Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Weedle posted:

i sent this to my wife and she sent me back a reading of it in her femdom camgirl voice :kingsley:

don’t enquire any further friends, Weedle has visited my house before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'm not doing any more story missions in Deathloop

Instead I'm doing invasions. :dunkedon:

https://twitch.tv/infinitumsa

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Bust Rodd posted:

Games Vikar Jerome was right about last time

lmao

Psx show in december, dont count me out yet posterthot

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have decided my next game after FFVIIoriginal is going to be Deathloop. I hope all of you who own it take advantage of this fact when I start playing it and invade my stream and mess me up and do not tell me until the end.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

omg deathloop person is Artyom from Metro, can't swim in 1ft of water

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

VideoGames posted:

I have decided my next game after FFVIIoriginal is going to be Deathloop. I hope all of you who own it take advantage of this fact when I start playing it and invade my stream and mess me up and do not tell me until the end.

Ugh sincerely the first thing that has made me want to get in the ground floor. If I really want to play this game, it’ll only be while the invasion mechanic is live and active.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

omg deathloop person is Artyom from Metro, can't swim in 1ft of water

In the retro future, water is lava

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/14/ps5s-september-system-software-update-launches-globally-tomorrow/

Update tomorrow. Fuckin finally! Let me expand my storage!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Deathloop is really really fun. And I suck at it!!!! I keep forgetting I don’t have double jump anymore and drowning lol

I can only imagine how satisfying it gets by the end when you know exactly how everything pans out and how you can interrupt it. And looking forward to seeing more of the Visionaries’ powers and poo poo. I do hope there are permanent health/protection upgrades as you die very quickly atm, and because it’s a stealth game enemies turn around right as you’re about to land a kill on them 90% of the time so I get shot quite a bit

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I really wasnt planning on getting desthloop until it was £10 like u should with all arkane games

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

because it’s a stealth game enemies turn around right as you’re about to land a kill on them 90% of the time so I get shot quite a bit

me trying to backstab that one balder knight in undead parish, every single time

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

To the surprise of nobody:

https://twitter.com/DyingLightGame/status/1437749218324537345?s=20

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
dying light to stay human

it’s not the most effective tactic

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

cyberpunk cralwed so dying light 2 could free run

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
And yet still nothing about Dead Island 2. :thunk:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

VideoGames posted:

WHAT

This never came out? :lol: I remember this trailer being so cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWFaj4IQ4ro

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

VideoGames posted:

Different dev/publisher.

The dev made Homefront so I have little hope for it regardless.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

WHAT

This never came out? :lol: I remember this trailer being so cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWFaj4IQ4ro

the company that developed the game in this trailer is no longer developing the game. they were taken off the project and replaced by sumo digital in 2015. sumo digital was taken off the project in 2019 and replaced by dambuster studios. it's never coming out

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Vintersorg posted:

demons souls!!!

If that leak does turn out to be real though I won't be so choked about not playing it yet since it'll be on PC.

i wouldnt count on it. it isnt what you are expecting. ill leave this post i saw on reddit that covers this whole thing better than my shitposting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/pnyxyq/nvidia_confirms_leaked_geforce_now_list_is_real/hcsuibr/?context=1
“Nvidia is trying to gloss things over. The list is accurate. Some people don't understand what being on the list actually means. (There's a lot of weird console fanboyism popping up.)
Every game on that list existed at some point. Some were cancelled -- like Arkham Insurgency. Others are getting announced next week, like Destroy All Humans 2 Remake.
Nothing on the list is fictional. They are profiles for games that utilized Nvidia's GFN platform at some point in the past or present. These include Nintendo games, which is something that was marked as highly confidential and not intended to be seen by outsiders. Probably connected to Nvidia's work with Nintendo in the Chinese market or something like that.
The list contains details that are way too obscure for some random employee to "speculate" about. The number of people who knew about a "sci-fi Dead Island spinoff" was very small. Yet there is a game called Dead Island Serenity on the list. That game is the missing Dambuster Studios game that went AWOL in 2020 when they were promoted to Dead Island 2 lead developer. Vanished completely from Embracer Group financial reports.
These are legitimate profiles for games that were in development in partnership with Nvidia in some form, and were planned to be on Geforce Now. For example, the list features Brothers in Arms by Gearbox, and published by Gearbox. This game's existence was confirmed today. https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/new-brothers-in-arms/
There is absolutely no reason to think that TimeSplitters 2 Remastered is not in development, for example. The game has a profile because Nvidia knows about it. Just like they know about Crysis 4.
And some people make a huge deal about Titanfall 3 being on the list. We know what happened to Titanfall 3. It was cancelled in 2018 because Source Engine was seen as too dated compared to the visuals of competing series like Call of Duty, and the graphically less ambitious Apex Legends was developed in its place, still using the Titanfall 3 name behind closed doors. People expected a visually spectacular campaign, and they were worried they couldn't deliver it. They tried to hit the 2018 deadline, but couldn't so the game was killed and recycled.”

theres no steam profile for demons souls like there is for say uncharted, just a gfn profile for some testing bullshit, thats it. dont misunderstand this leak like i know everyone already has.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Sep 14, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Weedle posted:

the company that developed the game in this trailer is no longer developing the game. they were taken off the project and replaced by sumo digital in 2015. sumo digital was taken off the project in 2019 and replaced by dambuster studios. it's never coming out

Wait what the gently caress lmao i thought Dead Island 2 was some borderland rear end looter shooter that came out years ago???

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Happy Tlousday y'all! Finally back from my forced exile/evacuation from hurricane Ida and ready to shiv y'all tourists. :ese:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Vikar please make another thread for posting leak nonsense

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Have there been any reports from beta users about the 3D audio thing? :magemage:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

How does the 3d audio work if you've already got 5.1?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Escobarbarian posted:

Vikar please make another thread for posting leak nonsense

Vikar leak hype is a games forum national treasure and I would support a dedicated thread for all the hottest new leaks and rumors

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

fridge corn posted:

How does the 3d audio work if you've already got 5.1?

It doesn't work through 5.1 surround systems. It's for people who use their TV speakers. (I was wrong about soundbars.)

Source: me, who has 5.1 and was on the beta.

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 14, 2021

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

ZeeBoi posted:

It doesn't work through 5.1 surround systems. It's for people who have a soundbar or whatever.

How does the 3D audio sound if I move out of the spot directly in front of the tv? Does it sound like poo poo any time I shift around?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Gutcruncher posted:

How does the 3D audio sound if I move out of the spot directly in front of the tv? Does it sound like poo poo any time I shift around?

The mic on the controller will measure room acoustics for you

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

ZeeBoi posted:

It doesn't work through 5.1 surround systems. It's for people who use their TV speakers, have a soundbar, etc.

drat I was hoping for something at least being able to calibrate sitting position since I've long lost the mic that came with my receiver also the audio software is probably a lot better on the ps5 than my 10yo receiever

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think the leak hunting is pretty cool, it's the "spoil everything for myself ever by reading every leaked script and watching every leaked video" thing that boggles my mind. Don't you ever want to experience a game by playing it instead of reading the entire plot a year before it comes out?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

fridge corn posted:

drat I was hoping for something at least being able to calibrate sitting position since I've long lost the mic that came with my receiver also the audio software is probably a lot better on the ps5 than my 10yo receiever

You can probably get a replacement for cheap. I have two but I haven't calibrated in forever even though I've moved at least three times. Audyssey, what's that? :newlol:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Deathloop rules so far.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Arist posted:

Deathloop rules so far.

It does. However matchmaking is slow and I want to dunk nerds :argh:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Infinitum posted:

I want to dunk nerds :argh:

like you dunked yourself into that puddle and drowned :getin:

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I am in the Beta. More SSD storage is great and seeing clearly if the game version is PS5 or PS4 is nice.

They made the internal SSD expansion really dumb, though. The slot should be accessible without opening the case - like, just a latch on the back that you pop open and plug it in.

It really feels like you're going to break the thing opening the case.

I would bet most people won't know you also have to put a heatsink on the SSD, so we'll see lots of problems with that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Crows Turn Off posted:

The slot should be accessible without opening the case - like, just a latch on the back that you pop open and plug it in.

must... not... say it

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
re: demons souls: having long run backs and having to farm healing items sucks. i want modern conveniences!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

like you dunked yourself into that puddle and drowned :getin:

Yeah, but did you see me kick a nerd off the mountain to make up for it? :v:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Gonna wait until ppl have figured out what the best/most cost effective drives are for the expansion slot before getting involved in any of that. Also gonna wait until there are some actual games out that I would need the space for :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

must... not... say it

In a couple years time I can imagine the proprietary solution to space expansion feeling a whole lot less like the "winning" approach