Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its to entice fed up xbox guys and new players to catch up on 8th gen ps games more likely than a scheme to retain players who already have a ps4 library to keep them loyal to the brand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollow Gaunt
Aug 7, 2007

mcbexx posted:

Remember there will be a huuuuge pack of PS4 games in the PS+ Collection in November.

It'll contain

Final Fantasy XV

Question on this one: Does anyone know how the upgrade path works for FFXV? From my understanding, the Royal Edition is the complete version, but the Royal Pack is different than the Royal Edition? Does the Royal Edition include exclusive content?

Why is common sense non-confusing naming of products so hard for corporations?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
No way is the value add for buying a ps5 going to be free for ps4 users. That’s silly

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Factum est posted:

Question on this one: Does anyone know how the upgrade path works for FFXV? From my understanding, the Royal Edition is the complete version, but the Royal Pack is different than the Royal Edition? Does the Royal Edition include exclusive content?

Why is common sense non-confusing naming of products so hard for corporations?

The "Royal Edition" doesn't have any exclusive content.

To upgrade from the vanilla edition of the game to the Royal Edition, you need to buy the Season Pass (or all the "Episodes" and a few other DLC bits piecemeal) as well as the Royal Pack. Once you have this you will still be missing Episode Ardyn (not part of the Season Pass or Royal Edition) and a few useless 99-cent tier DLC packs for like car decals and stuff like that.

Bear in mind if you own the vanilla game that disc "Royal Edition" versions are just the vanilla disc plus a voucher for the season pass + Royal Pack, and it may well be cheaper to just buy that (and the full digital Royal Edition goes on sale a ton as well anyway).

Hollow Gaunt
Aug 7, 2007

univbee posted:

The "Royal Edition" doesn't have any exclusive content.

To upgrade from the vanilla edition of the game to the Royal Edition, you need to buy the Season Pass (or all the "Episodes" and a few other DLC bits piecemeal) as well as the Royal Pack. Once you have this you will still be missing Episode Ardyn (not part of the Season Pass or Royal Edition) and a few useless 99-cent tier DLC packs for like car decals and stuff like that.

Bear in mind if you own the vanilla game that disc "Royal Edition" versions are just the vanilla disc plus a voucher for the season pass + Royal Pack, and it may well be cheaper to just buy that (and the full digital Royal Edition goes on sale a ton as well anyway).

Thanks for this--Your explanation is much more clear than anything else I came across from googling. Too bad they didn't include the Royal Edition in the collection, but not surprising as I'm sure they realize they could make good money from people buying all the extras.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I don't know if it's changed in recent months but I consistently found that SE didn't put the season pass on sale while Royal frequently would. So I could buy the pass for like $30 or Royal which came with the full game for $20

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
So when can we start pre-loading the digital version of PS5

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What order does everyone plan on playing the launch games in when they get their PS5? I’m going for (assumed) length order, so I’ll go Astro’s Playroom - Miles Morales - Demon’s Souls, and then move on to the PS4 version of Cyberpunk. If the Bugsnax reviews are good enough I might pick that up too!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

demons first
then miles

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
it's probably guaranteed I'll pick up BugSnax and Demon's Souls and play them in the reverse order of that. then I might play Persona 5 or The Last Guardian from the PS+ collection since I never played either of them.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Its to entice fed up xbox guys and new players to catch up on 8th gen ps games more likely than a scheme to retain players who already have a ps4 library to keep them loyal to the brand

I agree with this. I think is more like a "try this good stuff from the previous generation so you regret your life choices for not having a PS4, enjoy this new generation".

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Real hurthling! posted:

demons first
then miles

This

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m gonna pre-order Demon’s Souls because I love Scythes, I’m gonna pre-order Miles because I want all the costumes. Does Bugsnax have pre-order bonuses yet? Didn’t we only just find the release date?

Do we have any information about the new assassin’s creed? It’s gonna be a long and dark winter, I’m willing to give AC another chance if the Viking poo poo looks cool.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Don't buy an Assassin's Creed game.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Counter-point: buy any game you want or enjoy. It's your time and money.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

While the messaging is a little muddy, Sony specifically says that PS+ Collection is coming to PS5. The PS4 is not mentioned, so it's safe to say it's not an option for anyone with PS+ and just a PS4.

It's purely a value-add for PS5, since the console presumably comes with a free month of PS+. It's also a way to encourage sales of the discless version.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Fromsoft pls make this official on PS5 back compat :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0tqppZDYxw

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Real hurthling! posted:

those 15 odd games are all better than every game on gamepass by themselves

mcbexx posted:

Fallout 4

:magemage:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

What order does everyone plan on playing the launch games in when they get their PS5? I’m going for (assumed) length order, so I’ll go Astro’s Playroom - Miles Morales - Demon’s Souls, and then move on to the PS4 version of Cyberpunk. If the Bugsnax reviews are good enough I might pick that up too!

continue yakuza 7. play 5 mins of cyberpunk, miles moreals, demon souls, then continue yakuza 7.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just to kind of further point it out;

Monster Hunter World has also been on Game Pass for like a year or more now, along with FFXV, MKX, and Arkham Knight. Battlefield 1 joins the service, alongside basically every other EA game made this generation in November.

Basically all the games on that list that aren't Sony Exclusives either have been for some time on Game Pass or coming to it at the same time this drops.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

dmc5se on the sony playstation 5 loads in 3 seconds. WITNESS TRUE POWER

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Barudak posted:

Just to kind of further point it out;

Monster Hunter World has also been on Game Pass for like a year or more now, along with FFXV, MKX, and Arkham Knight. Battlefield 1 joins the service, alongside basically every other EA game made this generation in November.

Basically all the games on that list that aren't Sony Exclusives either have been for some time on Game Pass or coming to it at the same time this drops.

i meant more that fallout 4 sucks but yeah, people praising gamepass like its worth a drat is funny. reminds me when people thought netflix was the saviour for cutting cable and now look at it.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Escobarbarian posted:

Astro, Miles, Demon's, Valhalla, getting Bugsnax for Christmas from my missus, then Cyberpunk whenever the 5 version drops

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Vikar Jerome posted:

i meant more that fallout 4 sucks but yeah, people praising gamepass like its worth a drat is funny. reminds me when people thought netflix was the saviour for cutting cable and now look at it.

Yeah no thanks. I'm not paying to rent games in perpetuity and then let a company decide when to take them away. I got rid of netflix for the same reason.

Microsoft can have Bethesda because boy have they made some really bad games recently.

I'm hoping those 15 games will just go into your library like with other PS+ games.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

funny thing is, bethesda game studios said recently still they have their publishing arm in the whole deal so es6 could still be on ps5 by the sounds of it lmao

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I still contend that there is zero chance ES6 gets made this generation. They haven't even finished Starfield or whatever it's called and said they won't start ES6 until it's done.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rad Valtar posted:

I still contend that there is zero chance ES6 gets made this generation. They haven't even finished Starfield or whatever it's called and said they won't start ES6 until it's done.

Nah. ES6 will be this gen.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nah. ES6 will be this gen.

You can come in this thread and tell me in wrong if it does. Plus being a Professor the correct response would be "show your work."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rad Valtar posted:

You can come in this thread and tell me in wrong if it does. Plus being a Professor the correct response would be "show your work."

I'm not a professor!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

But i DO work for bethesda and let me tell you, edlers scrolls 6 is on the way to the xbox series one

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Playing the outer Worlds made me feel a lot better about the possibility of no more bethesda games on playstation

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I thought fo4 was bad until i played outer worlds

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

fridge corn posted:

Playing the outer Worlds made me feel a lot better about the possibility of no more bethesda games on playstation

Outer Worlds was made by Obsidian another Microsoft owned studio.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Rad Valtar posted:

Outer Worlds was made by Obsidian another Microsoft owned studio.

Yeah but it is identical to Bethesda games anyway. Also not fussed about obsidian being xbox exclusive

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Real hurthling! posted:

I thought fo4 was bad until i played outer worlds

Outer Worlds actually had me considering reinstalling Fallout 4....which I did, only to uninstall it again after one hour of gameplay.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

fridge corn posted:

Yeah but it is identical to Bethesda games anyway. Also not fussed about obsidian being xbox exclusive

I figured that’s what you meant but yeah I feel the same way.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ham posted:

Outer Worlds actually had me considering reinstalling Fallout 4....which I did, only to uninstall it again after one hour of gameplay.

FO4 is dogshit

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s high art compared to Outer Worlds.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Gonna play Demons Souls and then The Pathless when I want a break from Demons Souls, if I do. Then Yakuza 7, although I kinda wanna wait until the PS5 version is out as save files don’t transfer even though you get a free upgrade to the PS5 version when you get the PS4 version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

so uhh another game set for launch is observer system redux, which is a overall/expanded/upgraded version of the ps4 game observer starring rutger hauer. the ps5 version looks preetty sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1DzSPoGwnc

i only found out about this because right now, i went looking for the ps4 version because i always wanted to try it out and now i got the cash and lol, the physical edition was only ever released via limited run and thus that copy is on ebay for 130 odd quid so i decided to get the psn version instead only to discover... they loving delisted it completely. i read some posts that you could only buy it with layers of fear as a bundle but now i cant even find that bundle. :negative: guess they delisted to improve the game for the ps5.

also went looking for amnesia collection on disc and soma on disc, and they dont do it. i was almost ready to pay cash for psn games but then i double checked my steam library and it turns out i already have all 3 somehow. i gotta keep track of this poo poo.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 11, 2020