Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Whattup ps5 thread?

Finally managed to snag me a ps5!
Just gave in and bought it on ebay cuz I'm tired of trying to beat loving bots :shrug:

My stupid rear end should've pre-ordered when I had the opportunity, but covid kinda hosed up my cash flow for a while, so it was hard to justify dropping $500+ on a console when I had no income.

Anyway, I'm pumped af to finally get in on the next gen and see what the hype is all about!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

what's up yo, welcome to the land of no games, it's a pleasant place full of chill vibes

Perfect! In it for the vibes anyway.

Have a few cross-platform games already, so that should keep me satisfied for a bit. On that subject, been playing a lot of Chiv 2 on ps4, can't find any info about cross-platform/generation progress between ps4/5. I'd prefer to not have to unlock everything a second time around if possible. Anyone know anything about that?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Baggot posted:

Welcome! I'm curious, how much are they going for on eBay?

Got a disc version for $750 + shipping and tax.

Kinda foolish, but whatever. I can afford it now. I luckily had $90 just chilling in my PayPal account I completely forgot about, so got it for less than $800 total essentially.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Spacebump posted:

I can’t remember the last time a regular edition disc game came packed with so much stuff.

They had to compensate for the completely broken and unfinished game. It easily needed another year in development

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Y'all, my ps5 shows up tomorrow!! Pumped af!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Finally got it!

Downloading some games right now. Excited af!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

BitBasher posted:

Congrats! I'm jealous! Scalpers are under 900 last I looked, I'm trying to hold out and find one at retail.

Yeah I just gave up and bought one from a scalper on ebay. After months of trying and getting ridiculously close like only 2 times I said gently caress it. As long as I don't need to make a warranty claim I'm ok with it. I obviously would have preferred retail, but I had the money to burn on it. Just need to transfer my ps4 stuff over when my friend wakes up from a nap and I can use my ps4 to transfer the relevant saves and such.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Agreed, also it's too tall to stand vertically in my tv stand. It's amazing how whisper quiet it is coming from a ps4 pro. Almost wanna re-download God of War just to see how loud it gets at the map screen.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Twibbit posted:

I like that yellow.

Thanks! Bought a tv stand on wayfair recently. It looks nice, but feels kinda flimsy and would probably survive 1 move with it. Here hoping I don't have to move any time soon.

veni veni veni posted:

For a second I thought that red ethernet cable was you scribbling out your PS4 with MS paint

Lol. Ps4 has been relegated to bedroom duty now and will replace my pstv for remote play. Those things still going for insane sums of money? I hacked mine, but realized I don't care enough to deal with emulation and all that poo poo to bother.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Holy poo poo! I just realized I can set global control defaults. Finally I won't have to automatically set the y-axis to inverted on every drat game.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Wow cyberpunk is almost borderline playable on here. On pro I had to treat the game like a follow the speed limit, walking simulator cuz I'd rapidly outrun the ability of the console to stream assets in. Sometimes even full-on models wouldn't even be loaded yet, so I'd fall through the street or get locked in a gated area and have to reload a save. I almost want to go back and start a fresh game and experience it all over again. I'm like 60hrs in though :negative:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
drat. Oh well. It's always the first thing I go to change anyway. Does it change it on astro's playroom at least? As far as I can tell I'm stuck with the dumb-rear end up looks up control scheme and it's basically unplayable for me.

Edit:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Start over, go full netrunner.

That's basically what I did on my first run. Hacks are stupidly powerful and basically trivialize every encounter.

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jul 11, 2021

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

haveblue posted:

watch twitters and discords like @PS5StockUpdates, have your credit card and shipping details pre-entered on the major retail sites they track

This basically. Just hope you get lucky and are fast enough to beat the bots. I was able to add one to my cart through best buy a few weeks ago, but unfortunately it wasn't available for pickup anywhere less than 100 miles away. Playstation direct seems like the most egalitarian option, but it puts you into a queue at random. Luckily you can use multiple browsers to create separate queue instances for yourself. If you make it in, you have 10 minutes to purchase a ps5 then.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Holy poo poo, the monkey suit in astro's playroom is so loving annoying. I'm having the hardest time trying to get it to climb up with the right arm. It constantly wants to register my movements as down.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Well, just beat and platted astro's playroom. What a fun lil game. Not sure if I wanna do another run through of ff7r or try and restart cyberpunk. Think I'm prob gonna pick up a cheap disc version of Spiderman or ratchet and clank soon.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Starting a second playthrough, or at least second attempt at cyberpunk. Trying out the street kid background this time through. So far seems better than the nomad starting plot. Interested to see just how much better the game handles overall on an ssd than the pokey-rear end hdd on my pro.

Is there some weird fuckery going on with the dual sense or whatever they call it? I can't seem to get it to charge with my powerbank over usb-c. The thing supports trickle charging as well as usb-c pd up to 45w, so it should charge. Hell it won't even charge on the usb-a to c cable either.

Edit: I'm basing this solely on the fact that the info bar doesn't tell me the controller's charging. If I plug it in powered off the orange light comes on briefly, but then fades off. It charges just fine directly from the console over both direct usb-c and the pack in a-c cable.

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 12, 2021

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Imhotep posted:

Yeah, DualShock 4’s and I’m pretty sure Dualsense’s as well are weird and sometimes just won’t charge unless plugged into the console. With the DS4, I could at least use it while it was plugged into the wall or whatever and it would keep it turned on, but wouldn’t actually keep charging it, it seemed like it only would let enough power in to stay on.

Well that's mildly annoying. My DS4 had no issues charging from my powerbank. I recall the DS3 also being weird and only charging from the console or a computer. Gonna try and see if I can get the dualsense to charge from the usb-c port on my computer. I should prob just get a second controller to just swap out as needed though.

Edit: nope. Doesn't seem to work over my computer either. Weird. Oh well.

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 12, 2021

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Chivalry 2 has the funnest first person melee combat of any game I have played probably. I stink at it but it's starting to click a lot more and feel more effortless. Plus I'm just sort of burned out on shootmans and mil sims atm it's a real nice change of pace. Probably the most enjoyable MP game I have played in the past couple years. It's a nice mix of intense and hilarious. It kind of feels like if battlefield played like giant matches of Dark Souls pvp. Bunch a goons in our group got it and everyone loves it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wLNUJBGmpQ

Yes I do more than just big side swipes regardless of what the video shows lol

Hell yeah! Also terrible af at it, but have a blast

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Put me in for some factions!

Haven't played since PS3, but I remember having a blast with it back in the day!

Psn is dog_nougat

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah, that was fun. I'm super bad cuz I forgot all the controls. Should really get around to restarting and actually playing tlou2

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
drat, guess I gotta do a bunch of factions now. Do the locked weapons for custom loadouts in factions ever unlock, is it just a colossal grind to unlock them, or is it literally just a pay to unlock these items thing?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Ok cool. Guess I'll just gently caress around then

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Played around in factions a bit more last night. drat I'm bad at this, or everyone else is just really good.

Gonna hop on here in a bit. Left a message in the chat. Can't find the thread all that easily, anyone wanna link it?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

When I first played FF7 I didn’t have a memory card either and I made it all the way to the Midgar Zolom and died

Lol same.

Eventually made it all the way to the materia keeper and died to it's trine attack, wiping hours of work away. Eventually got a cheap non Sony memory card and was able to beat the game.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Should i start a fresh new save of FF7R or do the NG+? Kinda torn. Like on one hand I wanna have all the shiny things I acquired and not have to deal with tutorial poo poo again, but part of me also wants to go back in and experience the game fresh without all the sorta overpowered, high level materia

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
White controllers were a terrible idea. Like anytime my hands aren't spotlessly clean I feel like I'm gonna leave kinda gross, sweaty residue on my controller, or I'm just dirty af :shrug:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I haven't played in so long I kinda forget everything about how combat works. It's been like a year since I played. I basically marathoned it when it came out, tried doing ng+ on hard and gave up immediately cuz I didn't feel like doing the story all over again, and hard mode was significantly harder than I anticipated. I found myself dying a lot and just sorta gave up.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Just said gently caress it and decided to start a new playthrough of FF7R. This game looks great in 60fps. Excited to see the new door!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Dang bruh, that sucks. Sorry for your loss. Have lost a parent as well, it's...weird. It's not easy, but it'll get better. Seems like you have a good/generally positive outlook about all of it at least. Remember your support systems and reach out to them when you're feeling down. It'll get better eventually :unsmith:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Next gen door tech :eyepop:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Just realized I'm probably never gonna use my ps4 pro again. I can't think of a compelling reason not to sell it. The list of non backwards compatible games is pretty small and I don't own any of them anyway. I don't realistically see myself really using remote play much on it either. May as well try to get a couple hundred bucks out it.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Lol. Baseball games are boring af, digital or otherwise.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
gently caress yeah, my disc of demon's souls just showed up today. Installing now. Can't wait to suck at this completely. Never played the original, and I'm bad af at dark souls, bloodborne, and sekiro. Guess I gotta get gud

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I decided to go with knight cuz it's on the box art and in the intro movie.

This here is Sir Grumplestilskins. Who will no doubt die many painful and stupid deaths.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Days gone gets a solid upgrade (framereate and load times) on ps5. Plague tale is the free ps5 game this month w/ plus. Cyberpunk is actually playable.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
:iiam:

There's not really a good way to do it, you could upload it to Twitter and then use a video downloading app to save it to your phone. Circuitous af though.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Well, my start to demon's souls went... poorly.
Keep accidentally hitting square to attack and waste healing items, am super bad at blocking, dodging, or riposting attacks. The knight seems not great to start out with for. Gonna play around and see what else I like. I could def use some ranged attacks. Gonna try the default warrior or the royalty class and see how I fare.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Once I realized armor is meaningless and speed is everything my near-naked temple knight was unstoppable.

Eventually you get some ultra light armor with good protection (assassin's garb) but you should always be below 50% with your weapon prioritized over dumbass armor.

Also, feel free to post in the Demon's Souls thread.

If you go back five pages from the end you'll find basically every noob question answered already.

Yeah, just tried out a royalty run briefly. Like it a lot better than the slow-rear end knight. The ability to quickly dodge out of the way is pretty indispensable, and the range offered by the magic wand is nice to have. Still died to some flame sword died dudes and a heavier shield guy, but feeling a lot more confident about it overall. Time to go find and peruse the Demon's Souls thread.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

PS5 disc comes with the DLC included and the PS4 one doesn't and there's an extra step to get the game upgraded to PS5 but that's about it.

It's like an additional $20 for the Interhade dlc, so it's prob cheaper just to get the PS5 version outright

wuggles posted:

Oh poo poo, I had always wanted to try Plague Tale anyway, thanks.

If Days Gone hasn’t been a freebie yet it will be some day and then I’ll check that one out too.

Plague tail is good af. Days Gone I'm 95% sure is free with "the best of ps4" or whatever they call it that you get with PS+ and PS5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Whelp, about to go up what I assume is the first boss in Demon's Souls. There's a giant fog veil at the gate I lifted up and a giant mace got chucked out. :ohdear: