Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Is not like Bloodborne needs more than just fixing the frame pacing. Restoring some cut content and maybe revamping chalices would be drat cool at the other hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

on launch day i won't be able to get a ps5 but i can just stick the Demon's Souls remake disc in my PS4 and watch the boot screen

Sucks they dont still do poo poo like this

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I've got bad news for you if you're gonna play Cyberpunk on a base PS4.

Yeah, its gonna run way better than it will on xbox one 360

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Fallout 4 was pretty good so I hope they make a Fallout 5 at one point.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hope all of the people who made it fallout of a window

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

Fallout 4 was pretty good so I hope they make a Fallout 5 at one point.

Just gotta wait for Starfield and Elder Scrolls first... so Fallout 5 should be in just time for the PS7 launch.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I really like that pack of games that new PS5 owners get. Any idea if this is just for the launch, or if I get my ps5 next year sometimes it would apply?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Escobarbarian posted:

I hope all of the people who made it fallout of a window

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

henpod posted:

I really like that pack of games that new PS5 owners get. Any idea if this is just for the launch, or if I get my ps5 next year sometimes it would apply?

They have given no indication that it is a limited time feature.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Barudak posted:

Bluepoint absolutely gonna remaster Bloodborne, but it might be their B-team after Sony buys them out and finally lets them do an original game.

I'm amazed they haven't bought Bluepoint yet.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Was it Tim Robinson who made that really smarmy tweet about pre-orders who was like "To everyone who is upset that you couldn't order a PS5, just do what I do and walk into any store on launch and buy one!" I'm trying to find it so I can see how badly it ages.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Bust Rodd posted:

Was it Tim Robinson who made that really smarmy tweet about pre-orders who was like "To everyone who is upset that you couldn't order a PS5, just do what I do and walk into any store on launch and buy one!" I'm trying to find it so I can see how badly it ages.

Tim Rogers is his name I think.

Yes, this will be an extremely bad take. If you live in a hugely populated area where your stores get tons and tons of stock, that can be a thing that can happen. As someone who lives in a small western Canadian city when the PS4 came out you couldn’t just walk in anywhere and get one. You had to watch places like a hawk and hope you could either snag one using the online reserve system, or simply get there on shipment days. This happens for pretty much ANY console launch here.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

imagine walking into a shop lmao\

enjoy dying!!!

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are

Bust Rodd posted:

Now I totally want a Tim Robinson PS5 preorder skit.

Did you ever preorder a PS5 and then you received an email from Amazon and they said you MIGHT get a PS5? And then Sony sends you a bag of toilet spiders in the mail which infest your bathroom and bite you every time you try to take a dump in your own toilet?? HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU???

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

no, tim rogers said you could add to cart in an online store a week/few days before release, as he did with playstations 3 and 4 and his reasoning is actually sound because a lot of people preorder, theres a high chance some cant afford it and can it anyway and were just swept up in the hype and some will have declined cards and you kinda just swoop in and get one given no one else will be thinking that way (until now!) and this does work because thats how i got a nintendo switch 1 week before launch.

this will only work at stores that dont have a queue system in place, naturally.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 12, 2020

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

imagine walking into a shop lmao\

enjoy dying!!!

Good thing I can use a NBC suit from my job, walk into a GAME store and get physical videogames safely :colbert:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Vikar Jerome posted:

Yeah, its gonna run way better than it will on xbox one 360

I genuinely cannot wait to see how much of a car crash Cyberpunk will be on the launch consoles. Microsoft actually failed its cert the first time around it was so bad, and I've never heard of a major game release failing cert before.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

CottonWolf posted:

I genuinely cannot wait to see how much of a car crash Cyberpunk will be on the launch consoles. Microsoft actually failed its cert the first time around it was so bad, and I've never heard of a major game release failing cert before.

holy poo poo lol.

tbh, i really think the ps4 base version will run fine. the console that runs bloodborne perfectly fine.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

CottonWolf posted:

Really? There an actual source for that?

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

That's saying something when Activision can send in a gold master with only the first game in the Spyro trilogy or Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 with just the tutorial

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Red Warrior posted:

Really? There an actual source for that?

I can't find an official source for it at the moment. There's this:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/01/22/cyberpunk-2077-delayed-xbox-one-unsatisfactory-performance/

And I found a few places saying that it had actually failed "pre-certification" whatever that is. But I can't find the original source now. But yeah, it was the reason for the original delay to September apparently.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 12, 2020

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

CottonWolf posted:

I can't find an official source for it at the moment. There's this:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/01/22/cyberpunk-2077-delayed-xbox-one-unsatisfactory-performance/

And I found a few places saying that it had actually failed "pre-certification" whatever that is. But I can't find the original source now. But yeah, it was the reason for the original delay to September apparently.

Yeah I dunno like I'm sure general performance issues are part of why they delayed it along with likely it still being very buggy but confirming supposed specific details as to why on a 'report' from some guy on a podcast who totally knows someone that gets picked up by the sort of site that posts 'Breath of the Wild 2 Cancelled??' as it's latest story is tenuous.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Red Warrior posted:

Yeah I dunno like I'm sure general performance issues are part of why they delayed it along with likely it still being very buggy but confirming supposed specific details as to why on a 'report' from some guy on a podcast who totally knows someone that gets picked up by the sort of site that posts 'Breath of the Wild 2 Cancelled??' as it's latest story is tenuous.

As someone who doesn't speak Polish, I'm not qualified to say, but my understanding is that the person on that podcast is a reliable journalist/documentarist who was covering the topic. There's always an element of rumour and speculation about these things when the companies they're talking about aren't talking though, especially in translation, I agree.

If you can read Polish, this is probably the reliable source:

https://www.eurogamer.pl/articles/2020-01-22-cyberpunk-2077-opozniony-przez-problemy-z-wydajnoscia-na-xbox-one

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 12, 2020

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

CottonWolf posted:

As someone who doesn't speak Polish, I'm not qualified to say, but my understanding is that the person on that podcast is a reliable journalist/documentarist who was covering the topic. There's always an element of rumour and speculation about these things when the companies they're talking about aren't talking though, especially in translation, I agree.

If you can read Polish, this is probably the reliable source:

https://www.eurogamer.pl/articles/2020-01-22-cyberpunk-2077-opozniony-przez-problemy-z-wydajnoscia-na-xbox-one

You really shouldnt justify things to Xbox Warriors who have to defend Microsofts honor at every turn.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

holy poo poo lol.

tbh, i really think the ps4 base version will run fine. the console that runs bloodborne perfectly fine.

Good luck, all four current gen consoles have the same poo poo cpu so if the game relies on processor power there is no escape.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Vikar Jerome posted:

dmc5se on the sony playstation 5 loads in 3 seconds. WITNESS TRUE POWER

Still too long imo. 3 second loading screens everytime you jump from one menu to next.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
But only one of them has the right ram

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

morallyobjected posted:

it's by Bluepoint, whose entire job is making remasters and they're very good at it.

yeah i know bluepoint remastering demon souls was basically a dream come true

i'm just waiting for reviews on it, i suspect it might be fairly easy to lose the from magic.

plus i can play 60fps 4k demons souls right now and its good.
some areas even look really nice, like the hub zone, lots of nice high rez assets... aaaaand some zones look like 4-1

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Nail Rat posted:

I'm amazed they haven't bought Bluepoint yet.

I have a feeling that will happen some time this gen since Demon's Souls on PS4 inevitably doing great will open the floodgates for another wave of HD/remake/etc. editions of past games.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Demon's Souls is a fantastic game with great atmosphere but it's not exactly a looker. I think the game will only benefit from the remake.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

CottonWolf posted:

This is damned impressive when you look at some AAA games that pass cert with like the insano glitches of Aliens Colonial Marines or how tons of major releases from 2012-2015 launched with week one patches to make basic poo poo like saving your game not gently caress up.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Demons souls 2

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

The Black Stones posted:

Tim Rogers is his name I think.

Yes, this will be an extremely bad take. If you live in a hugely populated area where your stores get tons and tons of stock, that can be a thing that can happen. As someone who lives in a small western Canadian city when the PS4 came out you couldn’t just walk in anywhere and get one. You had to watch places like a hawk and hope you could either snag one using the online reserve system, or simply get there on shipment days. This happens for pretty much ANY console launch here.

Yeah this is an insanely idiotic take from someone who never walked into a store on launch day to buy a console. Even in a city, like I live in NYC and LMAO absolutely no one was strolling into a store on the afternoon of launch day and buying a PS3/4/whatever. Hell even the Wii U didn't go down like that.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Demons souls 2

One Weird Trick To Make Me Buy A PS5 Instead Of Waiting For The Inevitable PS5 Pro/Slim/Whatever

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Pretty sure Tim Rogers said he bought both PS4 and Xbox one off Amazon a couple days before launch - not walked into a store. He’s in the US now (maybe Japan back then?), and it would be a strange thing to lie about l.

I hope no ones walking into stores now, unless you like to live dangerously or are lucky enough to be in NZ.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
This is his tweet thread. It has been misrepresented.

https://twitter.com/108/status/1308428583363280896?s=20

(it's a good thread and worth reading)

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i do wanna play hzd2 and gow2 a lot, but i dont think we'll get a bloodborne 2 and bloodborne was what made me buy a ps4

least of all now that from has acquired the grrm curse

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Good luck, all four current gen consoles have the same poo poo cpu so if the game relies on processor power there is no escape.

CDPR could have made it easier on themselves releasing the game on PC first and then releasing it for next gen consoles 6-12 months later.

Developing something as ambitious as Cyberpunk for a 7 year old laptop cpu and a a GPU as powerful as a Geforce 950 is going to be difficult.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

So reductions in load times from 22.5 seconds to about 3.8 seconds is impressive, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Shammypants posted:

So reductions in load times from 22.5 seconds to about 3.8 seconds is impressive, right?

What game was that on?