Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I don't mind the lack of PS5 games cuz there's so many PS4 games I haven't played, but I remember returning my launch PS4 due to lack of games.

backwards compatibility hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Delayed to 2023. Mention it again and it’s going to be 2024.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Delayed to 2023. Mention it again and it’s going to be 2024.

Factions 2 :troll:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Factions 2 is now a freemium mobile title.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Factions 2 will release exclusively on the Tiger Game.com.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Frog Factions

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Nice, rather than being cut after Japan Studio fell apart, Team Asobi reintroduced themselves and said that they're growing under that studio name now.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Fix posted:

Nice, rather than being cut after Japan Studio fell apart

more liked demolished

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Factions 2 is now a freemium mobile title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_HwzO2uqVs

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Factions 2: The new game mode coming exclusively to Fortnite

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fix posted:

Nice, rather than being cut after Japan Studio fell apart, Team Asobi reintroduced themselves and said that they're growing under that studio name now.

Yeah, a variety of Japan Studio members went off to form their own studios, and a bunch went to Asobi, and a few stayed with Ex Dev.

Japan Studio is pretty much the greatest but honestly it's better this way. They shipped some great titles and also some of the loose ends on PS4 but it was getting obvious that the studio culture there was disintegrating.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Factions 2, coming exclusively to a Flash emulator near you

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

veni veni veni posted:

The funny thing is the actual answer to this question is "no, you have to use the canon"

I never used it on Nightmare (I forgot it existed).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I claimed Control Ultimate Edition on PS4 when it was a Plus game, but it seems like that doesn't qualify for the free PS5 upgrade after all, rip

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

haveblue posted:

I claimed Control Ultimate Edition on PS4 when it was a Plus game, but it seems like that doesn't qualify for the free PS5 upgrade after all, rip
No I think you would have had to actually buy it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

you would've got it if you did it via the webstore

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

haveblue posted:

I think you had to specifically claim the PS5 version because cross-gen handling is a nightmare. I also got it from Plus and it was definitely the PS5 version I played.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I have some big expenses coming up but I also want to get the new Ratchet & Clank. So I have to brainstorm how to get this game for free. Maybe Insomniac can be made to believe I'm a big influencer.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

smoobles posted:

I don't mind the lack of PS5 games cuz there's so many PS4 games I haven't played, but I remember returning my launch PS4 due to lack of games.

backwards compatibility hell yeah

yeah f’real that Gen or two with no BC sucked

People forget how lovely & bare bones the PS4 launch was (woo warframe & Killzone). Plus the switch had nothing but BOTW for a year.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

yeah f’real that Gen or two with no BC sucked

People forget how lovely & bare bones the PS4 launch was (woo warframe & Killzone). Plus the switch had nothing but BOTW for a year.

Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 came less than a year after launch. Topic Locked

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Played some Operation Tango with a friend this evening (game him a code and he played a free version), and had a blast with it. The premise is that one person is an agent, walking around and interacting with things, and one person is a hacker, seeing literally nothing but a computer interface. And the amount of assymetry between the two is the most I've seen in a game yet - one mission involved the hacker cross referencing information the agent is providing in order to find someone on a train while she walks around and hacks other people's phones to find the target, avoiding someone else that the hacker can identify while he is also locking/unlocking door between them, for example. I'm looking forward to playing it again but as the other side, as we've been alternating with each mission.

Edit: anyone with a free version of the game can join a game with someone that has a full version of the game, and its also cross-play between all systems, including Steam.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 came less than a year after launch. Topic Locked

Also game of the century Puyo Puyo Tetris

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Welp, two months in and my PS5 controller is already broken in an unplayable way: R2 is stuck down just enough that the controller thinks it is sending continuous input, so any game that uses R2 (read: every game that exists) won't work unless I hold my finger under the shoulder button to force it up. It couldn't even wait until the red controller went on sale. :(

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Morpheus posted:

Played some Operation Tango with a friend this evening (game him a code and he played a free version), and had a blast with it. The premise is that one person is an agent, walking around and interacting with things, and one person is a hacker, seeing literally nothing but a computer interface. And the amount of assymetry between the two is the most I've seen in a game yet - one mission involved the hacker cross referencing information the agent is providing in order to find someone on a train while she walks around and hacks other people's phones to find the target, avoiding someone else that the hacker can identify while he is also locking/unlocking door between them, for example. I'm looking forward to playing it again but as the other side, as we've been alternating with each mission.

Edit: anyone with a free version of the game can join a game with someone that has a full version of the game, and its also cross-play between all systems, including Steam.

Does it have couch co-op? I wouldn't mind playing it with some local friends.

Edit: Nevermind, I just googled it and it doesn't. That sucks, I was looking forward to checking it out, but I have like two online friends I'd play with and neither has a PS5/gaming PC.

Soysaucebeast fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 3, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Can i share a co-op code with a ps4 friend to play with?
Apparently so

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Soysaucebeast posted:

Does it have couch co-op? I wouldn't mind playing it with some local friends.

Edit: Nevermind, I just googled it and it doesn't. That sucks, I was looking forward to checking it out, but I have like two online friends I'd play with and neither has a PS5/gaming PC.

Usually im a huge fan of couch coop but I think in this case it would be nearly impossible to pull off, first because the whole conceit of the game is that youre communicating info on stuff the other person can't see (so sharing a screen would negate this whole premise) and secondly you often need the entire screen to keep track of what's happening, so like unless the devs created screens that were really small to show everything, it wouldn't really work.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1400165319927386113?s=20

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Normalize your sticks positions first

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

please, no branded proselytizing

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Normalize your sticks positions first

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Doing the star wars spaceshit tutorial makes me wanna delete the game. Really hate that poo poo in games where it it holds your hand for an hour walking you through each and every thing. Also way to much chatting. In Rogue Leader youre just kicked into action and told to shoot things

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

you know who else thought this would get people to stop talking about disabilities

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I tried to buy an xbox yesterday and them shits sold out immediately. I dont know a single person with one so I dont know whos buying them but they're gone

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

you know who else thought this would get people to stop talking about disabilities

:chloe:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

haveblue posted:

I swear that's how I got it and played the PS5 version just fine :confused:.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It worked but you had to specifically claim the PS5 version when it was on plus, if you didnt realise and just did PS4 that's all you got.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

On a related note, does anyone know what kind of prep work I need to do so that I can play FF7 Remake: Intergrade on my PS5?

I'll have to wait until there's a PS5 listing on the store, right? Is there going to be a preload? How will my PS4 save file come over

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/06/new...mVwriRNaKJSsLoo

GoW delayed, but no big surprise there.

woops i'm late as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

haveblue posted:

People keep saying this and after getting my PS5 I noticed I somehow ended up with the PS5 version. I guess it is because I claimed it off the PSN website and not on my ps4?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

On a related note, does anyone know what kind of prep work I need to do so that I can play FF7 Remake: Intergrade on my PS5?

I'll have to wait until there's a PS5 listing on the store, right? Is there going to be a preload? How will my PS4 save file come over

The other day I found a page on Square's website that said a patch would be coming to the PS4 version that would let you migrate the save to the PS5 version. I assume it will be more or less like migrating saves in Spider-Man.