lol

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

infraboy posted:

well im hyped as gently caress for 2022

Ya 2022 looks loving cracked. GoW Ragnarok, Final Fantasy 16, Elden Ring are all gonna be goty contenders. 2 of them are playstation exclusives! I bet the list will keep expanding as more devs finalize their release dates post covid.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Not saying they will but if Elden Ring ends up 70$ suddenly goons wont hesitate because that will mean defeat.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Just got my cosmic red DS5. This thing is purdy.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ZeeBoi posted:

Gurm takes a while to write things

if the controls are responsive like returnal it's gonna be a fun one but if past is prologue it's gonna be about as responsive as parasite eve

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

infraboy posted:

Not saying they will but if Elden Ring ends up 70$ suddenly goons wont hesitate because that will mean defeat.

I would preorder for $100 without question.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Man Elden ring looks great. I just bought a shitload of games. FF7 Remake dlc, Ratchet, Guilty Gear. Returnal and Miles Morales in the last month too. I should stop buying games

Real hurthling! posted:

Same

Calling it the DC is probably a sign that its a gonna be full price with an incompatible save

That would be a bummer because I stopped about halfway through on the ps4 but I also expect this to happen

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Man Elden ring looks great. I just bought a shitload of games. FF7 Remake dlc, Ratchet, Guilty Gear. Returnal and Miles Morales in the last month too. I should stop buying games

That would be a bummer because I stopped about halfway through on the ps4 but I also expect this to happen

Lol I have these games except for Ratchet and Guilty Gear which I'll get later this month. Just bought SMT3 also and having so much fun with that. PS2 era games are just my poo poo tbh, the best era of gaming imo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Dr. Carwash posted:

This looks loving sick. Also the release date is in January, which makes me think it will actually release at that time. You know, instead of being another one of those "yea it's definitely coming right before christmas guys 100%" release dates.

I'm pretty sure the last game FROM didn't ship Q1 (end of japan fiscal year) was Dark Souls 1. My pie in the sky prediction was Sept 22 (10 year anniversary of DS release) but Q1 was always more realistic.

acksplode posted:

Idk, I see a lot of dodging and just-in-time weapon blocking and not much shield action. I'm sure it won't be all about parries like Sekiro is, but it's looking closer to Sekiro or Bloodborne than DeS and DS1/2. Even faster combat than DS3 I think. I bet the horse's high jump serves a similar purpose to the prosthetic grapple.

Yeah, same, I see a ton of Sekiro in there. Also the whistle for calling the horse is the same noise as the Finger Whistle prosthetic! :swoon:

cheeseboy58 posted:

The enemy design looks top notch in this 1. Enemies are just a crazy mish mash of objects+ beings. I love this weird poo poo

Very DeS. Very Bloodborne. VERY DS3.

The giant hand creature reminds me of this from DS3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EULBDRHiioo

VideoGames posted:

same. jfc i've been riding high all day since i saw it. i will easily conquer the next 6 months of life in anticipation

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

infraboy posted:

I bought a console to play a remake of a From game. An extra $10 won't even register when I open palm slam the purchase button.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I was always in the back of my mind thinking 'man I hope if Elden Ring has a horse that it isn't annoying to get on and off of like in every single other game'

leave it to Miyazaki to come up with the coolest loving solution possible

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I dunno about that, horses work the exact same way in Immortals. No horse combat though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I was always in the back of my mind thinking 'man I hope if Elden Ring has a horse that it isn't annoying to get on and off of like in every single other game'

leave it to Miyazaki to come up with the coolest loving solution possible

Yeah like my number 1 hated thing about Horse Games is that they always make it a pain in the rear end to travel with the horse. I'd rather just run around the environment as a Human and find stuff than horse around, see something, go over, dismount, grab the thing, get back on the horse, it's all these steps but hey magic horse summon sounds great.