Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Okay Walmart thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Anyone gotten any news from Walmart? Mine still says Thursday with "Preparing to Ship" dunno if I should be worried.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Nothing from Walmart, nor Fedex.

:negative:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

North Carolina, notta from Walmart or Fedex, yet it says my system is due today.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Already have a casuality. My included HDMI cord doesn't work. Thankfully I have plenty.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Transfered all my data to my PS5 and now my PS4 is going take 2 hours to wipe itself.

What.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Tried to sell my PS4 Pro and Launch PS4 to Gamestop and they wont take 'em. Time to see if I can throw it all up on ebay to get a chunk of change.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

I saw a goon complaining about how the PS5 made sounds when you install a PS4 disk. Is it suppose to be completely silent? Since mine made sound when I installed. It made a bit of sound when I launched that disk too but shut off once it got going.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

A plastic disc spinning at hundreds of RPM is going to make a noise, so there’s no way it’s going to be ‘silent’. Some people do seem to have noisier drives than others.

It’s only going to spin up to install or to do the license check when you launch the game, it really doesn’t matter unless it sounds like a bag of tools being thrown down the stairs in which case the drive is probably hosed up in some way.

Phew. I loaded up Yakuza 0 today and I got worried. The only other "issue" my console has is it makes a ticking sounds when it cold boots but stops after like 5 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

So when you launch through a disk is it suppose to be 100% silent or is the loud spin up normal?