Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

ethanol posted:

bestbuy is slowly adding orders. I just got an order in for pickup on monday. !!

Thanks for the heads up. I'm staring at the store page now waiting for them to release more stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

ethanol posted:

there was alittle popup box that said please wait we are stocking etc, the add to cart button will turn yellow when you can place your order. smashed the button, had to do an email verfication which took about 1 minute and felt like eternity.

Got the same message. Waited, button turned yellow, hit it. Nothing. Reloaded the page and now it just says sold out.

gently caress.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Had it in my cart on bestbuy, every time I went to check out it asked me to verify my email despite already having done it. Took too long, got removed from my cart. This process is an absolute pain in the rear end.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I'm giving up on Best Buy. Seems like it was possible to get one for a while but, of course, was made extremely difficult by lovely web apps.

Guess I'm hoping for Walmart.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Dom is Here posted:

looking forward to getting owned via Walmart.com checkout interface in under an hour!!

:yeah:

at least we'll all be able to commiserate together.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

lol the whole loving site is crashing

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I don't know why they even bother marketing stuff like this. Literally the only chance you have of getting a console with waves of stock like this is if you're sitting on your computer F5'ing over and over and as we can see that doesn't even work most of the time. We've got to figure out a way to move past the poo poo where new stuff sells out within seconds.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Yep, it's saying come back at 3pm now.

Sale goes live for 2 minutes, website crashes, website comes back and all stock is gone. Classic.

Well hopefully the random scalper in buttfuck Kansas enjoys his 20 new PS5s

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

bradzilla posted:

Lol is this you guys first time attempting to buy a console on launch day? None of this is new, this happens literally every console launch. It is always a shitshow trying to get one.

Having in-store inventory used to be one small protection against bots.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

It's just bizarre to me that a single product going live crashed an international mega-corporation's entire website and there probably isn't a single person going "huh, maybe we need to change how we do things"

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

FWIW I called my local Target today and was told that, while they can't sell any stock in-store today, they can tomorrow. Whether or not they'll get more stock that hasn't been claimed is obviously a crap-shoot, but it was a different message than the "zero in-store stock" that Sony has been saying.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Almost made it to payment information this time before it got ripped out of my cart.

It would be cool if they would at least reserve for a few minutes if you are trying to put your info in.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Well I'm going to just put my faith in goon wisdom and leave this PSDirect window open indefinitely.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Rusty posted:

the pack in game

Astro has a name you monster.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I picked up Miles Morales on ps4. Maybe if I squint I can pretend there's ray-tracing.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Got all the way to "place order" this time before being told it was out of stock. drat, really lets you start to hope.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Yeah I wasn't willing to stand in a covid line in freezing weather to maybe get one of the 12 ps5s the employees hadn't claimed.

gently caress this process sucks.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Ah the old "having no morals is my personality" approach to life.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Soy Division posted:

Sony Direct is 'down for maintenance' in one browser but loads fine in another...odd

Nothing to get excited about. The site is just getting DDOSed by bots atm.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

It's actually a good thing they didn't drop at 3 today because the Playstation Direct site is nearly as unusable now as Walmart was yesterday. I can't even get my cart to load.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I think this is a bug bc I'm watching the nowinstock chat and it looks like everyone's queues got bumped up to over an hour.

edit: And yah it looks like a few people have bypassed the queue and it's still showing OOS.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

How do you bypass the queue?

I think in this case it's just the site being buggy so like some people could still get on on their phones.

Others have said if you stop the page loading fast enough you can get past it, or leaving the page open. Who knows if that will work today though.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

People are saying the "check back 11/13" message is gone from the page now. So either they don't actually have stock after all or they're prepping for a new wave.

Either way, I doubt anyone who is currently in this hour+ queue is going to be leaving so I'm not particularly hopeful even if they do end up having some.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

vaginite posted:

How realtime is popfindr? It says the target near me has some in stock but I'm pretty doubtful and the number hasn't changed in awhile.

It's fairly accurate but I think if you are honest with yourself you know there's zero chance in-store PS5s have made it through the day.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Oh my god the queue message updated.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Kreeblah posted:

Welp, that was fast. It went up on Playstation Direct, and their site kept loving up while I was checking out. And now it's out of stock again.

Awesome. Meanwhile I'm still just staring at the queue page.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Dressed For Chess posted:

Holy gently caress, got one from Direct. Can’t believe it.

Did you have to bypass the queue to do it?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

They put everyone into a broken queue page (there was css showing it was literally just a static image) and the only people who managed to get a PS5 were people that were able to break the broken page.

It would be funny if it weren't so draining.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I think I'm going to get off the computer so some of you nice folks can get PS5s. It seems to be the only time they go on sale.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Lmao at this miles morales voice actor sounds like hes 10 years old

Spiderman is in a weird place as a character when he's not an adult. He's either nerdy kid or smarmy young adult, there's never really a spiderman that really makes any sense as, like, a 17 year old.

But yeah at the same time he has to have the body type of an Olympic gymnast so it's a weird disconnect.

Semi-related but I do think it's a little weird that Spiderman as a character gets more and more away from the "nerdy" character aspects with each rendition. I mean Miles is cool to an unrealistic level for a child.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Popete posted:

Do we know if Sony Direct is selling today? I've been checking for awhile and there is still no queue.

Nah I don't think anyone knows for sure... but on the plus side if it does randomly drop you'll have a better shot at it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

i think the big setpieces in this one are better and there are more cooler combat animations. seems more difficult though, or at least they ramp up the difficulty quicker assuming you've played the first

It does seem a bit more difficult, yeah, but I feel like they had to balance around adding a bunch of new stuff to Peter's already pretty OP kit. If you're using gadgets, venom, and invisibility whenever possible it's pretty much a cakewalk.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Miles doesn't quip enough imo.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

CottonWolf posted:

Wait wait wait. Surely 12:00 AM is noon? Have I been getting this wrong my entire life? I thought 12:00 PM was midnight?

In conclusion, 24-hour clock is better.

Lol

Yeah 12:00AM is midnight, 12:00PM is noon.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Even when Spider-Man does use a door he tends to just rip it off the hinges rather than use the doorknob.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

It'd be sick if Sony would bother to communicate even the tiniest bit about their PSDirect release plans. I realize trying to coordinate selling and shipping a billion consoles is difficult, so I don't expect specific times. Even just a "we're done until black friday/stock will be rolled out daily/stock will be rolled out periodically" would be better than absolute radio silence.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

gently caress, I looked up and there was a queue but I guess it started 4 minutes ago so I'm totally hosed.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Just fyi the 1 hour thing isn't real. Nobody who's been getting the 1 hour message has actually been in queue for an hour.

You're either lucky and it goes straight from 1 hour to like 10 minutes, or you're unlucky and you don't get poo poo.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

CaptainCrunch posted:

So if one is in the queue and they sell out, do they end the queue?

Or is it like a job interview where they leave you hanging until you realize you've been ghosted.

They might not, but someone will post it in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Nowinstock shows out of stock again. Welp, another day another missed bus. Guess I'll see you all again tomorrow.