Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What if it is FF7... but it's the port of the original

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Not a Children posted:

Is Tomb Raider not one of theirs, it was available in January

They tend to play a little more fast and loose with games developed by their subsidiaries, I think Deus Ex Mankind Divided was on PS+ too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FF7R is really good, I should probably actually beat it lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RichterIX posted:

Thinking back on it I think a big problem with Odyssey for me was performance on base PS4. I can't believe I never heard much outcry about how lovely it was, load times on death were often measured in minutes. Maybe it was something wrong with my old PS4 but I didn't have problems on any other game.

I just beat Odyssey on base PS4 a few weeks ago and the load times are pretty bad yeah.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The scope of the world is impressive in Odyssey but it's way too loving long for its own good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Play Spider-Man it kicks rear end.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gaius Marius posted:

Why would you link me to a video of some nerd talking about the game for three hours, who the gently caress cares about his opinion?

Last of Us one looks and plays okay, but the story is boring and it prevented Naughty dog from making good games like Jak and Dexter

Tim Rogers is cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

He did a 6 hour long video on Tokimeki Memorial. You have to admire his dedication at least

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dewgy posted:

I thought the clunky shooting was kinda rad tbh, when you’re used to it it’s pretty easy but it’s the rare action game where your ammo counts usually aren’t past the single digits, so missing shots and having to panic is just part of the flow.

TLoU2 nerfed bricks though, and it makes me sad.

I never realized how OP bricks are in the original until I watched a speedrun from GDQ

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Listen Jack, the American people need their Nintendos

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fridge corn posted:

I still have absolutely zero desire to play TLOU2. I wonder if that will ever change

Despite some issues with the narrative it was good imo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fridge corn posted:

I'm not trying to say it's a bad game or anything but the first one did nothing for me so the idea of spending another 25-30 hours in that world with these characters just seems like a chore

That's totally fair.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FFXV has some issues but overall I enjoyed it and I'm glad I played it because it does have a really emotionally impactful ending

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The World of Ruin stuff in FFXV was a cool callback to FFVI but the fact that you can't actually explore it is weak for sure

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dewgy posted:

What’s the last Japan Studio-only game? They usually seem to be a support studio working with someone else, so they may be refocusing to be better at that.

Looks like uhhhh Knack 2 lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Instead of playing Outriders, why not play the classic Konami run and gun arcade hit Sunset Riders

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PlayStation

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sorry but I don’t care for roguelite elements unless the game is called Hades

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Clears throat* Solar rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just kidding it looks fine.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Deathpoop.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol awesome. Yuffie ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Final Fantasy VII: Time Crisis

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Escobarbarian posted:

What did I miss in the last 150-ish messages

Every video game ever made is coming to PS5 for free

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

JBP posted:

It has like four games for adults but I'm sure people that post on and read twitter like the rest of the library.

????

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What’s a game for adults

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

For some reason I can’t get excited about Deathloop despite loving Arkane’s past few games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

cubicle gangster posted:

It's a free upgrade to the ps5 version if you already bought it. And if you got the game on ps+, the upgrade path to native ps5 will likely be a $20 DLC (although they have not named a price, there will be one).

It's not really unfair at all. They could have chosen to make everyone pay to update to the ps5 version. The way it'd done original owners get the upgrade free, non-owners get the base game free, everyone gets something and nobody feels short changed (except for people who somehow want everything for free)

I want everything for free

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

True gamers have owned the game since launch. Early Adopters Stay Winning

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

KH1 is a lot of fun but it's very slow to start and quite janky. The platforming in particular is not good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

cvnvcnv posted:

A great number of things can be gratis with no negative impact from a personal, inward-looking view of things but there's invaluable social utility in the exchange of one thing for another, a signing of the social contract, which would be terrible and shameful to abstain from, especially anything obtained in person. The download of a hideo fame is perhaps toward the very bottom of the list but all the same, a life where everything was free seems perverse in the worst kind of way.

I'm not talking about the value of yards of linen compared to coats here. I just want free games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Karl Marx failed to consider free video games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

man nurse posted:

Gee whiz you guys I’m starting to think games might be products that people make and then sell in exchange for money

Kinda hosed up if true

The people who make them aren't the same as the people who sell them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Vikar Jerome posted:

you are correct, entire game in here, no need to wait!

50Hz? No thank you

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ineffiable posted:

So what's everyone playing this weekend?

I finished my my Nioh 2 playthrough with Segaholic and I'll probably revisit Alone in the Dark (ps3) and another indie game (manifold garden maybe) before Yakuza comes out next week.

I don’t have a PS5 yet but I’m playing the PS4 version of Miles Morales which is quite fun and still looks and runs fantastic even on my base model :)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Titanfall 2 kicks rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

nerg are you playing iceborne at all?

I haven’t played MHW in a long rear end time tbh though I’m thinking about picking up Rise when it’s out.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dad of War is about slowly climbing up a cliff to hide load times

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Why would I play god of war when I could watch Thor (2011), Thor: The Dark World (2013), Thor: Ragnarok (2017), Loki (2021) and Thor: Love and Thunder (2022) instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Vikar Jerome posted:

the best part of GOW 2018 post-game is pablo and beanpole, hands down.

👏