Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I can't think of another game that has made me constantly grin like a nostalgic idiot as much as astro's playroom does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

all set for a full weekend playing my new favorite console

the one on the bottom, i mean

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Celexi posted:

That doesn't seem to have adequate ventilation.

Nah the cdi only draws around 30 watts max

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

RatHat posted:

Do I want to ask what those tentacles are?

It’s a tablet holder
There’s also these extra fans I plan to stick behind the bench to pull more hot air out

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I will only buy a RDR remake if it retains all the stuff that made the PS3 version great, like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFoMvLmfFEY

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYdCvN-ukRY

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

my ps5 has a chimney now

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223451362549 and https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3940535

the duct really restricts airflow but it seems to get the job done

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Fix posted:

I'm gonna turn the mic off first, OK?

Yeah this is the true first thing everyone should do when they get their PS5, you can go to Settings -> Sound -> Microphone -> Microphone status when logged in and select "Mute"

Not so much because of privacy reasons, but because the dualsense reduces the strength of the haptic feedback and internal speaker while the microphone is active to avoid picking up too much noise.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

There’s some pretty neat terrifying bugs in this console, I had Miles Morales freeze and play insanely loud static for a few seconds before the PS5 powered itself off, then refusing to turn on through the controller. Hitting the front power button a couple times started it back up, forced a scan of internal and external storage before sitting at a black screen forever.

I turned it back off by holding the power button again and it booted normally on the second try, I’ve disabled now HDCP since some people claimed it helped them stop crashing.

I’m pretty sure the PS4 crashed a bunch on launch too, not too worried about it yet.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

the best and coolest thing about the ps5 for me has easily been that i could give away my old ps4 pro to my family with full access to the 150 odd PSN games i managed to squeeze onto the 2tb internal drive since the ps5 doesn't interfere with the activation status of the old console

i hope there's no plans to change how that works over time

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

where is our The Last Guardian ps5 framerate fix dammit :mad:

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

just grab the cheapest mini system or obsolete surround receiver you can find, you should be able to find some for free where parts of it stopped working, and the actual amplifier is usually the last thing that dies

combine it with any reasonably large speakers and crank up the bass, it will be an epiphany after being used to integrated flat tv speakers

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i can't sleep at night unless my tv is firmly bolted to a wall

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

ow my neck hurts, my first five hours of returnal was way too tense
the pacing feels amazing though, i hope i don't end up bouncing off some impossible boss eventually

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Beating the first boss with a 1 pixel wide sliver of health left on my third try felt amazing, I wonder if Returnal does anything sneaky with the difficulty behind the scenes to nudge players along or if it is purely based on random item luck and skill.

There's some really nice and slightly mean game mechanics where you hardly get any money for items if you only plink enemies at a safe distance since all the dropped obolites disappear after a few seconds.
If you want to actually have money for items you have to keep your andrenaline maxed out at the same time as you get right up in enemies faces which is tricky.

I'm seeing a bunch of new rooms added for the first biome after unlocking the second and dying on the second boss which is cool

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Yeah the hollowseeker rules, doubly so if you get one with shield breaker as the secondary

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

It happened again! Die 2nd area boss! Die!
The bosses in this game are buttclenchingly good

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Beating the third boss and the stuff directly after it made Returnal my favorite game since god of war on ps4. :drat:

And the boss fight itself was insanely good. I lucked out on having tons of protection and healing consumables (three small, one large) and could tank the fight on the second try without knowing the patterns. The Hollowseeker is still my weapon of choice, waving it at groups of enemies is enough to keep them staggered and reduce the number of incoming attacks to dodge.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I got trolled hard by the parasite removal machine on an otherwise great run, usually i grab the nearest crap parasites without paying attention just to remove them all for money but one of them was the "detaches after reusing one consumable, triggers a malfunction on detach" type and sure enough it cursed me with a "picking up items causes damage" malfunction after going in the machine

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i hate every gun that isn't a hollowseeker, carbine or pistol

i wonder if you could just avoid unlocking the others and increase your chances of receiving a good weapon or if they are all forced upon you eventually

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i am exceptionally bad at games and i made it to the end credits of returnal today.
i think that means anyone can do it.

the trick for me was to clear out all of biome 4 with a hollowseeker and be aggressive about picking up dropped obolites to the point where i had the money for a stupid amount of healing items, then it was a continuous run to the end

i wonder how much more fun stuff there is to unlock, i ran through the first three biomes again after finishing the game and it's crazy how easy they feel now

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

you can also run straight past a surprising amount of rooms on your way to the boss, just make sure to enable the "always sprint" option in the menu and get used to moving around in turbo mode

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i taped down the foot on my horizontal ps5 so it wouldn't keep falling off
not the most amazing design ever, someone should make replacement plates that just turn the console into a square VCR style box

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

2 is nice to practice movement and dodging since it is more open and with less bottomless pits than biome 1, i spent most of my time there until something clicked and i made it to biome 5 in one run
mastering dodge strategies and crowd control is the key to making it all the way through i think, it doesn't matter that the late game enemies hit hard as long as they don't hit you :v:

the enemy that i hated the most in the whole game was the Severed that can lock on to you with a sword swipe from across the entire room. prepare to die a lot until you learn when to dodge that attack, especially when facing two or three at the same time

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Yes, there's a shortcut that becomes permanent after finding the source of the signal so you don't have to go through that entire tower gauntlet again to fight the boss

I always took the detour through biome 2 to go weapon hunting and grabbing some powerups before retrying the tower but when I finally got through it I had such a lucky run that the third boss went down on my first attempt.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The astronaut item is randomly available in every fabricator room, the only issue is that the fabricator in biome 2 always spawns after the shortcut to the boss, so you have to venture into more dangerous rooms to find it

A large health vial is half the price and heals you about the same amount as long as you trigger it in time. My most successful runs are when i have 2-3 heal items stockpiled in a boss fight.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Same story here, Returnal is the most intense fun I've had with a game in years and I never had any bugs or crashes. But I get that people like different things, I never managed to get into a single Souls game. Couldn't even finish Bloodborne with massive duplication glitching when that was an option :(

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

you have access to the most delicious fast food right there on your playstation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_sGFSFIKIA

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Help i got the super secret returnal ending and i still can't stop playing
I might be stuck in a time loop :(

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Morpheus posted:

Boy Oh Boy those flying robot shits in biome 3 can suck a dick but at least I'm pass that and doing well here comes biome 5 now and oh gently caress ooooooffffffffffffffffff you stupid pieces of poo poo.

If you think you're angry now just wait until you get your rear end handed to you by what's waiting for you under the water :haw:

(get revenge by unlocking the portal beam on the hollowseeker)

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The correct PS5 orientation is on top of a philips cdi
It's a match made in heaven

and you don't have to worry about the cdi overheating, there's a pair of 120mm fans in the back keeping it cool

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i skipped over tlou2 because i don't want to become an accomplice to high fidelity virtual dog murder
i don't see that changing on the ps5, they brag about all the accessibility options in the game but there's no option for unkillable dogs :woof:

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

If you're completely finished with Returnal and still have no idea what the heck the story was about then this does a good job of piecing it all together for you.
Spoilers obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9M_7AhWE_M

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

McCracAttack posted:

Which one? I'm curious to know.

the redesigned ps5 will not include a GPU since the entire world production of graphics processors is going to dogecoin mining operations
fortunately the 3d audio processor is good enough that you can get through most games with just sound

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Did you increase the aim assist and enable always run?

I think my total play time is about 2 days and 14 hours and I've gotten to the end credits three times now with about 50 deaths. I'm usually terrible at games and give up quickly but Returnal felt so rewarding I couldn't stop. Mastering dodge strategies and unlocking crazy weapon powerups will get you there eventually.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Hopefully they are hard at work making an Astrobot title for the next generation PSVR

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

haveblue posted:

The biggest flaw in TLG is that, while Trico can poop, and the poop stays in the world as persistent objects, and you can pick up the poop and carry it around and throw it, you cannot use the poop to solve physics puzzles

I'm getting conflicting information here

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I want to play a Horizon prequel set during the Faro plague and all the grim events leading up to the completion of the zero dawn project. It kinda sucked that they had all this really cool freaky world lore that you could only read and listen to.

quote:

TO: Robert Rescher
SUBJECT: Dolphin Vid

Bob,

Another problem to add to our big steaming pile. Apparently a fisherman in the Banda Sea captured video of a Hartz-Timor Horus unit refueling via biomatter conversion along the shoreline of Pulau Wetar. On a pod of endangered dolphins, no less, quite possibly the last of their kind. Not to get graphic, but it looks like what happens inside a blender, as if the robot was whipping up a big pink swirling milkshake of dolphin chum. Our suppression team has scrubbed it from 43 networks, but it's still propagating, so it's only a matter of time before it goes viral. A prepared statement feels grossly insufficient. Any suggestions? This one's a real stinker.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I was terrified this thing was going to come back to life in horizon zero dawn

I am terrified this thing will come back to life in horizon forbidden west

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Sonic '06 Remastered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The most magical thing that can happen in tlg is whenever the AI messes up a key event and just watches you plummet to your death, it's part of what makes Trico feel so alive