Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are
So far this thread has taught me rabbits are cuter and more fulfilling than a PS5. They also probably fit in an entertainment center much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are
Well now we all know how to disassemble a PS5 but we still haven’t seen the UI! Pretty cool video tho.

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are

Dewgy posted:

You can publish to “Activities” with an audience of “No one” to do it just on one account, then it shows up in the PS app.

This is what I do, but I agree it's not ideal and is hopefully more streamlined for PS5.

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are

Bust Rodd posted:

Was it Tim Robinson who made that really smarmy tweet about pre-orders who was like "To everyone who is upset that you couldn't order a PS5, just do what I do and walk into any store on launch and buy one!" I'm trying to find it so I can see how badly it ages.

Now I totally want a Tim Robinson PS5 preorder skit.

Did you ever preorder a PS5 and then you received an email from Amazon and they said you MIGHT get a PS5? And then Sony sends you a bag of toilet spiders in the mail which infest your bathroom and bite you every time you try to take a dump in your own toilet?? HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU???

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are
Did Sony confirm that we'll be able to play PS4 games off of regular external hard drives, or do you have to transfer them to the SSD to play them? Am I correct in assuming PS5 games can be stored on external drives (along with my PS4 games) and transferred to the SSD to play them?

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are
That's good news! I don't understand how it works, but would we still receive the benefits of the SSD on PS4 games if we're playing them off of an external drive?

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are

Leyburn posted:

Nothing will bomb harder than Destruction AllStars.

It's odd that we still haven't seen much gameplay. Honestly, we still haven't seen much gameplay from any of the launch titles aside from the showcase last month. Shouldn't there be more hype for the launch games considering they're releasing in three weeks?

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lolling at the idea of having a 4K 120hz tv, they must cost a fortune

I think 120hz is kind of the norm for 4k TVs these days. My 4k Sony is over a year old and has it.

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are
Got it on an Amazon sale for about $1500 for a 75". Its the XBR900F model.

vvv That makes sense.

DuffMayhem fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Oct 21, 2020

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are
Didn’t they announce it going gold recently??

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are

veni veni veni posted:

Pretty much the same trailer I posted a couple of weeks ago but this one has actual PS5 footage and confirms haptic (or at least adaptive trigger support)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p77ZV5nnlxw

Boy howdy I am excited for this. I'm sure you guys are shocked lol. it's not like I talk about Exodus absolutely every chance I get.

Wow that upgrade looks great! I made it a good ways through Exodus on PS4 Pro and while it's a pretty good looking game, the frame rate and loading times were pretty rough. I'm looking forward to diving back in once the PS5 version drops!

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are
Jeez area 5 in Returnal is no joke. Biggest roadblock I’ve hit by far. If I don’t get the pylon driver I’m toast and even when I do get it I just get worn down on health after endless swarms of rockets and big guys. This area seems endless!

Horizon 2 looks great.

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are

Timotheous Venture posted:

A lot of the rooms (minus the challenge room with the three waves of enemies) you can just run through. Don't feel like you need to fight everything each time you're there. If you do want to kill everything, there's no shame in popping through a door just long enough to grab the attention of a few enemies and then kiting them toward you as you back out the door and pick them off from a distance.

WARNING BIOME 5 SPOILERS: There is no boss for biome 5. Once you get the three keys and open the big door in the hub area you simply pick up a suit upgrade that let's you access the next biome (and skip 5 entirely on future attempts, should you so desire). So don't feel like you have to clear everything out and load up on artifacts for a big boss fight.

Good advice thanks. Yeah, I’m compelled to kill everything and I do door snipe at times, but I may try charging thru some of the more difficult rooms.

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are

bows1 posted:

Ratchet has certainly caused a ton of hard locks for me. 3 times I’ve tried to shut the game down and it freezes, full green screen with no controller functions, to a hard shut down. Only game that has had any bugs for me. Still fun, but sheesh

Ratchet completely hosed my PS5 to the point that I haven't played it again since it came out. I ended up riding a snail to an island on the dino level and seemed to be stranded, so I loaded a checkpoint and it completely froze my PS5. Gave it 10 mins and after nothing happened I did a hard reset by holding the power button on the console. The system rebooted into safe mode and did not allow any option other than a factory reset! I tried rebooting a few more times and this was all it would allow me to do. I had to reformat, reinstall my games and download my save files from the cloud which was an annoyance but whatever, but I am a huge screenshot and video whore and everything was completely wiped which really pissed me off.

I've purchased every Sony console and have never experienced the amount of issues the PS5 has and it's really annoying. I had to stop using rest mode after the third time the system completely wiped my external HDD! I love Sony, but this is inexcusable and they need to fix this poo poo. Also, allow us to create game folders you cowards! Rant complete.

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are
I know other people have had similar issues and just kind of assumed this was normal for PS5 at this point. Are there really people out there who have had zero issues with their systems?

I guess it couldn't hurt to contact support and see if they can just send me a replacement unit.

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are

Oxxidation posted:

i had one megacrash for miles morales but everything else has been standard "crash to homepage" stuff and not too common. you mentioned an external HDD, are you sure it's one of the compliant models?

I haven't checked on HDD compatibility but it's the same Seagate I used on my PS4 pro. I'll verify when I get home later today. Is there a definitive list of compatible drives? A quick google search just gave me a bunch of "best drives" lists.

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are
This is exactly what happened to me except when it rebooted it forced me to factory reset. I was able to back out to the UI initially, but then the close task process also froze. It has happened to me a few times before and I always unplugged - this was the first time I reset by holding the power button and then I was hosed. Not sure if it would've made a difference if I had unplugged. Use caution!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are
Has anyone had issues with auto-capture not working? It worked great for a few days and now it’s stopped uploading to the app. I don’t know if there’s a cap but I’ve recorded like 15 Elden Ring vids. I double checked my settings and nothing has changed so not sure why this happened. If only there was a manual upload option!