Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
When my first one came I stationed friends (roommates) at my front door while I took a shower. They had a great time panicking me when I came back downstairs and fedex had been and gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I'd adore FF7R if they'd optimize materia shuffling and eliminate all the button pressing, hallway shuffling, pacing-murdering gameplay

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Not a Children posted:

I'd adore FF7R if they'd optimize materia shuffling and eliminate all the button pressing, hallway shuffling, pacing-murdering gameplay

How’s how to improve, fix, and make FF7R an even better game:

1. More Roche.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I hope Roche keeps coming back on increasingly impractical vehicles.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

exquisite tea posted:

I hope Roche keeps coming back on increasingly impractical vehicles.

*Drives off a building into the road in front of you in a Monster Truck*

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

boz posted:

PS5 set to be delivered today from that Best Buy drop on the 22nd. I'm afraid to take a nap and lose it to porch pirates.

I literally just woke up from a small nap and dreamed I got mine earlier but someone had pulled the system out of the box.

Woke up just now to an email saying it’s ready to be picked up a day early.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I got a ps5 on the Walmart AND best buy drops last week or whatever and am just selling them at cost to friends because someone sold me mine at cost and of course I then immediately was able to get some on restocks....

Just saying it's possible y'all keep trying

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

ShaneB posted:

I got a ps5 on the Walmart AND best buy drops last week or whatever and am just selling them at cost to friends because someone sold me mine at cost and of course I then immediately was able to get some on restocks....

Just saying it's possible y'all keep trying

Yeah I’ve been doing this for a lot of tech. My two other buddies both have young kids that are learning from home so they can’t just drop what they’re doing when discord pops.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Rolo posted:

Woke up just now to an email saying it’s ready to be picked up a day early.

Mine is scheduled for Thursday, I'd love to get it today since it's my weekend and all.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Its......here

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Dualsense feels really good. It's not quite as big as I was expecting. I cant set this thing up yet cuz we had it mistakenly delivered to the in-laws house!!! Lol!!!!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I cant believe we've actually managed to score one. Big shout out to LADY CORN for getting the job done by running through Argos checkout at lighting speed at 3.30 this freaking morning!! 🤗 blessed 🤗

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!
UK folks - if you live in the liminal spaces between worlds, you can get a PS5 from Argos!

https://twitter.com/Brainmage/status/1354102649860354051?s=19

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Policenaut posted:

After Outer Worlds and Tyranny I'm convinced New Vegas was a fluke.

nah i dont think that's true. what i DO think is that this was the perfect set of circumstances for them to make their best possible game. they still had a lot of the people who worked at interplay, or at least, significantly more than they have now, plus the game systems had already been kind of beta tested in fallout 3, so they got to see what worked and what didnt about making fallout a first person rpg. plus they very clearly understood the IP significantly better than bethesda did, and got to showcase how they better understood the game and its systems while iterating on the first ever 3d fallout game.

if they had to come up with the game engine from scratch they may very well have done a better job, or simply just the same, but they didn't have to spend time on that and they had a built in for comparison version of how it could be done worse.

the outer wilds is a brand new IP which is way more work, the audience is less invested, and mechanically all of the games faults were more glaring because it's not improving on anything. it's just a new thing. plus the amount of turnover they must have had over the decade between or whatever i am sure is huge.

basically i think new vegas was a legit endeavor but i think the circumstances that created it are never going to be replicated. they could probably have made something off of fallout 4 had it happened by now, but it's been so long since then. i do think if they were the lead for fallout 5 it will probably come out of the oven better, and maybe they could make something that feels more classic and groundbreaking just by introducing rpg elements again. i dunno, i'm tired and got off track. anyway i guess you could say new vegas was a fluke but mostly just because of the circumstances that allowed its creation and not actually that obsidian was never that good to begin with. bloodlines was really good too! just very broken for a lot of reasons out of their control (other than that they agreed to be put into that position)

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Opening the world’s biggest console box! Can’t wait to play *checks my list*

Bloodborne!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Rolo posted:

Opening the world’s biggest console box! Can’t wait to play *checks my list*

Bloodborne!

When first playing a PS5

Remember the 4 B's

- Bloodborne

- Bugsnax

- BluePoint's Demon's Souls

- BHitman 3

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Holy poo poo Ghost of Tsushima in 60fps. I can see it now. My eyes are ruined forever...

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
After Astrobot and Bugsnax, all I've played on my PS5 has been Valhalla and NHL 21. $500 well spent.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

fridge corn posted:

Holy poo poo Ghost of Tsushima in 60fps. I can see it now. My eyes are ruined forever...

I just remembered I’ve been waiting to play this!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
TsushimOWNS

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
2016 GOTY - DOOM

2017 GOTY - DOOM

2018 GOTY - DOOM

2019 GOTY - DOOM

2020 GOTY - Ghost of Tsushima (and DOOM)

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Playing Cyber Shadow, this might be the first CRT filter for a retro-styled game that I don't hate. It really ensmoothens things in the right way.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

2016 GOTY - DOOM

2017 GOTY - DOOM

2018 GOTY - DOOM

2019 GOTY - DOOM

I want you in my room
Let's spend the night together
For now until forever

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ensmoothens is quite the word.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
HEY PEOPLE TRYING TO GET ONE!!

Sony queue is up:

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/consoles/console/playstation5-console.3005816

:f5: :f5: :f5:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hmmm don't think this is happening.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Literally just came here to post that.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

gently caress I clicked on the link as soon as the sneakerhead twitter posted it and there was still half an hour before queue opening... I see the same thing lol, gently caress everything

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I choose to believe anyone posting about playing PS5 games in this thread committed a crime to get one

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Leave it up and see what happens. That's what it said for me (on release day) and then it at some point just suddenly jumped to 22 min then 9 and then I was in. :shrug:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

FuriousGeorge posted:

Leave it up and see what happens. That's what it said for me (on release day) and then it at some point just suddenly jumped to 22 min then 9 and then I was in. :shrug:

Mine went down to 54 minutes and then back up to "more than an hour", time dilation...

acksplode
May 17, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I choose to believe anyone posting about playing PS5 games in this thread committed a crime to get one

Tim Rogers bought one off Amazon a day before launch like it was nothing and then I broke into his home and stole it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Got to say I love the dual sense but I and currently battling it a little. The buttons feel spongy and the triggers are deeper than before or something. I don't notice it in demon's souls, but in spidey it's very apparent. Hopefully I'll just get used to it.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I wish I could just find a place to pre-order one.
Here’s $500 Best Buy. What’s that? I’ll have it sometime before may? Great.

It would be way better than these loving lotteries.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was 100% in the camp of "I'm just gonna get one when I get one. I'll probably be able to snag one off Amazon or target sometime around launch even if I get one a week late. Don't want to deal with this day 1 preorder mayhem"

But then a goon I was playing games with told me they were up on Amazon later that day, and I figured why not. I had no idea what a hassle he was saving me at the time, and I feel really lucky I got to wake up with a PS5 on my doorstep on launch day.

The day preorders were announced was weirdly the easiest day to get one. One of the guys in our group got 4 of them (which he sold to other goons at cost)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

No, but I did indeed sell my soul to get one.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A soul for a good item has been a long standing tradition in sony games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

No, but I did indeed sell my soul to get one.

If you don't want to say I understand, but I am dying to know what the markup was.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

If you don't want to say I understand, but I am dying to know what the markup was.

Let's just say two 17 year old nerds had a nice christmas for themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

ensmoothens is quite the word.

it’s a perfectly cromulent word