Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
it's getting a little chilly so if my PS5 is blowing a bit of warm air that is okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Probably ending up with two PS5s as well, if a goon in the SF bay area wants one i'd probably sell it around cost 545$ (disc version) or whatever it is with sales tax

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Man still have a bunch of Yakuza games to play after Yakuza 4, and Thursday brings me a PS5 and Spiderman and Assasin's Creed Vallhalla, gonna be a nice Covid-winter.

Demon Souls seems fun but I feel like i'll suck at it, so i'll probably wait on picking it up. Watching the gameplay of it though.... wow it's pretty.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I am an rear end in a top hat about a lot of things but I have two PS5s on pre-order and just plan on selling the extra one at near cost because scalpers are just shiitty people.

Also when the economy picks up again making a few hundred dollars a day wont be a problem, i’d rather make someone a little happy for the holidays than weasel out a markup during a pandemic that is only getting worse.

I was quick in the preorders and lucked out but if I didnt get one on release I would just wait it out and never pay more than retail.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Glad to live in an area where I can leave my cars unlocked, must be nerve wrecking if youre in a big city. Although Covid should be keeling most people indoors.

Now it‘s just a race to see if my Target or Amazon order comes first, seems smarter to buy a few games digitally to avoid sales tax on 69.99 for Demon Souls/Spiderman LE. Although I ordered Valhalla physically

Glanced at the PS5 Reddit, man people are dying

infraboy fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 11, 2020

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
From what ive read the DualSense controller battery life is excellent possibly negating the need for a 2nd one for marathon gaming

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Amazon says order comingg in tomorrow by 8pm hurray! Target says next Wednesday which is pretty lol.

I guess Amazon just has all the transit infrastructure in place and Target/Walmart cant compete yet.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I was sort of in the opposite boat, wouldve been fine on my ps4 for a while but happened to be following the thread and watched the release stuff and goons happened to link the preorders when they popped up so I was able to snag a pre-order with not much drama, now im giddy like a schoolboy again.

Cant wait to get my face smashed in and yell at my TV playing Demon Souls (never played the ps3 version), but ill have Spiderman as a break.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
It's going to go from "Ship my loving console" to "Drive loving faster UPS/FEDEX"

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
100$ more for disced version is not that much more, and it plays ultra hd blu-rays to boot, a standalone player costs a lot more than 100$

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Was watching a stream of Demon Souls, man the early game looks easy and he goes to some level with a leech boss and dies constantly.... can't wait to play it myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHP9jbFzYqM

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I have a 2TB external with most of my ps4 games on it, in hindsight maybe would have been worth getting the 4tb version for a little more money but I don't think it'll be an issue.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
My UPS tracking number initially had it showing up by noon tomorrow, now it's by 9pm.

That means it's going to show up at like 8:50pm, bastards.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Oh lordy good luck getting those added to the cart.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I don't really blame Sony, production is probably difficult with certain bottlenecks for certain parts, along with huge demand from people staying at home and playing games. The Nintendo switch only seems relatively easy to get recently.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
In a messed up year it wouldn't surprise me to hear about delivery vans being ambushed and robbed tomorrow.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Costco getting an allocation is interesting, usually they get some stock after a console has been out for a while, it's a decent bundle with the extra controller and Spiderman.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I'd keep an extra controller and spiderman and sell the console for retail+tax but looks like they're shipping them out on the 23rd at the earliest.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I remember getting the original Wii on release day at Target and a few scalpers that got there early were stalking poor mothers all around target trying to goad them into buying it off them for like 100$ more than retail, it was really kind of creepy to watch. Hence if I did it I don't think I could ever wash the stink off myself.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Samurai Sanders posted:

It’s interesting to me when demand badly outstrips supply like this but the manufacturer decides not to adjust the price to the actual market price. I’d be interested to know the internal calculations behind that.

I doubt Sony is really making a profit on these at 399-499$ The idea is to sell as many consoles as possible and rake in the money from game sales.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Amazon seems to be the smoothest for me here on the West Coast, I got a pre-order in on the first day back in September and it's being delivered sometime today as promised. I think Amazon initially said there could be delays in deliveries due to demand but looks like they've stepped up their game.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
As a guy who has owned the first xbox, the 360, and the Xbone, the Series X really doesn't have anything interesting at launch, not super interested in the BC games either, anything potentially good for that system will be in 2021 in which I would decide. Demon's Souls and Miles Morales is a pretty good duo to launch the PS5 I think, and the PS4 BC games are way more appealing than the Xbox.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Literally bolted to the front door when I hear the bell ring.

I'm almost too scared to open it.

Thank you Amazon for always being awesome I don't understand why they get some bad press, and UPS for an early day delivery.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Josuke Higashikata posted:

that'd be the sweatshop working conditions, tax dodging, billionaire owner who pays workers minimum wage and fires people for having to take a piss on the job

So it's not hugely different from Walmart, maybe Target is a little better.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
The console is definitely an odd shape and a bit awkward to handle and get it on its stand and yeah it's pretty huge compared to the ol PS4. I'd love to have it vertical but i'd pretty much have to put it on the floor or behind my TV.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
This Astro's playroom is pretty drat fun while waiting for Demon's souls and Spiderman to download, the controller is impressive.

No issues or hiccups with downloading the updates or games

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I think SSDs get slower once they get on the full side so i'm thinking they are allocating 100gb or whatever so keep them from getting this effect.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
The Astro's playroom has to be the best freebie game since Super Mario that came with the SNES, makes fun use of the controller.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Demon Souls is beautiful, never played the PS3 version, and I suck at it so far but that isn't the game's fault.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I never plugged in my controller to fully charge, it ran dry after about 5 hours of demon souls, back to PS4 for a while, still have a few Yakuza games to play through

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
The USB-C cable that comes with the system is actually a bit too long, no big deal, i'm sure the controller lasts a lot longer since I was mostly messing around before getting into Demon's Souls.

I started pretty terrible at the game but I got the hang of parrying, strafing, and timing certain enemies, I spent like at least an hour trying to kill that first red knight only to find that I don't have a key to that door.

It's pretty much silent, I put in a PS4 disc game to install and you can hear the disc drive working but it doesn't sound loud or abnormal while installing.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I wonder what their daily production is and how they're allocating them to other countries, i'm sure they're cranking out as many as they can.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Target offering buy 2 get 1 free on games, too bad it doesn't include Demon's Souls or Spiderman, I kind of want to try Godfall but scared it looks like another Anthem.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Man i've picked up Demon's Souls, Spiderman, Valhalla, and Yakuza 7 (PS4 version gets an eventual PS5 upgrade) This should hold me over through the Winter among other games.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I'm a little scared of how much a 1-2TB nmve drive will cost that works with this system but hopefully in 2 years or so they aren't too bad.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I would imagine the Sony direct store gets their stock pretty fast, their shipping for PS plus members is hard to beat besides maybe Amazon prime.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I was playing Demon's Souls for at least 10 hours before the controller said it was running low. I might still get a second controller but might wait for other colors to come out.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I played the PS4 devil may cry 5 and it was pretty fun to play through, I find the hardest part is really just "looking cool"

Don't see myself rebuying the game for PS5 until it's on sale.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
People going crazy for PS5s is a great preview for what is going to happen when a few billion people need a Coronavirus vaccine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

why is Valhalla backordered everywhere? Is it really that good/popular? My Amazon order says it won't arrive til DEC 13th! That's almost a month from now. :argh:

It's part of the Target's 2 for 1 deal if you can find 2 other games you want off them, can be mixed and matched with website/pickup, that is what I did at least.