Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ok I realize that I'm kind of confused with how the PS5 will interact with my current display.

I have an Acer Predator Xb1 Xb271hu monitor which does 1440p at 144Hz. Its inputs are HDMI 1.4 and DisplayPort 1.2.

I know that the PS5 does not send out a 1440p signal, and if I plug directly into that HDMI, I will get 1080@60. My questions:

Is monitor-side downscaling a thing? Could I send a 4k@60 signal to my monitor and have it downscale to a 1440p@60 image? Would this be better than sending a 1080p@60 signal and having my monitor upscale it? (This is predicated on whether I can use an HDMI 2.1 -> DP 1.2 converter to go through that port.) Does the PS5 even offer this option or will it see that there's not a 4k display on the other end and just force everything to 1080 without giving me the option? I didn't get a PS4 Pro so I don't know how that handled things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wow this page and a half after my question just makes things sound worse and more all over the place? Maybe I should just hold off

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Anyway I suppose the top reason I want a PS5 right now is to get better PSVR performance for Squadrons lol so this doesn't change much

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Sigh

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I know they have a lot to fix in the game, but I can’t believe you have cybernetic eyes and there’s a minimap instead of AR directions while you’re traveling. The future is dumb.

They have it in the racing quests...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

gently caress I clicked on the link as soon as the sneakerhead twitter posted it and there was still half an hour before queue opening... I see the same thing lol, gently caress everything

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I choose to believe anyone posting about playing PS5 games in this thread committed a crime to get one

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

FuriousGeorge posted:

Leave it up and see what happens. That's what it said for me (on release day) and then it at some point just suddenly jumped to 22 min then 9 and then I was in. :shrug:

Mine went down to 54 minutes and then back up to "more than an hour", time dilation...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

sigh

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Now that I've been sufficiently emotionally and intellectually elevated by the deep narrative of TLOU2, time to indulge in visceral enjoyment from repeated realistic execution animations

Edit: apologies, I realize this is the PS5 thread, comment withdrawn until I am back here to complain about not getting a PS5

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

lol do I even bother having a glimmer of hope I'll be able to get even this stupid gamestop bundle

Edit: lol the answer is no, switching back to "this loving sucks" mode

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 27, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Meridian posted:

Uh there's a queue up on ps direct.

The cycle never ends...

Edit:

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 27, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is there a good twitter account that keeps up with PS5 restocks only?

Or failing that can I filter out non-PS5 posts from accounts I have notifications on

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

gently caress this system

Edit: by this I mean sourcing PS5s

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

TEMPORARILY PLACED IN A WAITING ROOM

Kafkaesque

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

People murdering and robbing people for PS5s... it is true, the world is a cruel and dark place where only the evil and the powerful thrive

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The world is a vampire

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

vaginite posted:

I just got one been lurking this thread forever. I managed to get one in the direct queue using FireFox containers add on, it creates different sessions. Just FYI if anyone is still trying to get one. I've been getting burned by bots for months and finally got fed up with it and decided I was gonna cheat too.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

it is true, the world is a cruel and dark place where only the evil and the powerful thrive

this is going to jokerfy me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

They set the new Joker movie in the midst of the 80s video game crash for a reason.

When this becomes the default playstation thread i wonder how many pages of posts I'll have about not getting one

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/Miexriir/status/1359612370226581505

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Impersonal facelessness and governmentality... sounds like the process to get a PS5

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

lol i just missed the queue entirely today

the world is a vampire

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is there no way to get alerts for this poo poo that don't have me also getting bombarded by a bunch of sneaker poo poo or other products

I mean I guess this isn't even the place to bring it up since you're all "owners"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The world is a vampire

lol at thinking I actually got past the queue when it was just everyone leaving because it was dead

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

the gently caress it passed me through but I was signed out? what the flipping gently caress poo poo

now it's not sending me verification codes and I don't have backup codes

this only loving exists to make me feel like i am going to have an aneurysm on a variable reward schedule, gently caress sony

i legitimately feel ill, like there is a balled up core of dark energy in between my ribs, why did my cell phone service seem to go out right when i needed verification codes (not like it probably would have mattered) but it reinforces how this is a sick and twisted system

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 18, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The world is a loving vampire

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wario64 posted this 15 minutes ago, even with the requirement that you had to be a GameFly member (and them shutting off trial memberships) this was loving gone in the three minutes between putting it in my cart and double-checking my math to see how much I was being gouged

(It came with 9 months of Gamefly which I am doing anyway so whatever, it would have been $535 for the console + Miles)

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1364675431404695555

locusts

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I hate the PS5

Its existence only causes me misery

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

I mean three minutes is like an eternity with something like this

I am being conditioned to instantly be like "Oh yeah a variable amount of hundreds of dollars, need to move with the speed of a High Frequency Trade, don't think just spend"

The world is darkness and pain

Edit:

boz posted:

Direct going up in 5 minutes:

Standard:

https://t.co/DZnyu1ZDXU?amp=1

Digital:

https://t.co/nDSpGmBBg6?amp=1

W64 with the accurate take

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 24, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

All these searing hot takes that I wish I could comment on normally but I still don't own a PS5 so I feel like a trespasser here every time

The world is a vampire

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCmA1uC0r9A

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

DeathSandwich posted:

They are adding stock every 10 minutes or so check again soon.

Two more whiffs, and I am being told by folks the last time they tried Wal-Mart they had their orders autocanceled out of nowhere even when they got through.

In any case why do I even have any hope I will have any luck in an unprotected storefront being attacked by thousands of bots every millisecond, I am a mote of dust in the whirlwhind.

I hate the Sony Corporation. The decision to launch a new console in this Time of Troubles was despicably short-sighted and incredibly stupid, and they should all be punished for it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Approaching one and a half hours of being in a perpetual fight-or-flight stance, "the world is a vampire" is selling this short, might be more accurate to say the world is a stimpire

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Congratulations, 12 waves and I got nothing, see you in the next one

Gamefly is sending out emails saying they are holding stock for subscribers and i fuckin missed the last one because it went to my promotions filter at like 4am so now I have that set to priority, that might be my only hope

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mr. Crow posted:

How are y'all getting ps5s? Been trying to use nowinstock but seems unreliable, anything better or there?

From what I gather it's mainly theft, extortion, hacking, botnets, and possibly murder

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

one neat trick to getting a PS5

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaCXtBUgLgg

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Pre-emptive "The world is a vampire"