Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I preordered for early 2021 shipment which is probably better than first wave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think the new face looks good

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Turn on your screen!!!
thanks!!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is it just me or did the wording in the order make it sound like they might actually be in the launch batch?
If you pay for it, yeah

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That is a chunky heat sink

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shirkelton posted:

That teardown video already has four million views, what the gently caress, lol.
It was interesting

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

What the gently caress is this? I ordered from eb games Australia right as they went live.

owned

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vikar Jerome posted:

so uhh another game set for launch is observer system redux, which is a overall/expanded/upgraded version of the ps4 game observer starring rutger hauer. the ps5 version looks preetty sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1DzSPoGwnc

i only found out about this because right now, i went looking for the ps4 version because i always wanted to try it out and now i got the cash and lol, the physical edition was only ever released via limited run and thus that copy is on ebay for 130 odd quid so i decided to get the psn version instead only to discover... they loving delisted it completely. i read some posts that you could only buy it with layers of fear as a bundle but now i cant even find that bundle. :negative: guess they delisted to improve the game for the ps5.
This game is good!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Heavy Metal posted:

MGS2 mullet.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What other good games are only on the PS3? I know Heavenly Sword

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Warhawk/Starhawk
Metal Gear Rising
MGS4
Fat Princess
Tokyo Jungle
Resistance 3
Killzone 2
Motorstorm series
Twisted Metal
Noby Noby Boy
ICO remastered
3D Dot Game Heroes
Folklore

H A Z E
Cheers

I have a ebay bid on Folklore atm, it's getting expensive

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
sucks for you, most ps3 games are going for incredibly cheap right now

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I know they said we can play PS4 dics on the PS5 but have they said anything about PS4 digital purchases being playable on PS5? Need to know whether I have to play all these digital games before I trade this thing in

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
haptic feedback controller is actually sounding like a good reason to get a ps5 over the xbox

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jupiter Jazz posted:

What in the gently caress is Sony thinking making PS5 so big? I figured it looked big just in pictures but then I saw a tweet comparing the size of the original Xbox (which sits in my closet and is MASSIVE) and the ps5 is shockingly bigger than it. What the gently caress. How will this go over with the Japanese market? Has Sony given up on the Japanese market?
cooling

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jupiter Jazz posted:

I can't predict what will happen, but after some thinking I'm really not feeling good about PS5 and the genre I'm active the most in: fighting games. Fighting game community events, in the before times, are for the most part weekly. You travel to your local event and bring a set up. A lag free monitor, the game, a stick/controller, and a system. You can fit the system in a back pack. It's nice, easy, and relatively pain free unless you're playing a retro game and have to bring a crt. But for the most part, there's little pain in bringing an FGC set up. PS5 complicates this. Not only are set ups limited due to space, PS5 doesn't even have two USB slots and I don't know a single arcade stick on the market that supports USB-C. While you can bring an adapter, how much extra lag will it create? Now you have to bring an adapter and fit room for a big rear end system that's probably bigger than the monitor itself on limited space.

See how compact the PS4 is? At a fighting game tournament, you're going to have to have at least two PS5's on a single table. No bueno.

Between travel, an adapter, more room to fit the drat thing this isn't looking good for fighting games.

The only reason PS4 was the system of choice for the fgc last gen was because SFV (the main fgc game) was exclusive to it on consoles.

If Xbox has Street Fighter VI while I can't predict anything, it's going to look a looooot more appealing than dragging a PS5 around.

I'm imagining bringing a PS5 to a local event in New York City, on the goddamn subway. No bueno.
this is dumb

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Traded in my PS4 slim and some games, got $370 towards my preorder

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rinkles posted:

wow, how many games?
6, the double trade bonus as EB put in work

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

caldrax posted:

*cradles my ps5 controller for comfort* you'll never vote against your self interest, will you dualsense?
it's interest is capitalism, so no it wouldn't

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

VideoGames posted:

Holy moly a decent living room setup! (Apart from the chair on the right. It seems like a weird place to put a chair.)
Well it's a fine place for a chair during a party

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JordanKai posted:

That's the chair of shame where you have to sit if you die in a game and pass the controller.
this is also a reasonable excuse for chair location

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I hope EB gets more PS5's or enough people can't pay for their preorder that my preorder get's moved forward from the vague "2021 shipment"

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

henpod posted:

I'm really annoyed that I made the adult choice to not pre-order, because money was tight and we needed to pay for medical stuff. Now, things are better I can't find one of these fuckers. Enjoy your big fat consoles, nerds.
You made the right choice at the time!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Papes posted:

Please don’t give money to Walmart
capitalism, no ethical consumption etc'

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

whoa...weird, I just got a successful order notification from kohls...AFTER the cancelled notification.

probably was just delayed notification....but I'm not exactly sure what to believe now.
You could always call them and check

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sure you can't really hear the PS5 if you are actually listening to whatever it is playing

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ausgoons

JB Hi-Fi seems to have Charging Docks instock if anyone else is after one.
would love a PS5

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know what people are talking about, Cyberpunk looks perfect

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Those aren't bugs, it's just what the future is like

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

good

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Firstborn posted:

I'm not sure dude. He just kept loving winking at me like James Franco, idk if it was like "you caught me" but he seemed like... thinking about maybe he was trying to imply the other guy tried to take it? It's clear he didn't know what was happening, but the way this dude was like...

"oh yeah I know what happened *wink*"

Like tf?
meth

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Firstborn posted:

Not true! Dreamcast apparently had no loving security. I had a ton of burnt CDs that worked juuuust fine on Dreamcast, including some fan-made collections and stuff that never came out. For example, I had 3rd Strike, MvC2, and another fighter I can't remember ( I want to say CvS2, but probably not ) on the same disc.

You could burn a game on a blank lovely disc and just throw it in the DC and it would work.

Similar stuff on PSX with the "boot disc" situation, especially the original PSX with the lid. There was a little trick to jam a thing in the hinge and leave the lid open so you can put in a boot disc, then whatever game you wanted. I had a ton of DBZ games that only came out in Japan, etc.

E: I'm sorry I guess the analogue falls apart because I didn't download it on the DC browser. :(
You could do that but it does stress the gently caress out of the optical drive and they had high failure rates

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Anyway I bought a optical drive simulator for my DC and have the whole DC library on a SD card whatuupppp

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Closet Of Shame™

i always appreciate criterions

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I would very much like a big Millennium Falcon

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also looks like you are missing the murder ball

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Firstborn posted:

Hey guys, what PS5 stuff you looking forward to Q1-Q2 2021 that's been confirmed?

I missed Disco Elysium and Control, so those are at the top of my list, but I'd love to add some more from you gentle goons

I'm not sure what the next big hype ps5 game is
Actually being able to buy a PS5

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cvnvcnv posted:

I've had a flawless PS5 experience since release day.

Digital console because discs are trouble, no external storage because I don't need to horde installs, instead of sleep mode I turn the console off and then on again later because turning devices off and on again isn't just how you fix problems it's how you avoid them, and I'm delicate with my controllers and peripherals.

I wonder if there's something to it. :thunk:
cool

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How does Desperadoes 3 run on the PS4? It's at my LGS for $10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So much for sending out those $2000 $1400 checks