Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
A dumb question since my Googling hasn’t led me to any consistent answers.

Friend of mine got an email for a Sony Direct drop to buy a PS5 today. Does anyone in the thread have an idea if Sony sends out more invites than purchasable consoles, and if so, what would be his rough chances of getting a system? He’s been looking for a while and adamantly refuses to pay scalper prices so I’m hoping for him to get it today, but trying to temper his enthusiasm in case, you know, the obvious happens and he doesn’t get one today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

ShadowedFlames posted:

A dumb question since my Googling hasn’t led me to any consistent answers.

Friend of mine got an email for a Sony Direct drop to buy a PS5 today. Does anyone in the thread have an idea if Sony sends out more invites than purchasable consoles, and if so, what would be his rough chances of getting a system? He’s been looking for a while and adamantly refuses to pay scalper prices so I’m hoping for him to get it today, but trying to temper his enthusiasm in case, you know, the obvious happens and he doesn’t get one today.

Update—that lucky sonuvabitch just used his entire year’s worth of luck in one go. Got through in about 10 minutes and got his order in. The email invites apparently seem to work decently. Now just gotta hope I get one eventually!

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Doctor Nutt posted:

Speaking of adaptive trigger stuff, is it involved in those show mini games in the new one? Because playing the next gen version on Series X and the training mini games are miserable and difficult in a way that suggest to me either that San Diego studios hates the player to a ridiculous extent or that they work a lot better with dual sense haptics.

From what I’ve played (I’ve only done one mini game that uses the triggers, and that’s the bench press one on my friend’s console), I do not recall adaptive triggers being present. Do keep in mind that I’ve only done that one time though, so my memory may not be accurate—been waiting for them to fix RTTS progression before I sink any serious time into it because gently caress Diamond Dynasty.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Doctor Nutt posted:

Ironically enough, the bench press minigame is one of the better ones I've found so far. The one that I was specifically thinking of was plyometrics, which requires you to hold the triggers at an exceedingly precise location and press a, which was a lot harder than it sounds, and something that felt like, to me anyway, that it was likely designed with the dual sense haptics in mind. Dare I ask what is wrong with RTTS progression because I've been playing a bunch of it?

A bit late, sorry, but...

The archetypes they have that are supposed to unlock extra animations rarely track. lovely when you have a hitting, fielding, and pitching one you cycle through. Some people have gotten lucky and not run into issues but I’m not one of them.

The aforementioned slow stat building. I don’t mind a bit of a grind but this seems incredibly low this year. Though with equipment, etc. my SP is a 67 overall and I’m not into June yet. My position overall, let’s not talk about it lol. But it seems like “earn four single pips to a base stat on 32 currently” equals no progress after the game, and that’s frustrating to me.

Their workaround to the first thing involves DD, which as mentioned, gently caress that, but they could stand to ease up on the second.

And that’s not even getting into their servers affecting RTTS games when I’ve tried to play and it’s just refused to load into a game.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Doctor Nutt posted:

Ironically enough, the bench press minigame is one of the better ones I've found so far. The one that I was specifically thinking of was plyometrics, which requires you to hold the triggers at an exceedingly precise location and press a, which was a lot harder than it sounds, and something that felt like, to me anyway, that it was likely designed with the dual sense haptics in mind. Dare I ask what is wrong with RTTS progression because I've been playing a bunch of it?

I just had this come up in RTTS. Can confirm, no haptics on this minigame, it’s just as frustrating here as you made it sound.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

exquisite tea posted:

I would be super surprised if Forbidden West released this year but I'm willing to believe.

Not an :emptyquote: because I feel the exact same way.

I almost see them announcing that as the release but come September saying they’re pushing it back three to six months.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Vikar Jerome posted:

Horizon Forbidden West release date
ff16 16min trailer
ff1-6 hd-2d

Just these, please and thank you.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
It’ll be from scratch. PS5 versions of MK11, No Man’s Sky, and Borderlands 3 are different files than their PS4 counterparts, as an example, so FF7R will be no different.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Casnorf posted:

I'll probably solo it mostly like I do all my poo poo lately … and even if nobody ever plays Horizon Zero Dawn I'll still have a thunderjaw to paint, haha!

I’m waiting to get into a place that has more room to have a table (so I’m not playing on the floor and tempting cats to bat at the machines) and also for the rest of the expansions to come in—I have the base game and am just waiting on the rest of the stuff from Kickstarter to come in so I have everything together.

On topic, though, for those of you who have played Returnal, how many fights did it take to get past the first boss? I’ve managed to get to starting the third phase twice in four attempts and just seem to hit a wall at that point. Probably splitting time among a bunch of other projects doesn’t help either, but I’m still enjoying the game when I’m focused on it.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Vikar Jerome posted:

also im kinda digging the ff1-6 pixel remaster now the screenshots got ripped from the trailer, widescreen, maps, new updated sprites based on the ff dot book, looking great (half the internet hate it tho lmao) cant wait for those. they just gotta release em on consoles i guess.

This is my stance. I have everything from 7 through 12 and 15 on PS4. Just put 1-6 on there too (and gently caress, give us the XIII series and Tactics WotL too dammit) and I’ll not need another console to play the entire series until XVII drops for the PS7.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

mastershakeman posted:

are ps5s still super hard to get? Sony just sent me a ridiculous email

Subject: Confirmed! Your exclusive invitation to order a PS5 console

maybe its some weird phishing scam to get my psn login but doesnt seem to be

Can confirm, that’s legit, it’s how I got mine and another friend got his. I know I’ve been beaten several times over in replying but yeah, good goon, go for it.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

:getin:

Any and all free time I had will be gone when this releases. Never had a PC good enough to run a CK or Stellaris game that wasn’t slow and barebones. So this is going to be something entirely new for me and I am all for it.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Dewgy posted:

I just reinstalled it to confirm this was real, and oh my good gravy it’s so god drat pretty. :swoon:

I have the plat for this, I may just play it with the new patch tonight just to compare.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Bad Parenting posted:

Parasite Eve

Wait, I’m trying to catch up on what I missed. This surely isn’t a real thing is it?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Real hurthling! posted:

Its project eve a bayoneta style game.
No relation

…drat. Got hopes up for nothing. Thanks for the info.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Gutcruncher posted:

It now splits up PS4/5 versions of theyre installed, but does it also break up demos and stuff?

Sample size of one but it’s done this with the Diablo II Resurrected beta/PS4/PS5 versions on mine (as in Choose Version gives me those 3 choices).

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

acksplode posted:

R3/L3 were just one big mistake IMO. They suck even if you know all about em. Get rid of em and replace em with back buttons to everyone's benefit

I’m all for this, or at the very least have the back buttons as an alternate to clicking in the sticks.

The back button attachment for the DualShock 4s was a game changer for me and I want similar on the DualSense controllers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Megasabin posted:

What are you all doing with Horizon and Elden Ring coming out within 1 week? I doubt Horizon is going to be a week long game unless your really poopsock it. Take amphetamines, play both at once, delay Elden Ring, delay Horizon?

I’m probably the lone brokebrain here that has less than zero interest in Elden Ring. So my decision is easy in that I’ll be taking my time with Horizon and just immersing myself in it.