Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

wat is that tv, looks wacko small

Unless I'm massively mistaken, that's a 34 inch TV, so yeah, they took almost the smallest TV possible as a reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

goblin week posted:

I'm gonna put it in the floor and pray daily that my rabbit doesn't do stupid poo poo to it

I'm suddenly very interested in how having a rabbit in your house works. Do they know where to poop, do you feel like they enjoy your company.
Sorry for the derail.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
Hmm there's a pretty decent deal in my area where they'll give me a voucher for €150 if I return my console today. I have a PC so it's not a huge deal to go without a console for a few months, but off course they cannot tell me when their next batch of consoles will arrive.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

doingitwrong posted:

1 this is awesome.
2 it is hilarious that after all the marketing about 60FPS, part of what makes this so great is lowering Miles' frame rate.

The movie Into the spiderverse did something very similar. If I recall correctly Miles Morales spiderman was animated at half the fps of Peter Parker spiderman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PiYGLR3Wv8

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
For the people who have played demon souls original, do you think it will hold up for those of us who have mostly played the later from software games? Will gameplay level/encounter design still be good, or will it be slightly outdated by bloodborne et al.?

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

repiv posted:

also

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1326161254004699137

web browsers are a huge attack surface and the ps4 one was used as a jailbreak vector several times, so i guess they decided it's not worth it

This is terrible news for that one goon that used his ps4 to browse and post on the forums

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Hey guys just checking in is the PS5 good and worth getting and is getting the all-digital version a better use of money since I'll be able to expand it later on so I might as well use the extra hundred bucks on a second controller+game thanks in advance.

I buy all my disc games second hand and sell them for the same price I bought them. No digital for me.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
I'm in Belgium and I put myself on a waiting list for a big retailer back in september. They contacted me 2 months later to ask if I wanted the disc version or not, and last thing I heard from them was an email in december that told me not to expect a ps5 in 2020.

EDIT: this is belgium btw.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
I bought the digital version of control for the ps4 a while ago, never got any of the expansion packs. Would my save transfer on to the ultimate edition when I get it for free on a ps5?

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Cyberpunk is going to be really good in 3 years, just like Witcher 3 after its nightmarish first 3 years.

The witcher 3 was a pretty good game out of the box. Meanwhile Cyberpunk is still so hosed up that 4 months after it was released you still can't buy it on a playstation. And from what I've heard from reviewers and friends who have played it, even if it ran flawless it would still be a mediocre game.

EDIT: My ps5 finally arrived, time to play some upgraded ps4 games.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Fix posted:

I have been binging Sushi Ghost this week and recommend it entirely, even if it hasn't had the full upgrade experience and doesn't Dualsense every sword draw.

It took my a while to figure out which game you were talking about, but yeah, once i'm done with some of my current big games i'm definitely getting that. I just started playing Sekiro though, so I'll probably avoid Japan for a while.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/28/playstation-plus-games-for-may-battlefield-v-stranded-deep-wreckfest-drive-hard-die-last/

Battlefield V, Wreckfest, Stranded deep

How is the battlefield V single player? I kinda enjoyed the WW1 game as a free SP shooter.
Never paid attention to the other two games, any good?

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Lmao I just remembered the origin of 12 hour Bloodborne. They really never posted in the SONY thread ever again ha ha ha

Care to elaborate for those of us not in on the joke?

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

-10$ upgrade if you have the base game and the DLC

-free upgrade if you own the GOTY edition

oh its fake cos this is stupid as gently caress.

then again... :negative:

This seems low, especially if they adjusted some areas and added 3 main hand weapons.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

BisterdDave posted:

I have no idea what cumtown is or what is happening with bust rodd, and I will gladly remain ignorant.

What games are ya'll getting from this PSN summer sale?

Finished my souls collection with Demon's souls and the first Dark souls game, Phalanx is down already

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

!Klams posted:

So what's the next big "Very Next Gen" game coming out that I can look forward to?

Ratchet and Clank is fine, but I feel like I wouldn't have picked it up if there was a bigger catalogue.

Elden ring is january 2022. It's cross-gen though.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

acksplode posted:

There's a lot of DS1 callbacks in DS3. There's one in particular that made my jaw drop, it's a great moment

Which are hou stalking about? I'm currently playing DS1 for the first time.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

I went BB and then DS1-3-2 and had a great time with all of them but I know some have had trouble going back to DS1 after later games. I also think 1-2-3 will work really well for anyone who decides to do it that way. You can’t lose!!!!

I played DeS after all their other games with the exception of dark souls and while i really enjoyed the game, almost every boss fight was super easy. Ironically the only one i struggled with was dragon god. Everything else died in 4 attempts or less.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
Hitman 2 season pass is on sale for the ps4. Does anyone know if it will unlock in hitman 3 on the ps5?

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

tuo posted:

Where‘s the lion with sword? Sounds like something I want to kill.

There is also one in Redmane castle but beware he brings a friend

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

It was never rumoured to be aztec themed, that was this thread correctly saying "an aztec bloodborne souls game would own"

The rumour is theres a FROM ps5 exclusive coming that may have the code name velvet veil and also bloodborne2 with bluepoint doing the graphics.

First we'll get Elden Ring DLC, given how insanely well it's sold. From makes some of the best DLC content there is in the business, so I'm already excited.
Then I'm speculating a Bloodbourne next-gen upgrade and PC release. Not a Demon's souls-like rebuilding from the ground up, more like making sure it runs at 60 fps and improving the textures, like with Dark Souls.

Then surely their next full game is going to be that mecha souls game that had blurry screenshot leaked?

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Barudak posted:

Demon's Souls on PS5 looks really, really nice but its also still Demon's Souls. Nice to have it load so fast, though, thats for darn tootin.

Im feeling confident on my power ranking of these games now, though, having played all of them in the last 3 months.

Dark Souls
Elden Ring
Dark Souls 2
Sekiro
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne

I can't decide if this list is going from worst to best or vice versa.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Elden ring > Sekiro > demons souls = bloodborne = dark souls 2 > dark souls 3 > dark souls is how I currently rank.

That middle three jumble around a lot in my mind. Some days it is one more than the other and the next day a different on is in the lead.

I'm genuinely curious what makes you rank Dark Souls so low.
For me it's probably Dark Souls 2 < Demon's souls < Dark Souls 3 < Dark Souls < Sekiro < Elden Ring < Bloodborne, but honestly most of those are interchangeable, except for ranking DS2 as the lowest.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
I had a poo poo day today so I caved and upgraded my ps plus essential to extra. There were quite a few games that I would like to play and hadn't gotten round to yet that made it seem worth it to me.

Returnal, ghosts of tsushima, miles morales, death stranding and Guardians of the galaxy are coming up.

I'm pretty bad at returnal it turns out.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

JollyBoyJohn posted:

There is a very strong anti capitalist vibe in this thread that gets pushed to the side occasionally as and when it suits

Welcome to SA

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

univbee posted:

Finally, I can hide my PS5 from enemy combatants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0qDTET_tvY

Ah, the model for when Putin is making eyes on your country.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

anybody got a good source for deals on 1 year of ps+ normal?

They typically have a pretty decent deal in december I think, that's when I usually extend my ps+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
Finished returnal recently, playing Ghosts of Tsushima and just started Yakuza: Like a dragon.

PS+ extra remains good (for me).