Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I said come in! posted:

I dont think you can change the shipping address after ordering. Talking with Amazon chat might be able to do it though, but its not something you can do on your own.

You can just go into your orders, select view/edit order, and there's an option to change the shipping address.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Crafty posted:

I’ve always played the souls/bloodborne games way, way after release - so never got invaded (except by people that were 2 years deeper into the levelling system than I was). For that reason it was rare but annoying.

Do people like getting invaded/invading ? The concept sounds amazing, just being an annoying prick mixing in with the enemies and killing the player but it usually turned into hide and seek for me.

I've only done casual playthroughs of DS3 and Bloodborne and the invasions were always kind of nerve wracking. Despite being bad at these games I would end up winning the fight more often than not but I'm sure I was violating some "etiquette" of these games. I've seen people go on rants about other players using healing items or whatever which I'm more than happy to do because I was trying to make progress in the game when you invaded me.

The idea of raiding another player's game can be fun but I prefer how it's done in the Watch Dogs series where it's an amusing distraction but losing isn't going to set you back in any way.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

That's the first time I've seen any mention of save data. If that's going to be the norm I guess I'll be holding off on grabbing any of the new cross-buy games ahead of the PS5 release.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Policenaut posted:

Uhhh Invasions aren't in the game at launch though??? WTF?

That's especially weird given the delay, but I'm fine with waiting for invasions to be added before playing since there's so much else coming out in the fall. For some reason the PS5 version doesn't even release until November 24.

edit: actually according to that video the PS5 version does release on the 12th, but retailers still have it listed for the 24th. Weird.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 6, 2020

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

The Cameo posted:

I mean, it’s not like they’ve ever shut down Crackle.

They actually sold their stake in Crackle last year.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

univbee posted:

What the gently caress? Ubisoft confirmed a separate list of their own games that won’t be PS5 compatible.

Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Trilogy Pack
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles India
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles China
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Russia
Risk
Star Trek Bridge Crew
Werewolves Within
Space Junkies

If you look at the playstation store page for these there is a blurb stating "When playing on PS5, this game may exhibit errors or unexpected behavior and some features available on PS4 may be absent. To play this game on PS5, your system may need to be updated to the latest system software. See PlayStation.com/bc for more details."

There are around 100 games with the same warning.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

AllisonByProxy posted:

Played the first hour of Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Seems cool so far but I'm going to save the rest for the PS5 version. Any chance the saves will be compatible?

Saves are supposed to be transferable through that Ubisoft Connect thing but I don’t know exactly how it works. You probably need an Ubisoft account.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

My Amazon order shipped 15 minutes ago. Walmart is still at preparing order but allegedly arriving tomorrow, and Target is preparing to ship but scheduled to arrive on the 18th.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

MrMidnight posted:

3 pre-orders? Good for you but some folks probably gonna be pissed reading that

Yeah. Originally I just did it for safety in case of any "we had to cancel your preorder shenanigans" and would have cancelled two of them but I did find friends who wanted them so I'm just selling them at cost. gently caress scalpers.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Got the first of three preorders in. Target, who all this time has said it would arrive between the 13th and 18th, managed to be the first one to arrive. Amazon should be here within the day. Wal-Mart ended up being the worst of the three. That one is scheduled to arrive tomorrow despite them promising it on release up until yesterday. They also didn't bother to update the order on the website until today despite it shipping yesterday, and they never sent an e-mail confirmation.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I had a couple of crashes on Miles Morales this weekend. I came out of rest mode in game and received a notification that a Bugsnax update was downloading. Miles kind of lagged for a few seconds then froze requiring a system reboot. Went back into the game and it froze again on the title screen of all places. Did another reboot and this time I waited until I got the notification that the Bugsnax update had finished downloading. Haven’t had the issue since.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

fridge corn posted:

I have a pair of Sony 1000xm3 headphones, will they pair with ps5? Anyone know?

Nope. I pair mine to my smart tv though. Don't notice any lag.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Isn't there supposed to be a way to view how far you've progressed toward a trophy? I'm sure it's a game by game implementation but I figured Spider-Man would have it and it'd be useful for all the "do something x amount of times" trophies.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Question for you videophiles out there. I was playing Miles Morales and noticed this odd pattern of artifacts faintly flickering in and out of existence. Hopefully it comes across in these photos taken from my phone:

You can hopefully see the weird dot pattern in the second photo. I went into the settings and turned off HDR which got rid of the problem. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the game, my PS5, or my tv (a 2018 Samsung QLED). I'm using the HDMI cable that came with the system. Any troubleshooting advice would be appreciated as I'm not even sure what to google here.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

So the captcha does nothing but slow down actual humans. Neat.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Veotax posted:

So is the PS5 version of Watch Dogs Legion not out or something? I'm putting the disc in the drive and I can't find any option to download the PS5 version. Only play the PS4 version.

The PS5 version doesn’t release until the 24th for some reason.

Edit: actually that may just be the physical version. It seems to be available on PSN.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 19, 2020

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Vikar Jerome posted:

So, uhh, crashes in miles are common right? Just had one during this rhino fight. Weird.

My experience with the game has been pretty rough. I’ve had two hard crashes where I had to reboot the system, two where the game just crashed to the Home Screen, three freezes while trying to fast travel, and one case where the game just sort of bugged out and wouldn’t let me do anything because I talked to the pigeon man to start his quest while a podcast was still playing.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

MechaSeinfeld posted:

So Samsung TVs don’t have real HDR?

Your tv might still have HDR. My understanding is the HDR+ mode is used to make non HDR content look like it's HDR, but they got rid of it on newer tv's because it was just confusing. Pretty sure it's always disabled in game mode anyway.

Speaking of HDR on Samsung tv's. I posted this the other day but didn't get a response. Anybody know have any idea what's going on with this weird artifacting I get flickering in and out of existence in Miles Morales when I have HDR enabled on the PS5?

You can hopefully see the weird dot pattern in the second photo. I went into the settings and turned off HDR which got rid of the problem. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the game, my PS5, or my tv (a 2018 Samsung QLED). I'm using the HDMI cable that came with the system. Any troubleshooting advice would be appreciated as I'm not even sure what to google here.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Nov 21, 2020

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Fedule posted:

That's definitely weird. Theory: colour bit fuckery. Go back to PS5 settings, go to Resolution (I think that's where this next thing lives) and see if it still lets you choose between YUV420, YUV422 and RGB, and see if this happens consistently between all three of them.

If I check video output information it says it's using YUV422 but it doesn't look like there's an option to change it anywhere. Resolutions just gives you options for 1080p, 2160p, etc.

Edit: It appears to be caused by the film grain effect in the game's settings. I went in and turned that all the way down which seems to have resolved it. Weird.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Nov 21, 2020

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Oh no! I just got an email from Walmart letting me know that my preorder (which arrived last Friday) may be delayed by a day or two.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I'm not usually a hardcore trophy hunter but I've played three games on my PS5 (Miles Morales, Astro, Bugsnax) and platinumed them all. Trophies can be pretty nice when they turn a 10 hour game into a 13 hour game rather than a 60 hour game into a 150 hour game. Now I'm about to start Valhalla so the streak will likely be broken.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Rad Valtar posted:

You only have to play the main story missions again. I think it took me maybe 3 hours with skips.

Yeah, NG+ flies by. I knocked it down to the lowest difficulty and listened to a podcast while I played it. My only problem with it was only like a third of the cut scenes are actually skippable for whatever reason.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Sweet. Bought it on sale but never got around to playing it so I’m happy to hear the update is free.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

JazzFlight posted:

Also, I'm glad that adding free things via the store clearly says "Add to Library" instead of adding to cart and checking out, although it's dumb that they send you a separate email for each. single. one.

I had a brief moment of terror when I logged into my e-mail and saw a giant wall of "thank you for your purchase" messages before I realized that they were all from me claiming the games in the big PS4 collection.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Does this work with PS4 or just on PS5?

Argh like it matters I have too many games where I have one bronze for completing the first task or some poo poo and nothing else and so it’s suck with me forever.

It works on PS4. It’s actually been a feature for several years.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

tensai posted:

AssCred Vikings is such a pretty walking simulator. Not sure if I'm playing it wrong, but it seems to be long walks to blue or yellow dots, broken up by unsatisfying combat.

I don’t remember if the game ever even bothers to tell you this but you can hold the left button on the dpad to call a horse. Makes the walks to the points of interest go a lot faster.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Handsome Wife posted:

PSNow is streaming-only, right? I'd happily pay a fair amount for an expanded PS+ collection style service, but my home internet is garbage and I have absolutely no interest in streaming.

PS4 games can be downloaded, but earlier systems are streaming only.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

BGrifter posted:

Immortals Fenyx Rising and WatchUNDERSCOREdogs Legion are on sale for 50% off for the physical. The reviews are... unkind. I’m guessing it’s safe to wait till both hit bargain bin prices?

Also... fenyx? Really? :wtc:

I’ve heard good things about Immortals and plan to start it up this weekend. These days reviewers just seem to dock all Ubisoft games down to an 8/10 by default.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Agrias120 posted:

Nah, just that it seems to be based off of Assassin's Creed's movement system, which I don't enjoy. I don't give a poo poo about microstransactions.

Fenyx doesn't really feel all that much like AC. It's faster paced and has a lot more platformer DNA than I expected which honestly gives it some of the most fun traversal in any open world game I've played apart from Spider-Man. I don't even have to climb that much anymore since a lot of the mountains will have various rest points you can quadruple jump your way to. Once you get some upgrades you can pull off some crazy stunts as alternate solutions to some of the puzzle dungeons.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

History Comes Inside! posted:

Anecdotally I’ve read about Samsung TVs doing some weird poo poo with HDMI that makes the picture cut out sometimes or something so I’ve avoided them, someone else will probably say it’s not a thing though so YMMV.

I had this problem with the PS4 on my 2018 Samsung. It would always cut out once for a couple of seconds early in a play session. Doesn’t happen with the PS5 though.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Astro7x posted:

Just got notified that my hold at the library for Cyberpunk is ready. Should I even bother getting it? Heard how poo poo the game is... I assume that I can still download the PS5 version even if it’s off the store to purchase.

Eventually yes but there is no PS5 version at the moment. It just runs the PS4 version.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Franchescanado posted:

What was the consensus of Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time? Seems like it came and went without much fervor?

My friends just got a PS5 and one of them grew up on Crash Bandicoot and wants a platformer to play after Astro's Playroom, so it's either Crash or Sackboy.

If you like Crash it's the best of the series, although it's best to check any completionist tendencies at the door. It's not overly difficult for a casual playthrough but trying to get all the boxes and time trial relics will drive you mad. I liked it significantly more than Sackboy.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yo wtf the Immortals Fenyx Rising demo is so much fun even without being able to customize your character and all. I like this game... wasn’t sure that I would. I might have to buy it. It’s really charming and even as a usual AC apologist the combat is noticeably snappier here than something like AC Odyssey. I like that they don’t hide from the BotW influence at all because why bother, it’s Good Gaming. Who cares if it’s not the most original thing in the world if it’s a good time.

Does it hold up throughout the rest of the game pretty well?

I enjoyed it all the way through getting the platinum. Plenty of it will just be iterations on the same thing but they sprinkle in enough new ideas to keep things interesting. The character upgrade opportunities are pretty satisfying as well if you like feeling like an unstoppable badass by end game.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

its not an open world stealth assassination game without missions where you follow somebody for 5 minutes and get a fail state if they notice you or stray too far for more than 15 seconds

To be fair Assassin’s Creed hasn’t done that sort of thing for the last several games. You’re pretty much free to do whatever and the only fail state is death.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

The Human Crouton posted:

Also every boss has minions helping them out, which I though was universally hated by everyone.

It is pretty lovely boss design. I was able to tolerate it until the final boss of the foundation DLC which just got ridiculous with the enemy spam. I had avoided turning on assist mode until that point but by then I was burning out and just wanted to be done with the game.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Bardeh posted:

:geno: look a moogle

Can they not afford good voice talent for their huge popular game, or is that all meant to be part of the charm? The delivery on all the lines is so stilted and weird

It's not the voice cast that's the problem. They keep hiring Bob Buchholz to direct their biggest games and he manages to make even Disney's top-tier talent sound like garbage.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

eonwe posted:

excellent

speaking of, how is FFXV

and also, I have the Kingdom hearts All In One package, and I played the first hour of KH 1 and it was kinda painful. Does it end up picking up?

KH1 is pretty dated but if you only played the first hour then that was probably just hunting down coconuts and poo poo. It does pick up but the first two games have slow starts.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

El Diablo Bob O posted:

So, here’s my unnecessary two cents on the FF7R Standard issue by using my Persona 5 experience.

I’m playing P5 and thoroughly enjoying it, having just stolen the first macguffin. Today I decide to take a look at the general games forum and low and behold I come across a discussion about free standard vs. paid for, full feature games.

“Ha, ha” I chuckle to myself. “This is pretty hosed! It’s a good thing I don’t care about FF7R!”

I continue to read as some information I saw earlier about Persona kept rolling around in my head. Curious, I do some digging and find out that P5 has a “Royal” version with a ton of extra poo poo that can’t be save transferred because it adds so much! Nowhere on the game’s page says that the PSN Free version is the lesser, or that there even is a royal version. It certainly explains why there is a $60 DLC, but is it even the royal stuff?

I really like this game and it is quite disappointing to have to start over because of my ignorance over game versions. Maybe I’m not missing much with the standard version but I’m enjoying it enough to want it all.

I am aware that corpos gotta’ corp (:capitalism: ) but even if it’s for a game they are giving to you for “free” I feel that it’s still disingenuous and it set a shady precedence for what’s happening right now with FF7R.

At least people who actually paid for FF7R get the upgrade. Atlas just made everyone buy a new version of Persona if they want to play what any other game would have released as DLC.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

fridge corn posted:

Cool. Playing Maquette and clipped through the floor so I had to restart which took me all the way back to the start of the level. What a loving joke

I've had this happen and have also twice managed to make necessary objects irretrievable. For anyone who plans to play this make sure to keep a constant string of manual saves because these are some fragile loving puzzle setups and if the manual save gets you stuck in an impossible situation you'll need to repeat the segment from the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

GreenNight posted:

Speaking of which, AC Black Flag still worth a play through? $20 or so for it seems OK.

I loved at the time but the gameplay is fairly dated at this point so your enjoyment may depend on if you've spent much time with more modern open-world fare. If you haven't played AC Odyssey it's a modern AC game but still kind of similar to BF in that it's an island hopping adventure with ship combat. The gold edition of that one is only $25 right now.