Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Halo is to the 2000's as Call of Duty is to the 2010's and Fortnite is to now. A mediocre shooter made the most successful game franchise ever because its the one all the kids know about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

cod… mediocre…
:hehe:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The first cod was awesome and the more they moved away from the world war 2 setting the less i enjoyed them

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

my official cod rankings
these are official

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

old man yells at cloud jpeg

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
You gave Ghosts a GOAT?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they should have called it COD: GOATsts

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Would be cool if CoD sold a $30 version with just the core multiplayer I would be down for that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

People acting like Master Chief is this deep character full of lore and pathos and, like, crying when he gets another game announced at E3 is so mystifying to me, he seems like the most intentionally generic Video Game Guy of all time and after 3 halo games I still felt like he was a totally blank slate

Bust Rodd posted:

God of War was a game changer, tho, maybe not the ENTIRE industry, but Dad of Boy ushered in a generation of more sensitive narratives being mass marketed to the gaming public, and by giving Kratos such an incredible pivot in their characterization that was so extreme it made it seem like anything was possible. If Kratos can become a good father, anyone can become anything.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Anyway I beat Dragon Quest VI.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

ymgve posted:

You gave Ghosts a GOAT?

Ghosts was really stupid but it was fun at least.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ymgve posted:

You gave Ghosts a GOAT?

Yeah Ghosts owned.

gimme more E X T I N C T I O N

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Quantum of Phallus posted:

my official cod rankings
these are official

you posted 'more like outer milds' and then post this???? :psyboom:

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

Beyond it being a huge social and cultural force back around the early games it was a very idiosyncratic yet mass appealing well made shooter for a very popular console. There wasn’t anything like it then and even if you think the characters/story/world are boring there was a lot to cling into and specifically a lot of fun fan fueling mystery surrounding the lore of the games.
You articulate my thoughts better than I could.
I was a kid who read ringworld and thought I'd be playing the game. Whoops.

But the hype machine for 2 or 3, can't remember which (lol Mtn Dew Gamer Fuel!) I found interesting. I do think i was drawn it to the mystery aspect, and also that you were playing a piece of something bigger.

Then games like odst and Reach helped that. Reach was in my top games list of that generation. That little mini series wasn't bad and also helped with the Big Picture I was buying. Certainly better than 90% of the Netflix garbage these days.

I played the next game and it was my last. I'm still curious where they went with the story, but not enough to get an Xbox or newer pc.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

So for the PS5 version of FF7 Remake, I have a save game from PS4 that I want to transfer. I have it on my cloud storage, there's an option in the PS5 version to transfer the save, but it says it must be uploaded from the PS4 version. Dumb question but is it possible to download that version to my PS5 in order to upload the save (which it seems I can do, there are options for PS4 and for PS5 downloads on the store page), or must I rehook my PS4, redownload the game and upload it from there?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

DeathChicken posted:

So for the PS5 version of FF7 Remake, I have a save game from PS4 that I want to transfer. I have it on my cloud storage, there's an option in the PS5 version to transfer the save, but it says it must be uploaded from the PS4 version. Dumb question but is it possible to download that version to my PS5 in order to upload the save (which it seems I can do, there are options for PS4 and for PS5 downloads on the store page), or must I rehook my PS4, redownload the game and upload it from there?

You should be able to use the PS4 version of the game downloaded to your PS5.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The FF7 Remake needs to specifically upload from the "PS4 Version" to their cloud from inside the game, not PS+. You can install the PS4 version on your PS5 to do this, but it has to be the PS4 version

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Speaking of which, I hope the process of continuing with The Avengers isn't going to be a hassle when I get my disc copy lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

jabro posted:

You should be able to use the PS4 version of the game downloaded to your PS5.

In addition, you don’t need the full install. That “ready to open” step or whatever it’s called will get you to the menu and allow you to do the save transfer.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Speaking of which, I hope the process of continuing with The Avengers isn't going to be a hassle when I get my disc copy lol

You’re going to need to convert the save in the PS4 version if I remember correctly.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I did the weekend free trial and it installed a native PS5 app?

The ideal would be to just put in the disc, click the "free upgrade" button, and once the system sees I have a PS5 license for the game I can just keep using the already-installed app when the disc is in the drive, we'll see how it goes lol

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Is there a thread recommended guide on how the transfer from PS4 to PS5? It seems like I may gently caress this up

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It was odd, when I was doing the transfer it read something ridiculous like 99 hours and didn't appear to be moving. Then at a certain point I canceled the transfer out of annoyance, checked my PS5 and everything had moved over regardless

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Consummate Professional posted:

Is there a thread recommended guide on how the transfer from PS4 to PS5? It seems like I may gently caress this up

There's always a possibility of something crapping out no matter how you do it. So a good precaution is to make sure you sync your trophies to the cloud as well as your save files. If you don't have PS+ save your save files to a thumb drive or or some sort of storage as well as any photos or videos you don't to lose. Then you can do a direct transfer by connecting an ethernet cable between the two consoles.

Or you can do a full backup to an external HDD and restore it to the new system.

Either way, it can take a while depending on how much poo poo you transfer. If you just want to get going, you don't even have to transfer anything, really. Just log in to the PS5 with your account, download any save files you want, and install whatever game you want to start playing first.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

halo was a game changer, tho, maybe not the ENTIRE industry, but finishing the fight ushered in a generation of more sensitive narratives being mass marketed to the gaming public, and by giving the arbiter such an incredible pivot in their characterization that was so extreme it made it seem like anything was possible. If cortana can become a good mother, anyone can become anything.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I just finished Rift Apart. I didn’t much like the 2016 Ratchet and Clank, but man I was in love with this game. I loved every moment about it, loved the combat and weapons, and voice acting was just superb. And fml this is hands down the most beautiful graphically impressive game I’ve ever seen in my life. I was pretty sad when the adventure was all over.

I never really finished the Miles Morales Spider-Man, but it being made by the same studio I picked that back up again.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Team ASOBI (the Astro Bot guys) are making their next game already.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

Final Fantasy VII remake is another 10/10 game. I am confident saying this while in chapter 9.

I am having so much fun and the characters are all such a joy and I cannot believe how happy I am to be experiencing it now. :D I think I beamed for nearly six hours straight.

catching up with the stream now but literal beanpole :swoon::qq: tears :qq::swoon: reading this post

veegy swoonworthy pub lass and best gril beefy power mistress ftw

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

There's something to the FF7R voice performances that really puts an edge on the personalities of the main and immediately supporting characters where the text version really didn't allow for the nuance. It's great.

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.
Is there anyone else who prefers the Graphics mode on FF7 Intergrade? While performance mode looks great, there's something about the extra visual crispness of native 4k that I can't let go of. Also I find 30 FPS more than playable for this kind of game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I like Halo but i find the idea of someone being a halo fan strange and bizarre

This is pretty much how I have always felt about Halo. Not really much to hate or love. It was a decent game for sure but I always found it weird that people were die hard over it. Also I always thought both Master Chief and the aliens were sort of dumb looking which was a hurdle.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

mA posted:

Is there anyone else who prefers the Graphics mode on FF7 Intergrade? While performance mode looks great, there's something about the extra visual crispness of native 4k that I can't let go of. Also I find 30 FPS more than playable for this kind of game.

How exactly is 30 fps more playable? Does the juddering make you react better?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

mA posted:

Totally valid opinion don’t get me wrong but 60fps with even noticeably lower resolution looks so much better to me than anything in 30, it’s not even close. That’s not even considering the game feel of it, I just think with something that moves like a game you get so much from that smooth framerate.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Spermando posted:

How exactly is 30 fps more playable? Does the juddering make you react better?

they said ‘more than playable’ haha

but yeah FF7R Intergrade was the game that finally made me become a 60fps person, it just looks so much smoother and nicer

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Nvm, my eyesight is 30 fps.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Yeah I am definitely Performance (or Performance RT) on any games I play on the PS5; the framerate being smooth reads way nicer to me over resolution or extra effects. It really isn't even necessarily a gameplay thing (even if there are some games where the framerate can help improve how you play the game), but having the higher framerate is just more important to the way my brain sees the game as looking good or not.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Consummate Professional posted:

For a second I read this as "transform a PS4 into a PS5" lol

Just plug an ethernet cable into both of them and the console will do everything for you.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

JollyBoyJohn posted:

heres the full list for anyone that cares

the 3d mario games after mario 64 all sucked

JollyBoyJohn posted:

To be honest the one I'm most :what: for is Little big planet

i got to play LBP with a buddy of mine when it came out in couch co-op glory and the game was such a whimsical fun breath of fresh air. idk about 10/10 but def at least a 9 in how cute and refreshing it was plus all the cool level creation mechanics baked in. to this day my psn avatar is still sackboy in a gorilla suit bc it's cool and fun as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Little Big Planet was whimsical but it's less fun to play than basically any mario game ever because the controls suck and the level design is boring. A breath of fresh air would be a LBP game that is half as fun as mario.