Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Will Elden Ring be shown today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

man nurse posted:

I’ve beaten a handful of them, they’re compelling and evocative and challenging as gently caress. But constantly championing them as the best games ever released always puzzled me.

Not sure how Opinions being subjective puzzles you? A lot of people have Nintendo ips in their greatest of all time but I don't rate any of them highly except Fire Emblem series.

Fromsoft games are some of my favorite games but I can completely see why someone would not like any of their games(since they are very similar).

Aidan_702 posted:

From Software has the cache to literally saying NOTHING about the game except for one trailer that doesn't explain anything. That is the only official/believable thing and that's how excited people are for it.

Cyberpunk on the other hand had years and years of constant insane promises and pre-rendered video that everyone was led to believe was real and on PC/last gen hardware.

Of course there is always a chance Elden Ring will be disappointing, but it won't be on hype or false promises. Plus also they made fucken bloodborne dark souls demons souls and sekiro

Ya honestly if this game is a buggy mess or it's complete shight. It isn't really Fromsoft or Bandai Namco's fault in terms of marketing. They have in fact not marketed it at all.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Basically full trailer of Elden Ring seems to have leaked.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eldenring/comments/lvdxsc/elden_ring_is_a_game_last_post_29_turbo_hd/

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Policenaut posted:

drat Elden Ring looks dope. I love video games.

ftw

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

enviroment stuff holy poo poo

https://streamable.com/ykc5u5

edit: is that a loving jump button :eyepop:

Nice to see that iconic Fromsoft gate opening animation, they should trademark that at this point.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Blind Rasputin posted:

The absolute best PS5 showcase of haptics, trigger effects, and 3D sound all in one beautiful 4k/60/rtx package right now is definitely Returnal.

Really interested in the haptics, finally managed to get a ps5, a friend somehow got too and I snagged one off him.

Btw do any of the backward compat games have haptics? I'll probably some ps4 exclusives games I had that I didn't get to play yet.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Rinkles posted:

No special haptic support for back compat games. It emulates the DS4's rumble but it doesn't feel as good. They did at least improve it with a patch recently.

Ya I might just get Demon Souls, I just don't feel like there is anything else, obviously Spiderman and Returnal but my backlog is huge so that can wait.

Btw is there a list of fps boost games? I am gonna try finish God Of War and Spiderman 1 on ps5 instead.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Got it today and installed. Is there any benefit of having it vertical? I just feel like horizontal is safer.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

It looks way dumber sideways imo but no difference.
Its actually safer standing up tho cause the base is screwed in vs sideways where it can slip out of the base if someone tries to move it but thats probably not something to worry about

Wow you are right as I moved the hdmi to connect it was moved easily. Unfortunately I don't have space for a vertical set up with how my table is.

I got PS+ finally to try out a few games, installed God Of War which I had from ps4, probably gonna have time later to try this out. Is there way to see which ps4 games have fps increased in the store?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

So I played bit of Astro's playroom, good little game. Was going to get into my first full ps5 game, I was wondering if things like Demon Souls have gone on sale yet? I might just wait and play backward compat games instead.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

cheeseboy58 posted:

Idk if ur in us but gamestop sometimes has deals where used games are 30% cheaper. I picked up demon souls for 45, feel way better about that than shelling out 70

was this a digital copy?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

How are you gonna buy a used digital game?

Lol mb didn't see it was used. Ah well I don't really buy physical so just gonna have to wait.

Btw so far I have only used ps5 to watch anime since my tv doesn't have crunchyroll app.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

You get this cake if you can preorder a ps5.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1393174386224599046/photo/1

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Also I just saw some news that Druckmann said they might do a tlou3 set after events of 2 and people were disappointed. Am I missing something? I love new ips but you can innovate in sequels as well. Tlou2 gameplay is such an improvement over 1 and they even added semi open areas. AS long as the quality of the product is as good tlou2 or uncharted 4, I don't mind if we get more of that as long as there more cool stories to tell and they innovate.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Anyone has the Pulse 3D headset? Was wondering if it's any good, the price seems cheap for what they are advertising. I will probably just buy it since I had negative experience with third party stuff on consoles in the past but wanted to know if anyone had experience with it.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 12:57 on May 18, 2021

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

To answer both of these: the 3D audio stuff is all done system-side, so any decent pair of headphones can do it. The Pulse headset is very good, probably worth it for the price, but definitely not the best quality headphones I’ve owned (but they cost way more). PS5’s Tempest 3D audio is definitely noticeable in games that use it - Returnal especially you hear the “direction” of sounds SO well. Orbs hitting the wall behind me made me jump more than a few times.

Basically I would say it’s worth it if you don’t already have a good pair of headphones (or headset if you plan on using the mic), or you want one that’s specifically for your PS5.

I own a pair of good Bose headset but it only works wired with PS4/PS5. I am guessing this is noise canceling too, I just ordered of ebgames not sure when they will deliver but it showed it was in stock. Amazon is not showing any in stock.

Btw PS5 game sale is starting next Wednesday. https://blog.playstation.com/2021/05/18/days-of-play-2021-activities-start-today-with-playstation-player-celebration-sale-kicks-off-may-26/

Nioh Collection, Miles Morales and Demon Sales will be on sale.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Tlou2 is amazing but replaying it is akin to rewatching Requiem for a dream or Manchester at Sea. Nah I don't need that depressive poo poo in my life.

Btw playing Until Dawn from ps+ collection, not sure if they enhanced anything for PS5 but this game looks really crisp and also it's been really good. Horror with mix of psychological thriller elements is my jam.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Virgin Druckmann vs. the Chad Kojima

If Kojima made TLOU2 Abby would be breathing through her skin and Joel would be played by a Danish actor.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Aidan_702 posted:

Hey and I don't like hearing about TLOU2 - it's a fuckin year old! PUT IT IN A MUSEUM

Ya lets go back to talking about Nintendo products for another 5 pages.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

FF7R is absolutely an action game, and primarily so. It's combat design is so thoroughly tuned around action game 'credentials' that when you play it on hard mode it cuts all the chaff away and the design shows its true intentions. Tim Rogers went into this a lot already so I wont bloviate.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sunhilegend/status/1251528375648366593

Ya I think when you get to hard mode you basically to manage aggro perfectly and optmize combos/dmg. The combat flows really well even though it's sort of turn based.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Imhotep posted:

Wtf happened to granblue fantasy relink

Basically a way too ambitious first title for a completely new studio? For the last 3-4 years the only thing that looks complete is the combat which Platinum worked on super early.

Talking off Platinum I hope we see Babylon's Fall at e3. The combat looked fun the last time they showed it but there was no Platinum charm and it looked like a tech demo.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Kiwami 2 is so much better than Kiwami 1 so you're in for a good time.

Ya Yakuza 0 to Kiwami 1 was so freaking disappointing, almost same plot beats and way less content, worse minigames. Kiwami 2 is AMAZING, so freaking over the top(Osaka Castle), the antagonist Ryuji is so much better than Nishki and the final fight is as epic as 0's.. Nishki was only interesting due to 0 actually giving him a character

Ulio fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 22, 2021

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Almost all the scenes with Nishiki were added in Kiwami, in the original you didn't see him at all between the intro and the final confrontation

Interesting, that makes the original even worse. The reason I rate 0 so highly is because it makes Kiwami 1 a better game atleast in terms of story, gameplay wise 1 is not even close to 0.
Not saying the original was bad but just relative to Kiwami1 and 0. Also like someone said it depends what order you played them in.

I am currently at Yakuza 3 remastered, got it installed on the ps5 just waiting to finish God Of War first.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

BisterdDave posted:

Whether the studio decides to continue making games in the Judgement series after Lost Judgement, or decides to make a new IP, I'm just happy they have something to keep their action oriented combat in. Seems like a good idea to have two series where you can branch out with combat styles so that it doesn't get too stale after awhile. Granted, I played through 5 Yakuza games last year and never got tired of the combat.

The Yakuza studio is extremely talented, not sure how many people here played Binary Domain but that is a very underrated game. One of the most fun third person shooter campaigns ever. It ended with a tease for a follow up but I think that was the era where lots of Japanese devs were struggling.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Playing God of War for the first time on ps5, it feels amazing at 60fps, Anyway this game seems very hard on Give me a challenge which isn't even the highest difficulty. I had finished all the previous god of war games on hard difficulty in my first runs. The bosses have all been easy so far it's just the regular mobs are harder to juggle, probably get easier with more abilities but I feel like Kratos does too little damage to enemies even if they increased it by like 5% it would feel a lot better early on.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Biomutant embargo ended, seems like it's promising but very flawed? I am not sure how this game got so much hype, the artstyle and graphics do look great.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Gonna be 100% here, I feel like FF7R combat only really impressed people who don’t play Kingdom Hearts, because it’s just a very slight variation on the KH3 battle system, but with less going on than KH and also the enemies you fight in FF7R are some of the most boring garbage mobs in any RPG.

That’s honestly the major downside of having FF7R only being Disc 1, you only really ever fight starting area monsters but stretched out over a 30 hour game.

I am one of those people, I do have KH in my library and will get to it. The only other real time jrpg I have played is Tales which is deep but feels way more floaty/clunky.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The days of play sale is quite weak but I grabbed few games anyway. Demon Souls, Returnal, The Order.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

a primate posted:

I played The Order when I first got a PS4 and I remember absolutely nothing except people complaining about the letterboxing. Let us know if you enjoy it and if it’s worth a second look.

Sure.

a primate posted:

Lost Legacy is great if you like ND stuff. I paid full pop when it came out and didn’t regret it.

I totally forgot this, I need to get it, Nadine was my favorite character in U4, I was hoping you play as her. That scene in U4 where she beats the poo poo out of the Drake bros is so awesome.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Alloy reminds me of the main character of Heavenly Sword, forgot her name though.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Miranda's remastered butt, Abbey's shoulders, Aloy's cheeks. I love games but man are some gamers extremely weird and find the dumbest poo poo to get mad about.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

BisterdDave posted:

Or boob sizes

Oh ya Tifa's boobs reduction, the biggest tragedy of 2020 after covid.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

cheeseboy58 posted:

I find them to be a serious gaming win

In general I think the dualsense is way better than DS4. I use my ds4 for my pc games now but it still feels too small. I feel like the dualsense is the perfect size, the old xbx360 controllers felt a bit too big.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I just wanna know why a disproportionate amount of Sony AAA western first-party game protagonist's look like alcoholic truckers... The Last of Us, Days Gone, nuGod of War, Spider-man (the PS4 version. Somehow the "younger" PS5 version looks creepier tho) and now Horizon... I shudder to think of what they'll do to poor Jin in the next Ghost of Tsushima game...

From bald marines to alcoholic truckers, I feel like the videogame industry is taking inspiration from my neighbors.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Talking about Virtua fighter and fighting games. Does anyone have this problem with fighting games, I am completely trash at 2d fighting games like even the "campaign/arcade" mode is hard for me but in 3d fighting games I am actually good and can even get wins only. 2D fighting games like Guilty Gear or SF look fun but I just end up getting destroyed whenever I try them.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

VideoGames posted:

So just played two and a half hours of Demons Souls and beat tower knight, sister friede twice and nearly beat maneaters. Died once the whole time. :) feeling very very good about that. Actually, good is an understatement. I am feeling magical. Only one death at the very end of the stream. Goodness.

I think I might end up ranking this game really high in my souls games ranking. There is something about it that I cannot quite put my finger on. If you had to force me to rank all six right now it would go like this from best to least.

Bloodborne
Sekiro
dark souls 3.
Demons souls.
Dark souls 2.
Dark souls.

They are all just such great games that ranking them feels like a disservice to them.

Ya these games are awesome, also it's interesting to see everyone have slightly different rankings but seems like Bloodborne is the most consensus favorite pick. If Elden Ring is even half as good as these games, it will be another banger.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

blackguy32 posted:

I agree with this. Accessibility options help everyone. I turn off QTEs and I pretty much ALWAYS play with subtitles. I have even used the high contrast mode in TLOU2 a few times because some parts of that game strain my eyes.

Yes this has been one of the best trends in gaming. I have no disabilities but currently playing Man of Medan on PC, the qte's are so unreal fast, I had missed all of them until I changed the accessibility options.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Any rumors on what next Bluepoint is working? I want to make something original but man their remakes have been insane. MGS or Silent Hill 1 would be cool.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am looking forward to PS5 exclusive Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart this month.

Also Ff7 Remake Intergrade: Chapter Yuffie...

Good month for PS5 owners

Ya this is the best a console has been at launch. Just having Demon Souls/Spiderman at launch is INSANE. Then there is the huge ps4 backlog with improvements. Usually I would just buy all non exclusives on on my pc but I been buying more n more multiplatform games on ps5.

Also I been using the Pulse headset for a few weeks now and the quality is really good for the price. I would say the padding is a bit thin though.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I got used to them but they’re definitely a step below the Arctis Wireless 7P (and way below the Pros). I’m still so incredibly loving annoyed at them getting rid of the optical audio output AND locking mix chat to their own headset.

Ya I have a boise bequiet and it's way more comfortable. But I couldn't get that to work with my ps4 or ps5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The 4k talk reminded me of the packaging of the ps5 which has 8k on it. I mean a 3090 can barely run anything at 8k so a ps5 is much less likely.