Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
There are only 4 good ps4 games:

1. Blo
2. odb
3. orn
4. e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
You guys are just jealous you can't play both PC games, Counterstrike and World of Warcraft.

As the PC Gaming Master Race, I'm proud to say those games are the only things over 13 years old I'm attracted to.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I like how they added an icon for HBO Max that does nothing but tell you that the app is only available on PS4.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

The only way to play a semi-stable version of Cyberpunk is with a PS5 or a $5,000 PC.
Nah I spent ~800 on my PC last year and it runs Cyberpunk near 60 at 1080p/mediumish settings.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Nah I spent ~800 on my PC last year and it runs Cyberpunk near 60 at 1080p/mediumish settings.

Curious what specs you have

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
From what I've read in the Steam and Cyberpunk threads, I think that sounds about right. A 1060 and up can play Cyberpunk decently, which is the biggest expense. If you don't spend too much money on fancy extras, an 800$ PC can handle it fine. It won't be looking its best, but it'll run.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Roth posted:

I like how they added an icon for HBO Max that does nothing but tell you that the app is only available on PS4.

This happened to me and I checked system update, there was none. But I still figured maybe the "page" with that icon was pointed to the wrong thing and needed to be refreshed, so I turned the system off(fully off) and back on and it downloaded next time I tried

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Rinkles posted:

Curious what specs you have
Ryzen 5 and GTX 1660. Now that I think about it, it wasn’t last year, it was at the beginning of this year. It just feels like 10 years ago.

Oh and I bought my first M.2 SSD since then I guess that doesn’t enter into the $800 I mentioned. CP2077’s load time from the title screen is about five seconds.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Dec 17, 2020

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
a low spec computer can play cyberpunk, a base bone and ps4 will not very well. also, it runs better on the xbox series x than ps5 by having pc-size crowd and option for quality or framerate.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I spend all day on a loving PC working. I ain't got time or patience to gently caress around. Gimme something that can play pretty games fairly well (yes I know we don't get 14500 fps) and it's all good.

I think its time for SEGA to come with their new console and put all gaming wars to bed.

henpod fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Dec 17, 2020

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

henpod posted:

I spend all day on a loving PC, I ain't got time or patience to gently caress around. Gimme something that can play pretty games fairly well (yes I know we don't get 14500 fps) and it's all good.

I think its time for SEGA to come with their new console and put all gaming wars to bed.

Dreamcast 2

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

henpod posted:

I spend all day on a loving PC, I ain't got time or patience to gently caress around. Gimme something that can play pretty games fairly well (yes I know we don't get 14500 fps) and it's all good.

In general that’s my attitude as well but if the game is massively better on the PC, or it’s the PC first and won’t be on consoles for months, I play it on the PC. Plugged in my TV with an Xbox controller, that is.

The other PC game I’m playing right now is Hades, because it doesn’t have a release date on the Switch in Japan yet.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Celexi posted:

Dreamcast 2

MAGAdrive

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

the interaction between controller haptics and tempest engine is a sort of 'next gen' that i don't see coming down the pike for pc for quite some time

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I used to play games on PC but the combo of being deskbound, the constant maintenance and the upgrade cycles made me decide to switch over to console gaming. I'm just way happier playing on the couch with a big TV rather than hunched over a desk. I know I could connect a PC to my TV but I'd still need to deal with a lot of PC bullshit, I'd rather live with the lesser graphics and so on and benefit from the ease of use and simplicity of consoles.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Apropos of absolutely nothing but I just got a month's free trail of stadia and played Hitman 2 on my laptop and by god there's 0 perceptible lag. Kind of wish I did that ridiculous cyberpunk for £30 with a free controller and ultra chromecast deal when it was up. Unfortunately I don't actually have a mouse, so I wasn't actually able to shoot anyone, and my playstation controller is like, in the other room which is too far away to test a proof of concept. The only real issue is that the resolution's a little fuzzy.

I wonder what PSnow is like in streaming only.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Gaius Marius posted:

I don't understand why everyone's on such a rush to get ps5's. The only games for it are cross platform or ports, the console seems like the build quality is poo poo, and it's expensive as hell. Just wait for the revision

Am I expected to play 13 Sentinels on the PS4 sitting here? You stupid cow!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Which games do you think these are?

Persona 5, bloodborne, sekiro, and spiderman. Those are the only ps4 exclusives I enjoyed playing in the last seven years. This last gen was a travesty, and I don't have high hopes for this new one.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
You didn't enjoy God of War 2018 at all? I thought it was a great game that really went the distance to finally make Kratos a somewhat sympathetic character rather than a caricature of himself.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Stop replying to the troll.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

If I had found myself to be no longer enjoying playing video games for one reason or another then I would happily apply my new found free time doing something else

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I used to play games on PC but the combo of being deskbound, the constant maintenance and the upgrade cycles made me decide to switch over to console gaming. I'm just way happier playing on the couch with a big TV rather than hunched over a desk. I know I could connect a PC to my TV but I'd still need to deal with a lot of PC bullshit, I'd rather live with the lesser graphics and so on and benefit from the ease of use and simplicity of consoles.

You put it pretty much perfectly.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Play games however you want.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I used to PC game but only for games that were clearly easier to play on PCs like civilization or starcraft but since I dont really play RTSs anymore and Civ6 is a perfectly enjoyable experience on ps4, my laptop has sat unused in a closet for the past 6 years.

Civ6 is still probably a better experience on pc what with mods and everything but since it's not a forever game that I'm going to put 1000 hours into the base game has plenty of content to keep me occupied until I move on to something else

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Soysaucebeast posted:

Well poo poo, maybe my boyfriend has been secretly burying them out in the backyard or something when I'm at work.

it's probably the smoking op

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

You didn't enjoy God of War 2018 at all? I thought it was a great game that really went the distance to finally make Kratos a somewhat sympathetic character rather than a caricature of himself.

Naw, I tried gow and horizon and found them both pretty boring. Gow was a lot better though, horizon has way too much of that ubisoft style useless bullshit in their open world. I'd much rather play a game nowadays that I don't spend eighty percent of it just walking around from marker to marker.

I'll give gow it at least had fun combat, and I didn't hate his kid, strange how they finally got back to the god of war concept stages idea of having Kratos run around with a child to humanize him.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Vikar Jerome posted:

Ps5 has NO GAMES

How is this not the thread title yet?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Shame to hear it, I thought it was really enjoyable experience. Got to agree with you HZD, though. It was entertaining for a while, but it suffers a lot from the typical Ubisoftisms of a world that is too big with too many things to collect that don't really do all that much. A lot of busywork that often isn't all that enjoyable because robo-animal drops are randomized. Often felt more like grinding than like being a big game hunter.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

have you considered that you don't like games at all

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

quote:

So? The the PC actually has games. PS4 had like four games worth playing over it's entire life

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
More like _____ Marius, lol.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

that was a good game op

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Technically TLOU is a PS3 game that was remastered for PS4
:goonsay:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

please gaming god let me get rid of this ad page on ps5 home screen fml i hate it so much

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

Technically TLOU is a PS3 game that was remastered for PS4
:goonsay:

same but until dawn and TLG

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

please gaming god let me get rid of this ad page on ps5 home screen fml i hate it so much
You must propitiate Dread Arengee. Sacrifice some cows.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
What's the 'ad page'?

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Shirkelton posted:

What's the 'ad page'?

When you login and are greeted by enormous fortnite garbage ads probably.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I was hoping those would get overwritten if I followed more games I liked but no I played 5 rounds of fortnite in my entire life and it’s still the first think I see when I log in atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The news thing that appears as the first icon you're automatically on at boot up.

As for fortnite ads I think the news tab only shows you things for games you are actually subscribed to. I don't think I've ever seen fortnite stuff on mine cause I haven't downloaded fortnite ever. I think there's a way to unsubscribe from various "news" feeds.

My news feed really wants me to watch Jaden Smiths music video for Spider-Man Miles Morales