Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Achievements/trophies appearing doesn't really mean much, as GoldenEye 64 fans can attest to on Xbox. I thought UBISoft announced that this game was canceled anyways?

I think it was finally just delayed indefinitely. Prolly gonna reveal it at Gamescom or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz6NyOaP5xg

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This channel does good work, I highly recommend it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Arist posted:

This channel does good work, I highly recommend it

Subscribed to them based on your recommendation! Watching this video right now, and it is solid so far.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They had a couple good videos on the way Roblox is an exploitative platform that's taking its market value from leveraging the hard work of young, often underage game developers and making it extremely hard for them to see any kind of financial return.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

There's a short clip of a Helldivers 2 trailer going around out there. I'd link it, but honestly I'd rather see the whole thing, which we should be doing in the coming weeks.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I mean, is there a specific business/artistic reason beyond corporate brute inertia that is keeping a new mainline FF game from experimenting with 2D again, now that the stigma of 2D has long worn off and the returns of 3D have proven to be somewhat diminishing?

Yeah, the entire design philosophy behind every single ff title is 'this might be the last game we ever make so let's put all we've got into it'
They've said a few times they try and keep to that spirit with new ones.
They're still making spinoffs/smaller experimental 2d titles like octopath and the other one though, I don't see why it needs to be called final fantasy for you to enjoy those. Not like there's any continuity anyway.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

This just looks absolutely incredible

https://youtu.be/ySuHJ5CL9gk

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
God drat that's a lot of rats

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Good. Because I expect nothing less than all the rats.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

In the first game Asobo said they could fit about 5,000 rats onscreen, but for Plague Tale Requiem they said the max rat rendering is now over four times that amount. It's good to see developers who take pride in their work.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They’ve really progressed in their career. From one lasagne-loving cat to thousands upon thousands of rats.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

cubicle gangster posted:

Yeah, the entire design philosophy behind every single ff title is 'this might be the last game we ever make so let's put all we've got into it'
They've said a few times they try and keep to that spirit with new ones.
They're still making spinoffs/smaller experimental 2d titles like octopath and the other one though, I don't see why it needs to be called final fantasy for you to enjoy those. Not like there's any continuity anyway.

That fits. I guess I thought they had altered their design philosophy a bit when they started producing multiple mainline titles simultaneously. I've always liked the spirit of constant reinvention the series channeled, but the steady drive toward photorealism feels a lot less experimental now than it did in the late 90s.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://youtu.be/UT2u84ZEUl4

This looks so good

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

So what’s everyone’s opinion on Cult of the Lamb? There’s sure a lot of GOTY contender talk floating around. It’s not my favorite art style and it sounds like the beginning can be kind of overwhelming as it pertains to village building? But it looks like they executed this mashup of genres legit perfectly?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Guy doesn't shout "BAT!" when he bats, zero stars

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Blind Rasputin posted:

So what’s everyone’s opinion on Cult of the Lamb? There’s sure a lot of GOTY contender talk floating around. It’s not my favorite art style and it sounds like the beginning can be kind of overwhelming as it pertains to village building? But it looks like they executed this mashup of genres legit perfectly?

I wouldn't call it GOTY but I think I got my $25 out of it, even though it started off kinda buggy. It does make me want to get more into the life sim type games though.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

it needs a lot of bugfixes

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Blind Rasputin posted:

Its a very good game but hold off for a bit imo. It’s pretty buggy but the devs are working on that at the moment.

haveblue posted:

Got me there pal, got me there

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

haveblue posted:

good show

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s a shame so many people wont watch it because iT’lL rUiN tHe MoViE :downswords:

It’s way better than the movie.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

My wife has a Swirltch and Cult of the Lamb is the perfect amount of cuteness and fun. She’s not the greatest reflexive gamer though. She’s beat Luigi’s mansion, a bunch of the Mario games, loves Animal Crossing. I want to get Cult for her but I’m worried the dungeon stuff will be too fast action for her. Is it akin to Hades? Or easier?

There’s legitimately nothing to play rn. Even though I know the ending to Bugsnax maybe I should play it? One of the only games I haven’t. Otherwise a NG+ Sekiro run is about all I’m interested in.

A bit back I asked what ya’ll thought of Tiny Tina’s Wonderland? It work the $70 tag? I got kind of sucked in to it all (esp the D&D over story, even though I’ve never played D&D it’s just so original).

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Blind Rasputin posted:

My wife has a Swirltch and Cult of the Lamb is the perfect amount of cuteness and fun. She’s not the greatest reflexive gamer though. She’s beat Luigi’s mansion, a bunch of the Mario games, loves Animal Crossing. I want to get Cult for her but I’m worried the dungeon stuff will be too fast action for her. Is it akin to Hades? Or easier?

There are multiple difficulties you can change at any time. Ladykilo is similar and has no trouble at all on easy. It’s nowhere near as intense or demanding as Hades don’t worry.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Bugsnax is probably still worth playing, there's a lot of fun character work in there (certainly more than you'd expect from looking at it)

Tiny Tina probably depends entirely on your opinion of the other Borderlands games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

In the first game Asobo said they could fit about 5,000 rats onscreen, but for Plague Tale Requiem they said the max rat rendering is now over four times that amount. It's good to see developers who take pride in their work.

Rats off to em

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lots of delays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h134lthXjaE

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Aipsh posted:

I see it as a form of psychic damage to hear posters IRL, but I did get used to it. Seeing a goon in real life, don't know if I could cope. There's also the haunting prospect of being seen as a goon too.

I'm sure Sartre has written volumes around the pain of existing on the Something Awful forums

i remember the good old days when fridge was afraid to voice chat because he didn't want fridgelina to find out he liked jrpgs :laugh:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Blind Rasputin posted:

Buggy. Very poorly balanced. Relatively fun. Wasn't ready for release.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Finally started Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, which I got on sale a while back. Played about an hour of it. It looks amazing (all the particle effects are nuts) and the rift jumping mechanic is awesome, but I don't think I want to play a whole game of this. I should've rented this instead. Oh well.

I'd rather play something...less kiddie. Maybe I'll start replaying TLOU2, which I said I was going to do like a month and a half ago but never did.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Rageaholic I just came from seeing NOPE and I’m officially Mad At You

what a movie, drat

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

what a movie, drat
lmao I think I'm the only person on planet Earth who didn't like NOPE :shobon:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i remember the good old days when fridge was afraid to voice chat because he didn't want fridgelina to find out he liked jrpgs :laugh:

I still have tremendous difficulty speaking on mic when lady Aipsh is in the room because all I can think of is her thinking “heheh his little internet friends”.

That said, Fridge is right to be ashamed

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Whaaaaaaaaaaat! I've never seen all these gameplay modifiers in TLOU2 before :aaa: I guess I unlocked these by beating the game before on PS4? This is so cool! You almost never see devs putting legit cheats in games anymore. I'm totally using some of these like Infinite Melee Durability and Infinite Listen Mode Range in this playthrough.

There's different render modes too so you can play the game in black and white if you wanna? What the hell, this is rad

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The accessibility stuff was always there, I’m pretty sure the stuff you’re talking about is just part of that right?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

The accessibility stuff was always there, I’m pretty sure the stuff you’re talking about is just part of that right?
Yeah, I remember the accessibility stuff, but this stuff is under the Extras menu. I had a points balance (I guess from beating the game the first time) and these things can be bought with points.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Nah, they added a bunch of poo poo in a patch 2 months later, and then prolly more poo poo in the PS5 patch at the 1 year anniversary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EusTekacqAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyiwEvEm7Yo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

what a movie, drat

NOPE rules. It works on every level. Fantastic popcorn flick has symbolism which can analyzed forever, perfectly paced, beautiful cinematography and sound design, hella easter egg nods to myriad horror film directors, funny, profound, unsettling, politically clever.

And even better on second viewing.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I thought it was just a fun scifi horror movie with some great shots and music, clearly a sparse project that could be shot during the pandemic. Solid 7.5/10.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 19, 2022

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

PS friends getting me hyped about NOPE :D

I loved Get Out but it didn’t really stick with me. Never watched Us (I’m going to soon). Hopefully this one hits streaming/vod by October for the annual Spooky Movie A Day Marathon Experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nope was better than Us but not as good as Get Out imo. It’s more ambitious than the previous two though. I thought it was mostly great but could have been a bit tighter.