Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

drat I really want one of those PS5 :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Hey, so Amazon said they'd sell some more consoles today (as it's the launch day here) and they said they would start at 1 pm so I sat there and nothing happened and they tweeted about how they will put it up shortly and people shouldn't freak out and then they put it up at like whatever and yeah it was gone in like 10 seconds and I think I''ll never get a PS5

That's my story, thanks for listening.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Really want one of those fiver PSes....

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The only bad options in an options menu are "motion blur" and sometimes "chromatic aberation", everything else is fine in my book.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I finally managed to get a PS5!

Is there any chance to still get Bugsnax for free?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Chuka Umana posted:

Has the supply improved? I gave up a few months ago.

Here in Europe it's the worst it has ever been, actually. Rumours are that a lot might still sit on the Ever Given.

But I managed to do something good for someone, setting up/improving their homeoffice and homeschooling setup, and let's say they are very nice to me, have way too much money and got me one from heck knows where (I assume eBay) as I refused to take money, but saw that nice PS5 in their home and went "oh how I'd like one of those...". Gonne pick it up friday.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Agreed. They should also replace the "You died" with "You really aren't gud" once you enable them.

Joke aside, I wouldn't mind them. FROM games have such awesome world building that everyone should be able to explore these worlds.

e: didn't some of them have like "Press review modes"? I seem to remember something about the Bloodborne DLC having one for press reviewers. Just make them available to all.

tuo fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jun 2, 2021

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Just give us the IGN mode for all games

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

JollyBoyJohn posted:

If Sekiro had "easy mode" id have got to the end but itd be way less memorable than stopping 2/3rds through and realising i just didn't have "it".

I don't know...I came to a point in Celeste where I realized I no longer have fun, and I am not enjoying the game any more and I might have run out of skill, but I was pretty close to the end and wanted to see it, so I enabled assist mode and didn't regret it. Depends on the game, of course.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

VideoGames posted:

I definitely feel more accomplished for having beaten Sekiro myself. I would never have touched it this time last year and did think easy modes were not a problem. I still do not. I would not even mind if Sekiro had an easy mode.

The feelings you get from finishing a FROM game are hard to describe, I agree. And I am super happy that I managed to beat all of them (never played DeS, will start on Friday). But I think it's also just realizing if you are at a point where you are 100% sure that you don't possess the skills to master the next challenge, or the practise for it is no fun for you (like with Celeste for me).

I'm sure if Sekiro would have had an easy mode, my poor self control would have made me enable it after dying to the guy in the dojo right before Genichiro like 50 times. I was not able to parry his unsheating-sword-attack. And I didn't improve with each try, like you normally do in FROM games. I just died the same way over, and over, and over, over a couple of days.

Then someone told me to check if my TV was in game mode, and I beat him one or two tries later after enabling that....there was just this slight amount of input lag/screen lag that made him impossible for me. If it wouldn't have been for that simple fix, I think I would have gone "easy mode" (whatever that would mean in such a game)...or actually would have dropped it, as I weren't that far.

tuo fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jun 2, 2021

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

JollyBoyJohn posted:

On a positive note i think its good if accessibility options means i never need to hammer tap the loving x button for the rest of my life

this

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Regarding the FF7R Yuffie DLC: if I understand it right, I can buy it as a DLC if I own the PS4 version and the basically get the PS5 version + DLC, correct?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

depends, did you buy the PS4 version, or was it the PS+ freebie?

if the former, you just need to pay I think $20 for the Yuffie DLC, PS5 update is free. If the latter, you'll have to pay for both I believe.

Yeah, I bought it. Sounds good, thank you :)

I said come in! posted:

The DLC is PS5 only, and requires the purchased version, not the PS+, it can only be played with the PS5 enhanced update that releases next week.

Then I'm fine! Thank you, too, kind goon!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Doom: Eternal might have one or two mechanics that could have been trimmed/optimized, but I think I haven't played a game in years where once it "clicks", the flow you get into during the battles is just sooooo good. Everything just feels "right", and the whole puzzle suddenly snaps together.

One can argue that the DLCs (especially the first, allthough I have to replay it since they fixed some enemy placement/combination) force you a bit too much into using weapon mods that weren't good.

The storytelling might bother people, but it's worth it imo to just ignore it if it bothers too much.

The worst thing about Doom: Eternal for me is that I basically struggle to replay Doom 2016, because I miss exactly that flow of combat, the movement options etc.

Shame about the whole Mick Gordon meltdown in regard to DLC soundtrack though, and about the kinda unfinished parts in the last half hour of DLC2 (guess they had to get it out of the door in regard to the season pass).

Looking forward to playing the Necromunda game, since I hear it's a lot like Doom Eternal, though a bit riddled with bugs at the moment.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I have no idea what the "bunger bunger bunger" thing was so I just watched a youtube vid and I definitely need bugsnax now

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

From the videos I saw it gives me a "Rage 2 combined with Doom: Eternal" vibe in regard to combat, and I really liked combat of both. I think it's also like 40$ or so? So I'll just wait a bit and try it during a sale it's on. Enough to play at the moment anyway :/

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Akuma posted:

The only exception being the marauders where you have to use a specific weapon a few times before they're dead.

There are a lot of ways and gun combos to defeat marauders, not just one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-e5OPZOcvY

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Vikar Jerome posted:

tbf, those are the nerfed marauders but i agree.

They nerfed marauders? WTF?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Andrew Hulshult has done the music for like every good retro FPS in the last few years, his soundtracks for Dusk and Amid Evil are great

His "Into Sandy's City" cover is just absolutely perfect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbzoTo75LyU

I like what Mick did by combining it into the D:E theme, it's way more abstract, but Hulshult's is a perfect modern adaption without loving with it too much.

His work on the DLC soundtrack is really good, but Gordon just had that special thing about his work. So sad he burned all those bridges :/

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

my favorite part about the door is that it became this internet touchstone when Square never fixed it, and then when it was finally shown in the PS5 version it's like the most detailed door of all time like they probably had a team of 30 people working on that ultra premium next generation door experience

It kinda reminds me of the water scene in the recent Paper Mario game. I like such small easter eggs...

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Found time to setup the PS5, and oh my god that controller! I heard the dpad kinda sucks, but oh my god the rest of it...

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Looks similar to a Kinderriegel, imo

e: I like the idea of measuring the amount a game is worth in Kinderriegel per game

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

CDPR owes me at least a box of Kinderriegel plus two Milchschnitten for Cyberpunk 2077 :argh:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

most games have so much detail that my eyes get bored of looking at it all

The human eye can only see 24 +/- 2 details at one time anyway, so with two of them, you can see maaybe 52...that's it. It's a proven fact. That's why performance mode is way better, as each eye can see 24 frames per second and 30 fps clearly make one of your eyes mostly useless.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

Please do not make me think about Kirby with teeth

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Best cheese is throwing poo poo at the capra demon

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

smoobles posted:

Guessing it's the PS4 version still?

It is, and Sony is actually warning people not to buy it on base PS4s due to performance problems. I think that's a first?

e: Sony statement: “SIE can confirm that Cyberpunk 2077 will be re-listed on PlayStation Store starting June 21, 2021. Users will continue to experience performance issues with the PS4 edition while CD Projekt Red continues to improve stability across all platforms. SIE recommends playing the title on PS4 Pro or PS5 for the best experience,”

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

same for me, but upside down

Actually took me a while to figure that out. Thought the Disc is broken or something...

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Good page, imo

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Kirios posted:

120 fps seems like such crazy overkill when we aren't even getting 60 fps reliably... And that usually means you're losing 4k or raytracing. It feels like we are chasing something the current hardware isn't ready for.

It's a good target for PSVR2, though.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Damnit I missed Veeg's stream. Are they alright?

e: what an awful pagesnipe

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

VideoGames posted:

It is an incredible experience.

Once you are finished with the game, you'll never forget it. It's one of those games where I can only laugh at the notion that games can't tell stories well or shouldn't even try. TLOU2 is a masterpiece, and it etched itself into my brain. It had some of the most memorable scenes in gaming, paired with a presentation that was just incredible.

TLOU2, Death Stranding, FF7R...they end of the PS4 era was a truly awesome and memorable time in recent gaming.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

This might be a bad opinion, but thinking about where Veeg currently is in the game, and what's coming, I just had to think about Apocalypse Now, once you watched it, and you watch it again, and you exactly know whats left, and how the tone will shift even further....

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Wholeheartedly agree. Similar to the first game it shows you things you don't expect and may not be prepared to process right away, or even immediately afterwards. It all sinks in quite slowly and is unforgettable.

In hindsight, I'm actually interested in how long I just sat there after the ending. Like...I just sat there, and took it all in. I have no idea if it was minutes, half an hour? An hour? One of those moments where I lost touch to everything around me.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I actually envy you....I'd give a lot to experience TLOU2 the first time again...someone finally invent those red flash thingys from Man in Black!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The Perfect Element posted:

I have started metro exodus, and while it is truly gorgeous, I think coming to it straight from tlou2 makes the plot, script and acting seem frankly pretty amateurish.

:lol: I also just started Metro Exodus and boy do I have an opinion about the storytelling and eurojank...

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

VideoGames posted:

This year I will be playing a lot of games for the first time that people here have played. I am exceptionally lucky :)

My top ten list for this year is going to be stacked. Utterly stacked. I mean, I have to figure out an order from these games:

The Last Guardian, TLOU1, TLOUII, Dark Souls, DS2, DS3, Sekiro, Demons Souls and I still have half the year to go. Goodness.

Definitely take a look at Ghost of Tsushima. I was pretty surprised as someone who doesn't really like open-world games, it has a pretty decent to good story, is visually absolutely stunning, and a blast to play, imo.

e: also I'm really happy with the PS5 update to the Terminator game, just hope they fix the crashes. Then again, my love for the (original) Terminator franchise might blind me, but I still think it's a decent game that becomes a good game if you like Terminator. No idea how it got the bad reviews it got, or actually completely flew under the radar. It's a cookie cutter looter/crafting/skill-tree FPS, but set in the (future) Terminator Skynet war scenario, and sports some really good graphics and oozes athmosphere for the small budget it had. Worth picking it up on sale, imo.

tuo fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jun 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Yeah, like "oh my god I'm so glad you're okay, also this is the story so far my dear, and please do not do that thing again you are not allowed to do, oh you did it again, but why, WHY, and yeah, the further story so far and - oh wait my dad - and ah you're dead....no, you are still alive, that's great, so further details about the story so far and oh wait here is my dad again and look, he is screaming at us with things that make this all completely different and new and WOW would you believe it? And you were right all along so LETS loving GO!"

That's when I put down the controller last evening because I just had enough "exposition" crammed into two minutes of dialogue.