Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Where's the PS6 thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Imagine playing Doom games.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yodobashi, one of the biggest electronics retailers in Japan, ended their first pre-order lottery. For the normal version it was 40x their initial stock and for the diskless version it was 90x (If I'm understanding how this reporting works properly).

I guess even in Japan, most people have decided they don't need optical discs.

If there are 3 times as many disk versions being produced as diskless, then that would mean 120 - 90 which seems about right.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Got some bad news for you, bud. Insane people never realize they are already insane...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That makes sense. Gamestop has cancer and will be gone soon. They are trying to survive by lopping off another 10% of the cancer, but since GS is the cancer itself, it won't work.

Good.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Not only does DS need an easy mode, it needs a no invasions mode.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm guessing there will be vented top covers so it cools better when lying down. It pretty clearly is meant to stand up, which sucks for nearly everyone with a sane entertainment system.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Bust Rodd posted:

I was usually the one throwing the party because I was the only person I knew in my 20’s who didn’t still live with their parents. I had a ton of friends come down off bad trips by curling up on the couch and watch someone body a few Collossi or just let the spunions mess around with AssCreed parkour.

“Video Games are for losers” is basically an attitude I actually only see here on SA from extremely online types. They’ve been extremely mainstream for like over a decade now. Goons just never evolved out of making GBS threads on popular things for no reason, I guess?

Throwing parties? Check.
Ton of friends? Check.
Video Games are cool? Check.
making GBS threads on Goons? Check.

What we have here is someone in the throes of a complete dissociative episode.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How do you make bread out of fried noodles?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ico is better than SotC and TLG combined.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

John F Bennett posted:

Why is this thread so obsessed with Bugsnax? Is this an inside joke I missed? Surely you guys are joking, right?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Free Bugsnax has taken me from, "maybe I will just sell this thing and make 2x what I paid," to BUGSNAX!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Lumpy posted:

Maybe I am having none and that's throwing me off? :iiam: Is it correct that plasma TVs have as close to zero as possible, or am I a crazy person.

Crazy person. Plasmas have terrible input lag.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

hadji murad posted:

I went to Yodobashi Camera in Ueno today and they had a few peripherals in DVD cases with the sale date of November 12th and nothing whatsoever about the sale of the systems. I don’t care when I get one I just want to put the money down and get on a list instead of checking sites that won’t update 30 times a day to preorder.

Launch day at Yodobashi seems like it would be awful. The place is already super crazy but yikes for trying to get it on release.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Sloth Socks posted:

So for those of us who are doom-spiraling and thinking about investing in this expensive and unproven console as form of consoling yet spiritually-debasing materialism, what's the best tact for getting in a pre-order? Anyone have any luck in the last week with any specific retailers. Or is this now a matter of trying to walk in and buy one on day one from Target.

You will need a time machine to go back to September for a pre-order. You might be able to get one of the very few that are available day of release. But pre-orders are gone and have been for some time.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dewgy posted:

I didn’t, that was from DigitalFoundry’s MM review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGTNTpuJspo

Jump to 1:40 for the boot timer.

These graphics are bonkers. And this is a launch title. Can't wait for GoW2.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Can we make a thread for the Sony PS5 so this can continue being the update the forums about our PS5 pre-orders or lack of?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So...based on the xbox/target it looks like 1:30 am your stores time is about when they will go up Weds nite/Thurs morning. Assuming things stay consistent.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
God drat this thread is going to be 1000000000% better in a week.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Thundercracker posted:

Man, I'm really enjoying this Bug Souls we got this month for PS+. Any random tips? I'm just exploring until I get stuck and then using a guide to tell me where to go next.

Just keep exploring until you find a dead end or see you can't progress further because you can't make a jump or something. Then go try a new direction. The early part of the game basically forces you to fight the first boss. Every other way is cut off until you do. Once you get him down it will open up a little more and give you a skill that will enable you to pass another spot that you probably saw earlier. Then go that way until you get to a boss. Save as close as you can and keep at it until you get that boss down.

Once you'd got the first two bosses down, the game opens up a tad bit more, though it still funnels you towards a certain spot. But after boss #2, just take the attitude of explore until you find a boss and save nearby and plug at the boss until you get him. And if you can't, then go a different direction until you find a different boss and do the same thing.

Game is awesome.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Soysaucebeast posted:

I have four timers set and I STILL doubt I'll get one.

Walmart checkout is faster on your phone. Fewer clicks.
So, have you info saved already and just refresh the page like 5 mins before and keep doing so until you see it live.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I can just pull out the PS4 and replace it with the PS5, right? Same power cable? HDMI/ethernet are obviously the same.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Baggot posted:

Yes, but you may want to power both up so you can transfer your data from PS4 to PS5. This will be part of the normal PS5 setup process.

Good idea. I should clean poo poo off the PS4 first, I think.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

morestuff posted:

The HDMI cable will also be a 2.1 cord, so you might want to keep it around if you're planning on upgrading your tv any time soon

4k60, 18 gbps are the keys to look for for a cord. 2.1 doesn't really mean anything. You can get something that is 2.1 that does only 10 gbps and that won't do what you need it to do.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Doctor posted:

God I wish I had managed to get a pre-order in. Instead I am gonna be F5ing tomorrow like a GOOF.

I did manage to put my name down on a list at my local EB here in Canada, they said they'd call when they have one available. I guess we shall see.

You might want to start tonight. It's likely Target in store pickups will go up sometime store closing and 2am. BB is the same.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Doctor posted:

Welp, looks like I'll be up tonight then. Anyone know if this is what happened with the Xbox X?

Xbox went up at 1:30 am or so local time, early morning of release on Target.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Thinking 'bout bugsnax.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

FallenGod posted:

Why put a queue on your site if you won't go live until after everyone is out of the queue :thunk:

What's this then?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I said come in! posted:

possibly close to what PS5 sold.

No way. PS5 is going to destroy the bonerx just as badly as the PS4 killed the bone. The switch will probably outsell the bonerx from this point forward, just as it outsold the bone even though it came out 4 years later.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Target: had it in my cart within a minute of it going live...couldn't check out.
Direct: had it in my cart, entered CC info, hit the final button: OOS.

lol. Glad I'm just trying to help a friend and mine is coming on Friday. I'd be losing my mind right now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm having a hard time believing the 500 or so that were available within 25 miles at various targets were all gone within a couple minutes.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I see that 3 and 8 are gone from popfindr from my two closest stores.

That could mean that only those have been taken off the shelves and put into the hold area. But that seems a bit iffy. Popfindr could be off, too and there were actually only 11 combined between the two stores. If the numbers were 20% and there were actually only 100 or so, I could see that being how they sold so fast.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I feel like Target is going to release them in waves. Either popfindr is completely wrong, but is still showing stock changing, though nothing in the past 30 mins, or popfindr is correct and there are still the majority of them in stock. I'm leaning towards the latter because it wouldn't make sense for it to show, for instance, 40 in stock before they went live, and then 30 afterward. It is pulling data from Target somehow, it wouldn't make sense for it to be wrong but still show so much stock.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

grieving for Gandalf posted:

that's what helped you, yeah. I think it was specifically their payment stuff locking up, I'm sure the RED card zips right past that

Nope. I used my red card and mashed until it just removed it from my cart.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Most target stores now say temporarily oos. That's changed in the last 30 minutes. Some say unavailable.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So loving aggravating.

E: oh...looks like it actually went though. So they are releasing them in batches. popfindr dropped again, but still a lot available.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Nov 12, 2020

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

grieving for Gandalf posted:

lol they're actually gone this time, checked popfindr. what garbage

My popfindr area only dropped by about 1/3.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Oddly, the order I placed is not showing up in my orders, even though I got an email. I ordered a game, too, and got that showing up in both places. I did that right after from a different store.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Finster Dexter posted:

That's on target?

yes

Also, check your emails. I got it kicked out of my cart and no confirmation on the site. But I did get a confirmation email. There site is screwy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Target appears to be going in waves. Sucks, but waiting for another 90 mins might be productive.