Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Hearing a full family is one of the more jarring voice chat experiences. Wonder how much the controller and headset mics for next-gen will pick up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Asura's Wrath is on Xbox 360, too. It's just a big mess wrt cloud gaming/retro replays because the DLC has the actual ending to the game if I remember correctly. And all kinds of other stuff.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh it does, which one? There’s like six DLC’s and I can’t really tell what their deal is.

I’ve only started playing the game and is a ridiculous spectacle like I heard.
Yeah I tried to look it up for you, and it's extremely confusing, probably more so for PS3 than Xbox 360.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

bowmore posted:

What other good games are only on the PS3? I know Heavenly Sword
Demon's Souls, if you want the pure unremastered version. Not really the same without its servers, phantoms, and World Tendency, though.

(The lack of Scraping Spears could be considered a plus.)

ufarn
May 30, 2009
gonna get an xsx if they get dark mode and psn doesn't

ufarn
May 30, 2009

hatty posted:

I usually use light mode :ohdear:
Does this forum even have a dark mode?
It doesn't use white background for text so it's not that big of a deal.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

travis scott sucks rear end, I don’t see the appeal at all
Dude seems to just sign whatever's put in front of him seems to be his deal.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Gotta admit to a decent amount of Schadenfreude after they refused to include UHD support with the PS4 Pro because they wanted to go all in on their lovely digital platform that went tits up.

Not rebranding Into the Spider-Verse as part of this campaign seems like a pretty big missed opportunity.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

Rocket League originally debuted as a PS+ game on PS4 so I couldn't help but think that Destruction All Stars would have the same fate.
If there aren't a lot of games to play unless you're going through a PS4 backlog, a game like that starts looking a lot more interesting, though.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
and infamous was a ps+ game earlier on too which is how i played it. great game btw

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I still don't have the GoW trophy because finding those ravens is the suckiest thing a game has asked me to since Naughty Dog asked me to look for stupid coins and Firefly pendants in between jumping from collapsing platforms.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Sekiro used to require a user-made patch to be playable beyond 60 FPS because a bunch of game logic was tied to the framerate (like in a bunch of Souls games).

Beyond performance, moddability is also a distinguishing feature of PC.

(And just having Kaldaien fixing everyone's shitt, basically.)

ufarn
May 30, 2009

John F Bennett posted:

Why is this thread so obsessed with Bugsnax? Is this an inside joke I missed? Surely you guys are joking, right?
It was a very cute game shown at the reveal, and it's got very down-to-earth marketing instead of the annoying AAA marketing you're blasted with regularly.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
a month from now and this thread will be silly with bugsnax gang tags

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I'm glad we finally have a different game to derail PlayStation threads than Bl***b****.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

il serpente cosmico posted:

Thanks - it finally took it after about 20 tries.

And I didn't mis-type, either. I literally kept pasting it in the field and spamming submit until it accepted it.
Guess it timed out and didn't know to show you a proper error.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Hopefully this will make QTEs somewhat immersive for once instead of the usual crap thrown at you. Be nice if it could be outright replaced.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Rad Valtar posted:

Isn’t there someone who worked on DMC5 gameplay also working with Square on FF16 or did I just make that up.
The person in charge of the combat was poached from Capcom yeah.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

acksplode posted:

I will say they better lose the scraping spear
Already confirmed to be in the game.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

il serpente cosmico posted:

I read the polygon interview and it still isn't clear to me if all of the new items in the digital deluxe editions of Demon's Souls will also be available (by finding them in the world) in the standard edition. Is there any clarity on this?
The loremaster definitely isn't feeling optimistic.

https://twitter.com/VaatiVidya/status/1321804096219721731

ufarn
May 30, 2009
It'd probably be too expensive for bundle it into PS+, but a bundle discount would be a great idea.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Man I wish we'd heard just something about FF7R, surely they'll have a 1.01 patch by release or something. Getting closer though.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

the 1.01 patch came out the other week
Awesome. Seems to fix some things but not others, but any sign of life is good. Texture issues probably won't be a problem on PS5 if you can just load them by the brute force of the new hardware.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

JordanKai posted:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1321801666690240513

"there is a classic filter to make the game look more like the PS3 original"

Brown Mode is in, let's goooooo :slick:
Isn't the game rendered at 1440p? Obviously it'll output as 4K, but just before people get their hopes up.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Lumpy posted:

So if a certain someone was going to upgrade their 720p plasma TV for the PS5, would this be a good idea? https://www.costco.com/lg-55%22-class---cx-series---4k-uhd-oled-tv---%24100-allstate-protection-plan-bundle-included.product.100657327.html It is the #1 rated gaming TV on rtings, so I imagine it is?

Has anyone had issues with burn-in on their OLED?

Also, I am very excited for the playstation 5.
CX rules. Keep in mind that they do massive sales on their TVs around Black Friday if you can hold off that long. I assume they do it in the US the same way they do in Europe.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
The fire particle effect when the Spider boss hits the shield in the first trailer with a fireball seemed like them really wanting to show off raytracing, but I guess they pulled it off by doing something different. Or maybe they use pathtracing selectively in small areas like that or something.

It's pretty silly that the communication around it is such a confusing mess, but I guess raytracing isn't just some sticker you slap on a game cover either.

ufarn fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 31, 2020

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Akuma posted:

I bought a PS3 for Demon's Souls, a PS4 for Bloodborne, and a PS5 for Demon's Souls.

If I was a more rational person this development would probably bother me.
Elden Ring will redeem you.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

haveblue posted:

Yes, when you buy a PS6 for it
This is called the Nomura Double Dip.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The trackpad's the real power-sucker on the DS4 (and presumably DS5 as well), because it has to always be on.
It also has a polling rate of 500 Hz over Bluetooth which is nuts. You get half that over USB.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Speaking of DS4 quality, my rather new one just got a rattle on the bottom left side. Something to do with the rumble must be loose so that's annoying.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Red Warrior posted:

New OS videos have gone live, informational type stuff
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1324402828467707905
I still have no idea how two-factor authentication is supposed to work even though it was announced a million years ago for PS4, hopefully that's up and running with the new app now.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Note that (afaik) VRR is not standard in 2.1! Check before buying!
Indeed, VRR is an optional spec, which is what makes HDMI 2.1 such a headache.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Lobok posted:

How does that work on a system level when games have different numbers of difficulty levels? I can see Default/Lowest/Highest working if there's dev cooperation but what about between default and the others?
I just see it as a developer hint rather than an outright override.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

hamsystem posted:

Ugh, god dammit. Welp, hopefully I can return it if Sony doesn't get it sorted out. Thanks for the heads up.
Maybe it's to do with the issues in the HDMI 2.1 chips?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

henpod posted:

The XSX crew on reddit are giddy that the load times on BC games are faster on the XSX. I gotta admit, I was expecting better from the PS5. The XSX has a much nicer form factor and is seemingly more powerful. Still, I prefer PS for the games and will be getting one :).
PS5 seems to do better in a couple of cases, but the new automatic tonemapping feature in XSX is so cool.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Polygon's FAQ also confirms no 1440p output, so consider that hope fully extinguished.

4K capture is supported if manually initiated in advance, but only 1080p for the capture buffer to pull from.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

between this and the X900H's issues with 4k 120hz it doesn't seem like it's been a good time for people on the bleeding edge of tv's

you sit on the bleeding edge and your butt gets cut
Ironically, the 2020 Olympics were set to be the big test of 8K/next-gen TV technology, so we completely missed that trial run.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Imhotep posted:

What are the chances of God of War 2 actually coming out 2021
If they cut the big bird for time again, so help me god ...

ufarn
May 30, 2009

L-O-N posted:

Original packaging, WTF Target.
2020 truly is "what if we handled everything in literally the worst way possible".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Akuma posted:

Yeah I've seen that video but the compression is pretty bad on it so it leaves a lot to the imagination
IGN are notoriously incompetent at encoding video, but JackFrags has a 4K video coming out soon.