Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I was tempted to preorder the media remote with my console, but then I saw it had a dedicated Disney+ button and any desire I might have had to do that dissolved instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Counterpoint: The assholery of cats is 90% of their appeal.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

He's adorable!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Shirkelton posted:

The Spider-Man Remaster is ten or fifteen gigs smaller than the PS4 game.

It's a weird case though. Yes, it's smaller if you do the obvious calculation, but it's probably sharing assets with Miles Morales because (as I understand it) you can't install it separately, so you can't just subtract the lone install of Miles Morales to get the size of the original game with the DLCs. So I don't think it's a good test case.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Shirkelton posted:

It is a separate download code, why do you think you can't install it independently?

I swear I read that somewhere! I'm probably just wrong then!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

John Wick of Dogs posted:

In PS+ can you register a new title of the month they put in there without actually downloading it?

My understanding is you have it and can redownload forever as long as you are a subscriber but it is only available for initial download to the end of the month.
Or is it automatic if you are a subscriber?

Yes. You just go into the store to get the licence buy clicking add to library on the PS+ game page. You then have access to it whenever you have an active PS+ subscription. No need to actually download it.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

hamsystem posted:

Can confirm

:same:

I have the digital deluxe version of Beyond Light preordered.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I said come in! posted:

Sounding more and more like Sony overpromised really badly on just how many PS5's they would have available for pre-order and at launch. Under delivering by possibly millions of units originally promised? I know all of this will work itself out after launch, but this pre-launch / launch day situation is a total disaster.

Isn't it difficult to know who this is on? I can't tell if the retailers sold as many as they were told they were going to get for launch, then Sony cut that number, or they didn't know how many they were going to get and just decided to sell as many as they could get away with.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Vikar Jerome posted:

Yeah, its gonna run way better than it will on xbox one 360

I genuinely cannot wait to see how much of a car crash Cyberpunk will be on the launch consoles. Microsoft actually failed its cert the first time around it was so bad, and I've never heard of a major game release failing cert before.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Red Warrior posted:

Really? There an actual source for that?

I can't find an official source for it at the moment. There's this:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/01/22/cyberpunk-2077-delayed-xbox-one-unsatisfactory-performance/

And I found a few places saying that it had actually failed "pre-certification" whatever that is. But I can't find the original source now. But yeah, it was the reason for the original delay to September apparently.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 12, 2020

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Red Warrior posted:

Yeah I dunno like I'm sure general performance issues are part of why they delayed it along with likely it still being very buggy but confirming supposed specific details as to why on a 'report' from some guy on a podcast who totally knows someone that gets picked up by the sort of site that posts 'Breath of the Wild 2 Cancelled??' as it's latest story is tenuous.

As someone who doesn't speak Polish, I'm not qualified to say, but my understanding is that the person on that podcast is a reliable journalist/documentarist who was covering the topic. There's always an element of rumour and speculation about these things when the companies they're talking about aren't talking though, especially in translation, I agree.

If you can read Polish, this is probably the reliable source:

https://www.eurogamer.pl/articles/2020-01-22-cyberpunk-2077-opozniony-przez-problemy-z-wydajnoscia-na-xbox-one

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 12, 2020

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I am going to say something extremely controversial in this, the PS5 thread. I've only preordered a PS5, but I think that the SX looks like a very good console. I hope that everyone has a fun time playing games on next-generation hardware.

The auto-HDR back compat stuff looks very cool.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

My hot take is that everything other than parties looks good. The parties stuff is going to be a hassle if you do stuff like LFG in Destiny.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

haveblue posted:

Can't wait to be sneaking through a dark room in RE8 and get blinded by a notification popping up

The new hot multiplayer shooter strat. Flashbang the player.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Zerot posted:

EDIT: but please don't vacuum your electronics out!

Sony literally just told me to!

I guess we'll see what the manual says about it when we get boxes in our hands.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I said come in! posted:

The problem with features like this is that they will require that the developers implement it into their games, so it's going to be used for launch titles and then never used again.

Unless Sony mandates it, but I can't see that happening.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

There was one guy who said xbowners were more likely to be trump supporters

Given that Xbox is a much stronger brand in the US than anywhere else and PlayStation is more uniformly distributed, statistically, they're probably right!

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 15, 2020

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Samurai Sanders posted:

Cars don’t say cyberpunk to me at all unless they can fly.

Corps actually do have flying cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOPAEA-NxMY&t=194s

It's just the poor normies who are stuck to street level, and presumably the smug rich people who want to show off their fancy wheels.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

fridge corn posted:

The last thing I want to do while playing games is interact with other gamers

:same: I have never used an open chat function in any game, and I am 100% happy to continue that trend.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Man I used to love Battlefield 1942(??) online. That was some of my fave online ever. BF4 was good too but I only played it on my own. I hope they do crossplay next gen, my brother always plays them on PC

PC/Console cross play would be a hellish experience, surely? Controller players wouldn't stand a chance against m+kb.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'd take the option any day. It's fine in Warzone :shrug:

I guess so. I play Fortnite, and I think that does PC + console matchmaking now I think about it, and I can still regularly get to the final couple of people there. So maybe it's less of an issue than I imagined.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Ah, the Destiny approach. I approve.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Destruction Allstars just looks exactly like a game that will be on PS+ in a couple of months.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

They do. It's just Spiderman Remastered that doesn't have a free upgrade.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

History Comes Inside! posted:

PS4 version is the same price as the PS5 version everywhere I’ve seen it or obviously that would be the play to make.

Looking at google's price comparison thing, in the UK at least, you can get the PS4 version for £3 cheaper than the PS5 one. Not much of a saving, but still a saving.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

il serpente cosmico posted:

Nah, I don't think they've said anything about PS5 and XSX versions except that they are working on it and it'll come out at some point.

Literally all they've said on that front is 2021.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I wonder what he can burn his fingers on this time.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Vikar Jerome posted:

anyword on dualsense battery life yet?

also, those tlouR loadtimes are on standard HDD's as well lol.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyCaliber/status/1319823285748682752

"Was the intention of your patch to provide improvements?"

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

What is the spec of a UHD Blu Ray? 4K Dolby Vision?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I hear this here Astrobot's Playroom Cooling Springs is good, huh?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

haveblue posted:

Further confirmation that Watch Dogs Legion will be a better and more cyberpunk game than 2077, if only because the period in which one exists and the other does not has lengthened

Existing in 2020 is very cyberpunk, yes.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

gently caress yeah, Bugsnax.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Fedule posted:

I'm obviously missing something. The download link (iOS) just goes to the PS App I already have, which hasn't been updated in months. I can't find this new app elsewhere on the app store.

I suspect the store just hasn't updated yet. I can't see it either, but someone was saying the Android version was up.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Communist Thoughts posted:

loving agreed. please stop making all your games about crystals. the only ff with a good plot is the one thats not about crystals

FFXIV is 100% about crystals.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

ufarn posted:

The person in charge of the combat was poached from Capcom yeah.

And the combat straight up looks like it fell out of DMC.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Vikar Jerome posted:

nah but its generally not used well. at the start, in say 1 2 switch, you could tell how many ice cubes and poo poo were in the joycon. but now it just feels and sounds like a weirder rumble with a few different rumble settings.

I can’t see much reason to assume the DS will be any different. Sony first party will probably make full use of it, but is it worth the extra development time in multiplat games? I hope it’ll get used, but I’m pessimistic.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

1 billion dollars just for anime?

It makes sense. As a corporation they've been making moves in that direction for a while now. The question is, do they merge them into Funimation?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Lobok posted:

Hey Sony, I wouldn't hate it if my PS+ account acted as a Crunchyroll subscription...

:same:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

That's cool but, uh, good luck with difficulty settings across multiple games.

Yeah. Game difficulty names are so meaningless you're asking for trouble if you leave it on anything but "Game default".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Vikar Jerome posted:

Uhh greg miller of kinda funny games uploaded his ps5 walkthrough of the UI and, finally, TOTAL TIME PLAYED FOR GAMES EVEN PS4.

No no no! There's a reason I've never typed /playtime on FFXIV.

...And my Destiny number will be will be truly horrifying.

Policenaut posted:

In a Nintendo move, Sackboy is launching without any kind of online multiplayer (but will have local co-op). They're adding online co-op shortly thereafter as a free update sometime this year.

Coming in hot.