Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I certainly hope not!

The setting for removing your voice from other peoples' recording is still there as it relates to game recordings or streaming; there is a separate moderation only feature where all voice chat is recorded in a rolling five minute period that can be used to send reports to Sony.

Going by this thread I'm sure there'll be a thriving community dedicated to hacking out their DualSense mics for :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Rad Valtar posted:

It’s in the post. loving lol.

Once again: why would anyone play with pubbies?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ham posted:

The setting for removing your voice from other peoples' recording is still there as it relates to game recordings or streaming; there is a separate moderation only feature where all voice chat is recorded in a rolling five minute period that can be used to send reports to Sony.

Going by this thread I'm sure there'll be a thriving community dedicated to hacking out their DualSense mics for :tinfoil:

Sweet.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

There's likely not many IRL or goon or whatever friends for all of your games. If you want to play multiplayer you're likely to have to do so with randoms, especially on console.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Once again it’s in the post.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
What's the best-case scenario here? They were using this as a soft launch for the new party system to see how people liked it and they have a more traditional version ready or close to ready? Otherwise they're either rushing to make last-minute changes or the PS5 comes out with an IOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ham posted:

I'm pretty sure if this is a major concern that someone will start selling a little dongle you can plug into the bottom of the DualSense that thinks it's a mic and switches to it but doesn't actually capture anything. Annoying that it's needed at all, but I think you can avoid going to the extreme of opening 'er up.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

Once again it’s in the post.

It's a rhetorical question

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

It's a rhetorical question

It’s a rhetorical answer.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

morestuff posted:

What's the best-case scenario here? They were using this as a soft launch for the new party system to see how people liked it and they have a more traditional version ready or close to ready? Otherwise they're either rushing to make last-minute changes or the PS5 comes out with an IOU

They don't have to make changes to the party system before launch, probably expect meaningful changes to that in the first year after they have more feedback.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

univbee posted:

but I think you can avoid going to the extreme of opening 'er up.

I dunno, with the DS4 track record of people opening them up to disable features in hope of extending battery life...anything's possible!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

morestuff posted:

Launching with a busted feature or two is not a huge surprise.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Launching with a busted feature or two is not a huge surprise.

Maybe, but this one seems to have been pretty avoidable

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I remember playing on private goon servers and having good fun way back in 2004 or so when private servers were much more of a thing. Private servers have almost entirely died off for popular releases, with most new games using match-making instead. Gamespy (the software) and All Seeing Eye are relics of the past. Playing with goons is more of a hassle then it used to be, and it's also on a much smaller scale. We are filling up 64 player Battlefield servers or 32 player CS servers with dumb custom maps anymore, as far as I can tell.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:raise:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sad that I won't be able to plug my Back Button Attachment into that thing. I'm really going to miss this attachment...

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Because you want to play the videogame you bought. Playing with random goons isn't much better.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Policenaut posted:

Sad that I won't be able to plug my Back Button Attachment into that thing. I'm really going to miss this attachment...

I'm honestly surprised the back buttons weren't part of the DualSense.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

Because you want to play the videogame you bought. Playing with random goons isn't much better.

:thunk:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

happy 2 trade adaptive triggers 4 some paddles

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm honestly surprised the back buttons weren't part of the DualSense.

I assumed for the longest time that they were just going to do an Elite DualSense with all the bells and whistles, but it doesn't look like that's happening any time soon.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

My caring will not change this, nor will my complaining about the photography.

Great job getting a poo poo shot, I guess.

Fix fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Oct 18, 2020

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Policenaut posted:

I assumed for the longest time that they were just going to do an Elite DualSense with all the bells and whistles, but it doesn't look like that's happening any time soon.

Probably a scuf variant for PS5 before long

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

What am I meant to be looking at here

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

What am I meant to be looking at here

either it's a black dualsense or a fake black dualsense

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man I want a black console/dualsense so much aaahhhhhh

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The dev kit controllers are black.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Shirkelton posted:

The dev kit controllers are black.

devs! :argh:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Matter of time before we get black controllers/swappable face plates.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

When you reach a certain age, your friends start having kids and stuff and then they are not available anymore to play games with you.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

When you reach a certain age, your friends start having kids and stuff and then they are not available anymore to play games with you.

cursed age. more likely they are desperate to play games with you because they've been quarantined for 7 straight months with a newborn, a 2 year old, and 3 cats

and yet still no excuse to play with pubbies

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:gas:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

and yet still no excuse to play with pubbies

BP stfu like seriously who the gently caress cares you've made this thread insufferable

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Thanks for being so understanding

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
The inbuilt mic on the DualSense is actually great because wearing a headset is the worst loving part of playing with people. At least I managed to convert my boyfriend to just calling through Telegram and putting it on a speaker.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m usually a fan on Beanposting but spending multiple pages dunking on people who don’t have friends and would like some modicum of social interaction via gaming in this hellworld seems unusually mean-spirited and cold-hearted for someone whose spent the last year getting gassed by cops every night trying to fight for their community.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Close this terrible thread until the PS5 comes out IMHO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*emails the last five pages to the mods*