Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

My PS5 will go next to my PC that's also hooked up to my TV. I think the PS5 will dwarf the pc though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Dark Souls remake for PS6 launch

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

X marks the spot (to confirm your menu choices)

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m waffling back and forth on what I should secure next. I have a console and a headset, but I haven’t pre-ordered my games yet because I wasn’t sure if it’s the only way to get that cool scythe for Demon’s Souls or the extra suits for Miles.

The $60 camera seems expensive for something I might not ever use, and I can get a second DualSense and a charging cradle for $100. What accessories are you all grabbing? Is the Media Remote worth grabbing if it comes back in stock?

I ordered one of everything apart from the camera. If you already have the ps4 camera is there any reason to pick up the new one? Does it work with PSVR?

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

The more I see the PS5 the more its design grows on me. Cool of them to do a teardown video as well. Have MS done one for the XBOXSX or is that ugly monolith just full of spiders?

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I think I am just a sucker for super simple designs, but I really like the look of the Series X, just not its massive size.

Small form factor PCs have been around for a while, it just looks like a small PC tower

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

demons first
then miles

This

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

If only we were all as cool as Bust Rodd, who has friends and plays assassin's creed while he throws parties, and has a mum AND girlfriend who look like vanillaware characters, if only...

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Do we know yet if you'll be able to download PS4 games to your PS5 via PS Now?

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

I just can't bring myself to care about back compat. I don't have enough time to play all the new games that come out that I'm interested in without throwing replaying old games into the mix as well

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

I definitely noticed the bias towards Microsoft/Xbox in DF's "talk over the PS5 teardown" vid, and it's something that I've noticed in a lot of media in the run up to the new console launches.

Like people talking on podcasts about how they primarily play games on PC but still trying to justify why a new Xbox is the more sensible purchase, or downplaying the fact MS have literally no games coming out with the console and halo has been delayed for who knows how long while jumping all over Sony because miles morales is 'just and expansion and not a full game!' or 'but Sony said their games would be next gen only how dare they release anything on PS4!'

People complaining that the ps classics bundle or whatever it's called is no good because they've played those games on their PS4 when it's clearly meant to entice people who didn't have a PS4 this generation to grab a PS5 and play all those games they missed for the cost of the ps plus sub.

I know last go round there was the polygon bung and their crazy review, seems like something similar is happening behind the scenes again, at least in the media I've paid any attention to.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

I mean, I doubt it matters much because the percentage of buyers that watch DF talk over a teardown vid is pretty low, and I'm sure IGN put out a poll recently that came back like 70-30 in favour of the PS5s over the new xboxes

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Witcher 3 came with a printed manual, a map of the game world and a lore compendium, really nice compared to the usual box with a disc you get these days.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Last go round they were just 2 very similar consoles and MS had made some stupid decisions around kinect and bad messaging, it was pretty funny.

This time MS are going to release a weaker console that could potentially hamstring the new more powerful consoles, and are gobbling up devs/publishers to bolster their netflix style service left right and centre. It feels like their strategy now could actually gently caress things up for everyone.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Crafty posted:

Can't get run over BY the train, if you are ON the train. I just got 3 years of gamepass ultimate (which includes LIVE) for the handsome price of £101.99 in total

That's only £12 more than the £89.99 digital deluxe version of Demons's' Souls''. Only Twelve Pounds ......... Twelve

When Microsoft buy From Software this 3 year foresight of mine will really pay off, oh boy

I subbed to PC gamepass when it was like £4 per month but I'll probably cancel it now the price is doubling. It was cool for trying out some indie games and the occasional bigger game like CK3, but no way would I want it to be the main way I access my library of games.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

UI looks clean and snappy, no ads, I'm happy

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Heavy Metal posted:

Cool to see the book talk here and in the Cyberpunk topic, I'm still looking to read Burning Chrome and Neuromancer before that game is out next month.

You should read Hardwired by Walter Jon Williams, it's a really fun book, one of the first written in the genre

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Played a few hours of Ghost of Tsushima Legends, it's really good! Done the first 3 missions and a round of survival, unlocked some badass robes for my Ronin dude

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Surveillance creep is a very real thing and anyone who says "I've got nothing to hide so they can monitor me" is a moron

If you're not happy with Sony recording you (if that's what's going on, I haven't been following this story) then just don't use their party chat, there's other alternatives out there.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Love the people who still don't realise that Bethesda also incorporates ID and Arkane, two of the best FPS devs in the game and endlessly try to dunk on people about Fallout 76.

All their games that play much better on PC

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

I suck at aiming on a controller in games like TLOU2, I couldn't even begin to imagine the nightmare of trying to do the finger gymnastics needed for doom eternal on a controller while trying to aim using thumbsticks

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

The only good PS4 launch game was Resogun. I think the other options at launch were killzone, knack and asscreed black flag maybe? Those are the games I remember playing early on.

This time we have a Demon's Souls remake, that on it's own is 100x better than what we had last time round. Add in other stuff like new spider-man, sackboy, destruction all stars, the astrobot pack in (the VR game was one of the best games of this gen), bugsnax, plus the ability to play pretty much every PS4 game (I can't wait to play through GoT again at 60 fps, especially with all the multiplayer content they just added), and there's going to be a lot to play at launch.

I'm hype for the PS5

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Ghost multiplayer is already the most fun loot/horde game ive played this year and they havent even released the raid yet.

I'm ready to start doing silver level stuff but I'm forcing myself to finish 13 sentinels before getting sucked down the ghosts MP rabbit hole

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

il serpente cosmico posted:

The One X was pretty good

One X was okay but overpriced, had no software support then was killed off in favour of the series S.

Microsoft have no games so it doesn't matter how good/bad their hardware is and their push towards a Netflix style game subscription model is the only thing they have (and it's bad)

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Nuts and Gum posted:

I'd rather have unassuming than starship ugly.

The series X isn't unassuming though, it's a big ugly block of boringness. It's still huge, if you lay that thing on its side it's gonna look like a desktop PC from the 90s wedged into your entertainment center with a foot on one end because you can't remove the stand.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

univbee posted:

This actually has me curious, since PS5 purchasers are essentially getting 19 PS4 games for free, how many people legitimately wouldn't have a backlog because they'd burned through all those games?

The only game I don't currently own in the PS plus collection is somehow infamous second son.

There's a few in there that I own but haven't played yet - FFXV, days gone, arkham knight and persona 5 I think.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

The Giantbomb dudes have been pretty negative/sceptical on the PS5 so far so hearing them gushing about how good the controller is makes me excited

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Na they've generally been regurgitating Microsoft's buzzwords about gamepass and BC while being down on Sony for stuff like releasing like miles morales on PS4, moaning about Sony making a new controller whereas MS let you carry all your peripherals forward and so on.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Why would a 4K file loaded directly from the SSD be worse than a disc?

You can't currently download movies from anywhere at the same quality you'd get if you played them from a uhd disc as far as I'm aware

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

univbee posted:

Not legally. Actually do any of the digital vendors even let you download an actual 4K copy? All the ones I'm aware of only let you stream at this quality, last I checked.

There are like 60 gig MKV :filez: of everything in HDR10 online, though.

In the UK Sky Q lets you download uhd films to their box I think, it's been a couple of years since I cancelled it though so I may be misremembering.

And yeah, I though cyberpunk had gone gold? Are they having trouble shipping physical copies or something?

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

The point where you pick some small detail and hype it up to ridiculous degrees.

You can only talk about GRAPHICS so much

Sony have been bigging up their controller haptic feedback stuff for months, it's just most of the games media didn't seem to care. Now they have got their hands on the controller I've seen loads of positive stuff about it today

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

eonwe posted:

someone suggest me a good PS4 game for me to watch a lets play of I'd prefer it not be God of War or Persona 5 but i dont care past that

watch this playthrough of the last guardian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib_ayHI7aD0

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Can't think of a better way to start the PS5 freebies on PS Plus!

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Jupiter Jazz posted:

I can't predict what will happen, but after some thinking I'm really not feeling good about PS5 and the genre I'm active the most in: fighting games. Fighting game community events, in the before times, are for the most part weekly. You travel to your local event and bring a set up. A lag free monitor, the game, a stick/controller, and a system. You can fit the system in a back pack. It's nice, easy, and relatively pain free unless you're playing a retro game and have to bring a crt. But for the most part, there's little pain in bringing an FGC set up. PS5 complicates this. Not only are set ups limited due to space, PS5 doesn't even have two USB slots and I don't know a single arcade stick on the market that supports USB-C. While you can bring an adapter, how much extra lag will it create? Now you have to bring an adapter and fit room for a big rear end system that's probably bigger than the monitor itself on limited space.

See how compact the PS4 is? At a fighting game tournament, you're going to have to have at least two PS5's on a single table. No bueno.

Between travel, an adapter, more room to fit the drat thing this isn't looking good for fighting games.

The only reason PS4 was the system of choice for the fgc last gen was because SFV (the main fgc game) was exclusive to it on consoles.

If Xbox has Street Fighter VI while I can't predict anything, it's going to look a looooot more appealing than dragging a PS5 around.

I'm imagining bringing a PS5 to a local event in New York City, on the goddamn subway. No bueno.

Get a big backpack and put the console under the table?

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Not in the UK

:smith:

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Nothing because it's already perfect.

Out of the DS4, the xbone controller and the switch pro controller I'd put the xbone firm last. It just feels cheap and clicky, and the dpad is horrible

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

VideoGames posted:

I can in a way. I can put the money aside and save it for when discless versions come in stock :) If not months, that is fine. I still have my Switch, PS4 and PC with plenty of games to tide me over until Demon Souls. I am not missing out.

Heck I waited a year for outer wilds, outer worlds and borderlands 3 to appear on steam. I can wait for the PS5 too if needs be :)

I've got 2 PS5s on order for delivery on launch day, hit me up if you want one sooner! They are the disc version though.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

I've watched 3 videos since the games media got their hands on the PS5 and they all say that the dualsense is the biggest next-gen upgrade of the new consoles.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Lumpy posted:

So if a certain someone was going to upgrade their 720p plasma TV for the PS5, would this be a good idea? https://www.costco.com/lg-55%22-class---cx-series---4k-uhd-oled-tv---%24100-allstate-protection-plan-bundle-included.product.100657327.html It is the #1 rated gaming TV on rtings, so I imagine it is?

Has anyone had issues with burn-in on their OLED?

Also, I am very excited for the playstation 5.

I've got the 77 inch version, it's an awesome TV for everything from TV shows to movies to games.

I had an older version for almost 5 years and never had any issues with burn in, and that was with having my PC hooked up to it, using it as a monitor. As long as you don't have a new channel ticker running 12 hours a day you shouldn't need to worry about burn in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

screwed again! england goes into lockdown on the 5th :v: