Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Eat My Ghastly rear end posted:

We are! I’m dr_chody

hell yeah, imma getcha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001
I finally got in on one of those Walmart.com orders for a ps5, so I look forward to gaming with you guys on **checks order status** no later than October 28.

slagmatic
Apr 28, 2004

glowy melty swirling things!

nerox posted:

I finally got in on one of those Walmart.com orders for a ps5, so I look forward to gaming with you guys on **checks order status** no later than October 28.

You might get it faster than that. I ordered mine on 8/12 from Walmart, was given a 9/23 ETA, and it came on 8/28.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Is Destiny 2 worth playing? It says it’s Free, and I’ve never really tried it, but I crave social video games. I see Apex is free too, but I never tried it other.

I just want to hear the heavy breathing of goons over a mic again.

I think it’s got some of the best gunplay in gaming, and it’s currently in a holding pattern because it’s next giant expansion comes out in January or February. Now is a great time to get into the game. It’s a very pretty game with a really fun gameplay loop of Ride Bike, Shoot Man, Buy Junk and you have magic space wizard powers. It’s a good game, but it’s not for everyone. I really cannot stress enough how good the shooting is, it’s Bungie.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Ages ago I worked on a cattle ranch.

Now I toss covid corpses in freezer trucks and do chest compressions on EMS stretchers because hospitals are overflowing with people about to be tossed in freezer trucks.

All life is death. Existence is agony. The void is our reward for the endless suffering. There is meaning to be found in this unceasing horror.

drat I can't wait for Elden Ring.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Can you goons help me problem solve? I play Outriders cross-play with brother on his PC, and this game consistently causes my PS5 to fully power down and become completely unresponsive until I literally unplug the AC chord and let it chill for a minute. My console sits on an open surface with plenty of room. I swear I’ve played Deathloop or Returnal or R&C for 6-8 hours at a time without ever seeing an Overheat, and I’m not getting any console messages about overheating or corruption, the game just makes my console shut off randomly and become unusable. What the gently caress is going on?

It has happened 4 times, 3 times in the middle of a dungeon but once just chilling in town.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

Ages ago I worked on a cattle ranch.

Now I toss covid corpses in freezer trucks and do chest compressions on EMS stretchers because hospitals are overflowing with people about to be tossed in freezer trucks.

All life is death. Existence is agony. The void is our reward for the endless suffering. There is meaning to be found in this unceasing horror.

drat I can't wait for Elden Ring.

Working in a hospital has been a nightmare for the last year and a half. I’m ready to go back to delivering pizza.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

Can you goons help me problem solve? I play Outriders cross-play with brother on his PC, and this game consistently causes my PS5 to fully power down and become completely unresponsive until I literally unplug the AC chord and let it chill for a minute. My console sits on an open surface with plenty of room. I swear I’ve played Deathloop or Returnal or R&C for 6-8 hours at a time without ever seeing an Overheat, and I’m not getting any console messages about overheating or corruption, the game just makes my console shut off randomly and become unusable. What the gently caress is going on?

It has happened 4 times, 3 times in the middle of a dungeon but once just chilling in town.

You may have a power supply issue that only outriders' lovely code is triggering idk.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Eat My Ghastly rear end posted:

Working in a hospital has been a nightmare for the last year and a half. I’m ready to go back to delivering pizza.

The McDonald's by my hospital is now paying more than my EMS job does.

Guess who's about McFuckingHadIt with antivaxxers and horse pasters.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

have you ever had a fillet of fish. those teens making them are gods among humanity.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
god bless our food makers and corpse throwers

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

First 80%+ of Deathloop was great, but man it fizzles out at the end. that ending was so loving lame :wtf: The game just like...ends. I was really hoping it would throw me a story curveball or a new area or something but it's just like "I think I broke the loop?" and it's over. Maybe the Julianna ending is better. Might check it out but I don't know if I want to do that last quest again. Really the environments and scenarios were great but got so old by the end. Do yourself a favor and don't bother with the slab upgrades unless you try to get them through invasions. There is no variation it's just doing the same missions over and over for upgrades. it was a really bad idea to do them like that imo. I got so exhausted with the game as a result.

That's just me complaining about the bad stuff though. I could write a huge effort post about all of the great stuff about the game but I think a lot of it has been discussed. Still I think it'll probably pan out to be my second favorite game this year next to Returnal.

Honestly I feel like I could just go off on all the stuff the game does right and wrong. The setting, the characters, the gameplay (aside from the dumb ai) is all so good. The level design is great and so is the music. But the story, and what they do with the actual groundhog day mechanics are really lacking. Also it was just sort of confusing but not in a way that I felt like I "wasn't getting it" or anything. The way the story was presented was just so erratic I found myself caring about almost nothing but Colt and Julianna.

Little bit of a mixed bag of a game but still so worth it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tonight's Deathloop session was "Cyberpunk on PS4" levels of buggy lmao

First playing as Julianna I very clearly desynced out of the duel because none of the NPCs did anything and I couldn't place items on the map anymore. I thought I would end things by jumping in the water:

https://twitter.com/cleargatewest/status/1441615821814394880

Then in Updaam:
https://twitter.com/cleargatewest/status/1441634643506130947

(I was not able to get the slab upgrade, I even checked to see if I could get it on the outside of the building lol)

Meanwhile I am still explicitly not opening the menu screen at all during the map for fear of triggering that drat softlock lol, this game feels held together with string, at this point based on technical issues even with how strong the design and story might be I am having a... less-than-perfect experience which will have to be factored into the rankings

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I want some thought on a position for my PS5. I want it to have good air flow so I moved it here.

It's.....kind of an eye sore. The space I had it before is that space under the TV place horizontally.

I put it back horizontally or remove the board and place it vertically.

Any thoughts on the best option?

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Waffleopolis posted:

I want some thought on a position for my PS5. I want it to have good air flow so I moved it here.

It's.....kind of an eye sore. The space I had it before is that space under the TV place horizontally.

put it behind the t.v.!

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

bolt it to the wall behind the tv where you never have to look upon its ugly visage again

https://www.amazon.com/HIDEit-Mounts-PlayStation-Digital-Console-5/dp/B08W8PMXSK (or something similar)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lmao wtf Bethesda, I can't invert the x axis in Deathloop but you'll let me invert y? Okay!

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

mostb modern walls simply aren’t built to handle the weight of the ps5

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Midjack posted:

Lmao wtf Bethesda, I can't invert the x axis in Deathloop but you'll let me invert y? Okay!

Really? If this is true I'm glad you mentioned it, saved me from buying it, I play everything inverted vertically.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
^^^ Vertical is Y, and invert Y is the only way to play

Midjack posted:

I thought invert X was only there as a joke.

I mean, invert Y makes sense if you've ever played a flight sim or shot a rifle, but what kind of sense does it make to press left to turn right unless you're in a rally car?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Well. Last night's Deathloop session.

Good grief.

For four hours my 'ridiculous luck' skill stood alongside me and kept me alive entirely. I managed to go a whole four section loop and kill four separate visionaries, while four lovely goons invaded me at each time and also take them out. Even Infinitum who had actually put on some special gear.

Then I gave my first shot at invading afterwards and again, luck prevailed on a map I had no idea about (as I have not played it yet) and I won as Juliana.

Learnt some more story and had a fantastic time indeed! :D

Now I have to think about something special I need to do for actually managing to do what I said earlier. Still cannot believe I held my own for the whole night. Just hair raising stuff!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Really really good stream last night. I can’t believe how lucky you got against me in both my game and yours! It was ace.

Oxxidation posted:

for some reason the death stranding PS5 upgrade price isn’t available for me, and I cant download my PS4 copy either. anyone know what’s up with this? I know I didn’t get the thing on disc

Just to check, are you looking at the digital deluxe edition? That’s the one with the cheap upgrade price

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

^^^ Vertical is Y, and invert Y is the only way to play

I thought invert X was only there as a joke.

I mean, invert Y makes sense if you've ever played a flight sim or shot a rifle, but what kind of sense does it make to press left to turn right unless you're in a rally car?

It's how I like to control first person cameras. Imagine a thumb stick on the back of the character's head and you're moving it around with your thumb. I can get used to non-inverted x and y, I just don't like having to and it's dumb in 2021 that it isn't an option.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

put it behind the t.v.!

I was cautious at first but the TV doesn't heat up and there's plenty of space. I'll give that a shot for now and see it is fine or not.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Yeah it's dumb, it's an abstraction either way.

Can you use the PlayStation remapping tools instead, or will that gently caress up something else?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Oh yeah, I thought one of the selling points of the PS5 was you could permanently set your control layout.

What gives? (asking for my extremely weird friend who inverts X)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Waffleopolis posted:

put it back up top but slot it sideways behind the tv on the left

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I just heard The Battery Song, game remains good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
My ps5 also sits lovingly behind my tv. It's the perfect place for it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just put the console in the entertainment center where it belongs you paranoid dweebs.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Just put the console in the entertainment center where it belongs you paranoid dweebs.

I don't know why this is a point of contention for you, but multiple sources who've done extensive heat testing have said that it's probably not a good idea over the long term. You may not care, but for people asking for advice I think it's only fair to approach it from a cautious standpoint considering nobody knows when the hell these consoles will be readily available.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Waffleopolis posted:

behind the tv or on the floor vertically in front of the cabinet. on the floor will get more dust tho but i havent even cleaned mine out yet and its on the floor since november.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

bad advice

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

veni veni veni posted:

i did this and it crashed in video games and there was so much heat being pumpped out in that inclosed space. since putting it in the corner, vertically, not only is it a show stopper for people who visit for wine and tea (lol :negative: ) it just looks cool all lit up with the power of next gen

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i’m paranoid of physics happening

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Battery, battery, where is the Battery

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

i did this and it crashed in video games and there was so much heat being pumpped out in that inclosed space. since putting it in the corner, vertically, not only is it a show stopper for people who visit for wine and tea (lol :negative: ) it just looks cool all lit up with the power of next gen

Have you considered supercooling your entertainment center

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I thought a shelf under the TV was okay as long as the airflow was decent?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Have you considered supercooling your entertainment center

yeah i put a ps3 in there on its own and its super cool as gently caress now. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is Deathloop really Myst, is this the Marker Switch puzzle I'm doing