Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Japan shoulda bought more ps4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

vote_no posted:

Didnít they add button remapping to the PS4? If they keep that for the PS5, is that really an issue beyond tradition? Or does the implementation suck for some reason?

It doesnt change on screen prompts and will also swap it for all functions not just menu which is dumb. Nobody jumps with circle

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

13 sentinels is really good btw

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It do

Its standatory

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sworderlands 👎

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Even the ps5 one requires a dongle to work on ps5

You're better off that way tho i guess prolly cause using it on pc or switch is plug and play and you arent interfering with the bluetooth that the console uses for other poo poo idk

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 4, 2020

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I edited in the devils advocate thought experiment

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

K, P, S, HS

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I moved my tv aside to make room for the PS5. Looks weird being off center on the stand, but it actually is more centered in the room

Am I gonna have room for horizontal there you think? Will I need to turn my switch sideways? I do like it to face forward because it's signed by Charles Martinet and Patricia Summerset

You need like a sheet of legal paper+ 1 inch in each dimension worth of room

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I think you're going to need to camp out to buy one at a store this year

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Red Warrior posted:

All the 'Xbox super hot' stuff has been refuted by the people whose comments were taken out of context btw.

Both these consoles are going to push a lot of heat out of them though - it's the point of all these giant heat sinks, big fans and designs that channel air through in a particular way. Get the heat away from the internal components. You're going to feel warm air being pushed out of them, you should.

its not an unfair description to say that the console looks like its going to have way more exhaust heat than ps5 tho, claims of overheating/burning people are certainly false.
at the ps5 hands on they were saying the air coming out of ps5 was lukewarm after the play session. meanwhile the metal on a removeable drive in standby mode was hot enough to surprise someone.
its not much of a story so it got exaggerated for sure but im looking forward to heat and power analysis very much after this week.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i hope they make a lot of the bottom cover replacements too and not just the top, though it might be complicated that there are 2 bottom cover shapes so then you get into either needing to pay more for 3 covers to use the right bottom one, or having 2 sku's on shelves of replacement covers for each model and potentially seeing one console outsell the other variant and the covers for your variant being harder to find etc who cares tho there will be plenty of black ones

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Iacen posted:

Wood paneling for that Atari 2600 look

drat yeah.

i want mine textured like a corn cob with butter

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

I don't play games on the switch if I can avoid it because there are no achievements/trophies

I should get a trophy for putting up with the lovely joycons

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Seems like it would be fine sitting down and probably needs the covers on to cool properly via the front/rear vent airflow channels theyve made for the fan

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Think im passing on godfall for sure now that they said its always online but not a service game (wtf?)

So its all downside but without the long content drip that makes it worth while, AND the game play looks bad vs demon souls/dmc5se???

No thanks randy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its probably in a capsule thats filled enough so that it provides coverage in any orientation

Vs like half full so it all runs to the bottom when verticle. That would be bad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i mean, what's to stop it? WHAT'S TO STOP IT?

Posting and prayer

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

That was what the patent said afaik.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Software company

vs
Hardware company

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If it is especially cool it it should mean they can get more power out of the system so maybe they see expensive cooling as cheaper alternative to more compute units etc

Edit: i asked smart people and they said no lol.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 8, 2020

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I see a storage locker full of trash vs a concept car engine block

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lobok posted:

I'm cool with not knowing what the UI is like until I'm looking at it on my TV.

They probably have to reveal their new creator tools since streaming from ps4 is big for them and they want people to upgrade.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

The one constant that Iíve discovered about YouTube is that long lovely talky videos always beat focused, professional videos in their rankings. There must be some kind of relationship between the YouTube management and the people who make the long lovely ones that makes those end up on top, but I donít know what it is.

Basically I only watch YouTube when someone links me something I donít just browse it in my free time. I guess that means Iím not hip to the cool kids stuff.

I feel like Very few people watch youtube to actually pay attention to it, they just want something long so they dont have to look back at the screen a lot and hunt for something else when the friendly voice stops talking to them

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Linux Nazi posted:

What is the best way (if any) to get updates on stock for the console? I managed to grab an XBox Series X pre-order from costco this morning by following @Wario64 on twitter, but I'm far more interested in grabbing a PS5, I need some Demon's Souls remake.

wario tweets the links faster than anybody i know of. but even pouncing on it you are fighting for the scraps that the bots left behind. he's been posting links that you can't get to from searching on the store sites yet. i got my ps5de order in to amazon from one of his links. dunno if it will come on time but at least i know someone will eventually be sending me one.
retailers really need to institute a lottery or something to cut out the underhanded buyers that find the hidden store links and hit them before anyone else can idk.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Maybe the shadow complex rights holder could be guilted into a reremaster

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I want shadow tower remakes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

il serpente cosmico posted:

I'm happy I've held off on Spiderman and GoT, since Spiderman is getting a 60fps remaster and GoT is going to run at 60 in backcompat. I've also held off on Ni-Oh, which has an unlocked high resolution mode that should also run at 60fps.

I am holding out hope for an unlocked Bloodborne mode. Plz do this FROM! They won't

Japan studio probably could if they wanted i guess

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fix posted:

Reminder that if you have a wishlist on the playstation store site that they're updating the page in a week or so and that wishlists are going away as part of the update.

They're going to make a new one thats actuslly on the console to replace it iirc maybe speculation idr

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Same

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Is resident Evil biohazard just a remaster if the GameCube remake?

Its 7

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

morestuff posted:

Yeah, it's a nice bonus for people signing on for the new system, but I think the people trying to pitch it as some competitor with the Gamepass are going to be disappointed

those 15 odd games are all better than every game on gamepass by themselves

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its to entice fed up xbox guys and new players to catch up on 8th gen ps games more likely than a scheme to retain players who already have a ps4 library to keep them loyal to the brand

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

demons first
then miles

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I thought fo4 was bad until i played outer worlds

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im playing the ps4 yakuza idc.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I hope vII_I_age is good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xbox has been on a very fast cycle of new machines just save for pc and be good for way longer before fomo sets in about your obsolete box.

Especially when they launched and killed the one x in like 32 months and failed to release games that used its power in that time and all their first party games for this gen seem years away again.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pcs do hdr just not the fake bc version ms cooked up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah they ended production in like may