Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
This is stressing me out. I don't know any secret codes to find a PS5 and it's dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Anygoon buy a PS5 today?? If so, from where?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Not to be a baby, but man I was a loving idiot for thinking in some way 2020 would humble people. This is a small thing, this is a toy, but it bothers me that I can't find one and scalpers used bots to get three dozen during an unannounced 5 minute window to sell for x3 the price. Scalpers gonna scalp, new console releases are hard, we are in a pandemic, etc.
Still just makes my stomach hurt.

I'm hoping I will be able to secure one Black Friday, as refreshing websites all day has been tiresome. Sorry for the vent.

E: Capitalism and all, but gently caress, limit to 1-2 per household and try to enforce it, maybe. Or don't who gives a poo poo. I expect this one will set fire to my home and I'll just re-up with a PS5 Pro from the homeless shelter

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Play has no limits!*

*"We don't know when or if this item will be restocked"

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Vikar Jerome posted:

btw, that "gently caress your feelings" scalper you all said people should find his address and rob him/beat him up/etc/

well they did.

Edit: even if they suck probably don't link to people's personal info

he deactivated his account but the replies are way more loving scary that some dumbass scalper poo poo, gamers continue to be gamers into the new gen, i guess.

Scary replies but I can't help but feel the schadenfreude

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 16, 2020

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

CJacobs posted:

Raytracing doesn't even look good half the time. Developers still haven't gotten over the issue of making everything look soaking wet. The bureau in Control looks like it's coated in varnish.

Check out the Digital Foundry for that Metro game. The part where he's showing the desert sun and it's effect on the little tin house he's sitting in is next-gen as gently caress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiQv32imK2g
This video may actually make you say "wow" when you see the differences (start around 14:00)

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 21, 2020

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

doingitwrong posted:

No stores in 250 miles for pickup. Congratulations to everyone in the retail supply chain for finding a way to make buying an expensive toy feel frustrating and sad.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Still looking for a PS5
Still not paying scalpers

I could probably look for more hours each day, but I get so much capitalism in me that my loving stomach starts hurting

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Does anyone know of any drops today? It's me, I still don't have one

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Hey I'm in queue for Sony Direct. Here's hoping. Wait time is more than an hour, though. Is this the part everyone was mashing refresh at? Does that still work?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Guys, download Octoshop for Edge or Chrome. Navigate to a store page with a PS5. Press the Octoshop button. A very easy box comes up that checks stock at Walmart, Amazon, etc. You get a pop-up when there's stock for a particular item. It's not a bot that buys anything for, just lets you notify when one comes available for buy.

A function I didn't know it had, it gave me a notificaiton when Playstation Direct had stock.

Again, this won't automatically buy poo poo, just a pop-up when they are in stock (or anything else you want). It does not automate anything.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Jose Oquendo posted:

What time did your notification for that pop?

It says 27min ago, but the message on the queue page says they updated the message "not guaranteed even if in queue" at 1:29.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Hell yeah, that makes me feel better I think. Let's see if this pays off, I say as I vastly underestimate scalpers

E: Oh hey they are out of stock

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Even with an auto-refresh, a captcha, and a prayer

Oh well see you next time

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm also as real sad at a scalper as I can be before reminding myself that it is a toy. I say this to try and minimize that feeling, mostly. I also wish that they are left holding the bag somehow with consoles they can't sell at profit, as petty as that might sound.
There's like 30 pages of 1.2k PS5s on Ebay and poo poo, and it would delight me if nobody bought them.

Sorry for being a baby. I'm not into shoes and I don't go for the newest phones or graphic cards, so I have fortunately and thankfully been consuming garbage outside of influence from scalpers, so this brush with this kind of stuff kinda makes me sad.

E: The story posted here (?) of the dude being so happy for finding a ps5 for the low, low price of $800 and then the realization and choice to try and resell it for $1.5k reminds me somehow of playing the World of Warcraft auction house all those years ago.
E2: Might've been the ps5 reddit

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 4, 2020

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Holding both triggers everywhere makes DS pretty easy have to say

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I hope that goon got his PS5 from best buy just now. I had one in the cart before the website melted.

I know you guys could just get a bajillion dollars for scalping one, is there anybody just really loving good at this who would be satisfied with like two hundred & shipping for mercenary fighting this bullshit? I don't even know if that's allowed and I'm not trying to hurt anyone.

I'm really loving bad at getting a ps5 you guys gently caress

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

IcePhoenix posted:

I kept getting an error when trying to add to cart lol

It said "Please Wait" for me then the little window crashed.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I had no idea, thanks for the update there. Also, I just want you to say you are a good poster and I read everything you say in an Ian McShane voice.
The thought of a warehouse full of PS5s is optimistic for me.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 15, 2020

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I popped up yellow "add to cart", now it just went to "please wait..."

E: This is what I'm reduced to. Staring at this Best Buy page with no indication that nothing will even happen, no idea what to do, or what I'm doing wrong lol.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 15, 2020

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Colonel Whitey posted:

It kept allowing me to select different locations for pickup, saying it would be available this weekend but when I'd select them it would say they're unavailable. Thought maybe they were still updating stock but looks like nope.

Same. Now it's back to Coming Soon.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Well gently caress I have to try. Good luck goons

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
steady walmart goons

STEADY

E: They added "arrives after Dec 25" lol

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
It's absolutely the game dude and it sucks

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
So what was that? 3 seconds?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yeah I was staring at my phone with the walmart app (loving puke) and the monitor. Maybe 3 seconds later they were gone. Maybe sooner.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

RatHat posted:

No, people are reporting that their Dualsenses are drifting already. It might not be the game.

I've spent over 3 hours in the character creator on PS4 Pro, and it will drift so far that it goes to different options. Like really far.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

dantheman650 posted:

Holy gently caress I got one!!!!!

I'm so happy for you my man.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Wait guys... WAIT

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Smashing "add to cart" at 2:19 on the Walmart phone app seems to work. Phone app in general is way loving faster...

I think I ... I t....hink

I think

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Unless Wal Mart sends me something saying they made a mistake, I think I did it guys... holy gently caress...

It gets here 1/8... considering shelving CYberpunk till then

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The phone app didnt need to refresh. There was always an "add to cart" button that I just spammed and got in. Get the phone app for your ps5 then delete that poo poo, goons.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Seems like A LOT of us got PS5s through Wal Mart the past couple of days, all set to receive in like mid Jan. I wonder if they have their stock yet? I'm seeing a lot of relieved people on reddit and stuff, and I'm getting kinda nervous they oversold!

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
So WalMart oversold and is cancelling orders...?

I read a scary article about it this morning then saw that it's no longer pending in my bank.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Dec 18, 2020

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Goon, if you also managed to snag a Wal-Mart PS5 with a Jan. shipping date, can you please post here if/when your tracker updates from "preparing order"?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Some people are saying their Wal Mart PS5s have shipped. I ordered mine at like the 3:20 drop on the 15th and it's still processing.

If any of you guys ordered a WalMart Ps5 and received a confirmation email that it was shipping, could you sound off please? I am curious

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I love TLOU2 that we got and that's also my answer

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I had to park my car in front of a mail truck one time and accuse the guy of stealing weed out of my mailbox, so I live in fear of the "yadda yadda yadda" when it comes to ps5 delivery

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I feel you, dude. That sounds stressful as hell. Whenever I've had to do that, I have that shaky flight-or-fight energy. I hate confronting people about poo poo like that.

I am going to camp outside when it shows up on FedEx. I don't give a gently caress. Also I know you got your package in the end, but it's pretty stacked against him. Maybe he knew someone in that other apartment?

E: It feels awful to look a delivery carrier in the eye and say, "Please don't steal my poo poo, man".

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Idk man. You could call if you wanted to, but I also have that same energy where it's like... gently caress, you made it, can we stop the stressing? I used to post on a message board while on probation, and nobody ever came back to say they completed the program or whatever, because they were done. I look forward to when I can delete all these loving apps and bookmarks and followed people when I have it in my hands, so I can't blame you if you just want to say it gently caress it and play Spider-Man.