Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

We have more FF7R coming what else could you really need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

I said come in! posted:

I started Ratchet & Clank last night for the first time. I don't know what PS5 enhancements the game has, but it looks really nice, and runs very well. Its funny when it plays FMV's of the movie that released alongside it but no one saw.

IIRC it was 60 FPS and that's about it. It was a really good-looking game back in the day anyway. The story is pretty terrible on account of the awful movie, but at least it killed the chances of any more films.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

exquisite tea posted:

Anybody enjoying some PS5 games out there? Haha just kidding. Anyway here's some more info about Forbidden West!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNjqw2X6Y5o

everybody can finally stop complaining about it.

Yeah right

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

grassy gnoll posted:

IIRC it was 60 FPS and that's about it. It was a really good-looking game back in the day anyway. The story is pretty terrible on account of the awful movie, but at least it killed the chances of any more films.

I kinda like the humor so far, especially any of the 4th wall breaking jokes. I am easily entertained because I have a lizard brain. Laughed harder than I should have at the character that mentions seeing Ratchet again in the next reboot.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

exquisite tea posted:

Anybody enjoying some PS5 games out there? Haha just kidding. Anyway here's some more info about Forbidden West!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNjqw2X6Y5o

- Free climbing is in the game, everybody can finally stop complaining about it.
- There will be additional traversal options besides just the glider and grappling hook shown in the demo.
- PS5 allows for higher level of detail and lighting, hero lighting on Aloy is a PS5-only feature.
- Development started on PS4 and is being optimized to still perform well on last-gen consoles.
- Multiple types of valor surges tied to the skill tree, built up through weapon combos and "tactical" play (i.e. stripping parts from machines).
- Workbench is present at every major settlement in the game, allows the player to unlock new skills and ammo types in addition to upgrading damage.
- More emphasis placed on companion quests and interactions, some returning characters who haven't been announced yet.
- 60FPS performance mode will be supported on PS5.

This game is going to rule.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Been out for years, friend.

:boom:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

chaleski posted:

Failed to get a PS5 from Bestbuy again gently caress everything :bang:

despite all my rage I am still just refreshing the page

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
RIP Sly Cooper. Maybe one day Sony will remember that you still exist.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Regarding the FF7R Yuffie DLC: if I understand it right, I can buy it as a DLC if I own the PS4 version and the basically get the PS5 version + DLC, correct?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

tuo posted:

Regarding the FF7R Yuffie DLC: if I understand it right, I can buy it as a DLC if I own the PS4 version and the basically get the PS5 version + DLC, correct?

depends, did you buy the PS4 version, or was it the PS+ freebie?

if the former, you just need to pay I think $20 for the Yuffie DLC, PS5 update is free. If the latter, you'll have to pay for both I believe.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I hope there's a line in Forbidden West where they explain (minor sidequest spoiler Zero Dawn) why you don't have your high tech shield armor anymore.

Still frustrated they made that elaborate questline for that and apparently give you zero opportunities to use it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

tuo posted:

The DLC is PS5 only, and requires the purchased version, not the PS+, it can only be played with the PS5 enhanced update that releases next week.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought it was most useless since it didn't have any mod slots

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

blackguy32 posted:

It would be really nice if Sony at least gave these games HD remasters. The last game was back in February 2013 for PS3, and I don't think any of the games made it over to PS4.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

blackguy32 posted:

There's a trophy for dressing up Jin to look vaguely like Sly in Ghost of Tsushima, so he's not entirely forgotten :unsmith:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hope there's a line in Forbidden West where they explain (minor sidequest spoiler Zero Dawn) why you don't have your high tech shield armor anymore.

Still frustrated they made that elaborate questline for that and apparently give you zero opportunities to use it

Aloy stripped it off to make her shield glider.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I own the ps4 purchased version of ff7
Do i need to buy anything to play the yuff dlc or am i just getting it on the 10th?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Real hurthling! posted:

I own the ps4 purchased version of ff7
Do i need to buy anything to play the yuff dlc or am i just getting it on the 10th?

You have to buy the Yuffie DLC, it's only the base game upgrade that's free.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

depends, did you buy the PS4 version, or was it the PS+ freebie?

if the former, you just need to pay I think $20 for the Yuffie DLC, PS5 update is free. If the latter, you'll have to pay for both I believe.

Yeah, I bought it. Sounds good, thank you :)

I said come in! posted:

The DLC is PS5 only, and requires the purchased version, not the PS+, it can only be played with the PS5 enhanced update that releases next week.

Then I'm fine! Thank you, too, kind goon!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dewgy posted:

You have to buy the Yuffie DLC, it's only the base game upgrade that's free.

Is it on the store? I cant find a preorder

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

blackguy32 posted:

As I understand it, the original Sucker Punch teams split around Infamous 2, and the people that wanted to keep working on Sly went to Sanzaru to make Sly 4.

What I'm getting at is maybe it's best to let the franchise go.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nope, it probably won't go live until the PS5 free upgrade does on the 10th

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Is it on the store? I cant find a preorder

looks like it's not available, and they're just selling the digital deluxe edition with everything?

https://store.playstation.com/en-US/product/UP0082-PPSA01903_00-0291763878924857

also keep in mind y'all if you get the PS5 FF7R, the Yuffie dlc is a download code, $20 otherwise

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

tuo posted:

Then I'm fine! Thank you, too, kind goon!

:sickos: I am really glad! I sympathize with all of the people out there that won't be able to enjoy this DLC. It's a really bad move on Square and Sony's part to make this PS5 and non-PS+ only.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Will the free version even be able to run the dlc? That would sting like hell if i was in that boat. Cant even pay them without first paying them (after already paying as part of ps+ no less)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

Will the free version even be able to run the dlc? That would sting like hell if i was in that boat. Cant even pay them without first paying them (after already paying as part of ps+ no less)

No because the DLC is PS5 only and the free version can't upgrade.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

y'all got a fairly new really good game on PS+ for free quit whining

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

So evil glad im a day 1 sucker

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

writing my congressman

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
PS4 version for free or ps5 version for money seems like a super ultra fair trade off

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I wish I could just buy a Playstation 5. :(

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Why are they charging £70 for the PS5 boxed version when you can just buy the PS4 version plus DLC for far less? poo poo's dumb.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ineffiable posted:

Ff7r on ps4 already got the patch yesterday, so update it and upload your most recent save (only one save is transferred at a time)

UGH

Is there really no way to do this without downloading all of FF7R PS4 again (I got the digital version)

I cleared it off my hard drive because I thought "Oh I'm not going to play it on this console anymore" and I needed to make room for other games because it's 30 GB

Like, if I download the PS4 version on my PS5 am I going to have to completely redownload the PS5 version

Edit: lmao did I say 30 GB I meant 101

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 3, 2021

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Cartridgeblowers posted:

I wish I could just buy a Playstation 5. :(

:smith::respek::smith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bardeh posted:

Why are they charging £70 for the PS5 boxed version when you can just buy the PS4 version plus DLC for far less? poo poo's dumb.

Hoping to get people who don't do any research I guess

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Bardeh posted:

The cheapest I can find it for new is $40. The DLC is $20. So it's $10 more for the straight PS5 version I guess.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

I thought it was most useless since it didn't have any mod slots

It was good in the hardest difficulty because otherwise the rockbreakers or anything corrupted will easily 1-shot you. Having the (regenerating) shield to absorb that first hit was real good at making combat (slightly) less stressful.

Also I think the shield may have been tweaked/changed to the glider tech she has now. Shield was already proven to be unreliable/jammable in frozen wilds, so it’s cool if Aloy takes the tech and adapts it for mobility and travel rather than simply defense.

More importantly, it not being armor anymore means you can entirely focus on fashion Aloy

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rad Valtar posted:

The cheapest I can find it for new is $40. The DLC is $20. So it's $10 more for the straight PS5 version I guess.

£70 is not $70 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

FF7R PS4 regularly goes on sale for $15-20.