Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011
Looks like the so called "Sony Check" is hurting mid tier/indie Japanese devs and upcoming complete lack of releases for the PS5 with Japanese exclusives which have moved to the switch

https://youtu.be/LOnzr8r_jFo

https://imgur.com/a/q3XLWt0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Arist posted:

I clicked on this because I was curious what the hell you were on about and it's apparently someone whining about censorship in my vidja :qq:

Sony's mishandling of content control has caused the Japanese dev base to not support the ps5 which led to a lack of exclusive releases for the PS5 that is going to the Switch instead and leaving Japan with a quarter long drought.

Even as someone who wholly endorsed Sony's decision to dunk on the likes of panty quest devs like Takaki this I cannot spin to something positive.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Augus posted:

I don't disagree that Sony's censorship policies are overbearing and stupid (lmao at them removing the dicks from that Conan game but then keeping them in Cyberpunk) but this youtuber does not strike me as the most reliable source in the world

The sore point is Sony burned bridges with Japan due to that and there is absolutely no way to spin this bad news for Sony.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

you have 3 posts in this thread and this is what you brought up lol. Go play some hentai poo poo on steam bro

Who said I like these weeb games but the lack of Japanese releases for the PS5 is still worrying

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/02/son...n-going-forward

More PR talk from the CEO as always even though the switch basically dominates Japanese market now unfortunately.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

Oh no that guy complaining that nobody is going to put anime pedo games on PlayStation now because Japan doesn’t have enough PS5s is going to come back for a victory lap

A pity that weebshit is dead on the PlayStation which is a good thing imo.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Too bad the weebs can't stop crying about it though. Thinking that the weeb days of the Vita will last forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is Jim Ryan going to run SIE into the ground

Yes he is pretty much doing so by destroying Sony Japan and watching as third party Japan devs flee Sony like the sinking ship. At least they prove to show gaming can be art with TLOU2