Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I took some measurements and the PS5 can fit in my entertainment center horizontally but only with about an inch of room on each side. Do I need to start worrying about ventilation with that little space left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Ugh. That sucks. Looks like I’ll be holding off next gen till I upgrade my furniture first.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Soysaucebeast posted:

I don't know that that's true. I keep my PS4 and my boyfriends Xbox whatever in our entertainment stand and we haven't had any issues at all. Now ours doesn't have doors, so everything in the front is completely open, but they're enclosed on the over 5 sides and it's been fine. Of course, the dang PS5 it slightly too big to fit comfortably in the dang thing, so I get to stand it on the box of cables I have next to the stand so that's moot now anyway.

What I’ve always read is you should allow for 4in of space on either side, of which the PS5 is the first console too big for me to even do that. I’ve never had a console die on me. Even my 360 still works.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Shirkelton posted:

You have a launch 360 that still works?

Not launch, but it is a phat. Got it in 2008. I use it for Rock Band customs when I have friends over.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

dads friend steve posted:

Pro tip don’t be lazy and transfer games over WiFi it took 5 hours and I only moved Ghost of Tsushima and Detroit Become Human (about 100gb so maybe 5.5 MB/sec :vince:)

If you attach the two consoles with an Ethernet cable it's lightning fast. I moved 300GB worth of stuff in about 30 minutes. You don't even need to be on a full wired network, you can just connect them directly to each other.

Gotta echo some more love for Astro's Playroom here, all those lovely peripherals you can collect that litter Goodwills IRL gave me real nostalgia kicks and it's just such an adorable, pleasant little platformer. That, DualSense gimmicks, and its short length make it perfect to play while baked.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

acksplode posted:

Yeah they're politically moronic games. There should be less halfhearted attempts at commentary and more fighting comic book villains I've heard of before

I love the part in SMMM where they give Miles a Hands Up Don't Shoot moment but they have to do it with the private militia of an energy company because they already established that Spider-Man works with and loves the NYPD

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
What’s the best game to showcase the Dualsense other than Astro’s Playroom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Bioshock Infinite is a game that feels like it was released not because it was done but because the people working on it were sick of doing so