Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

shrike82 posted:

lol what's up with this yodel service that people seem to be bitching about everywhere

VideoGames posted:

Yodel is the worst delivery company in the UK. I had constant problems with them that if I found out they were delivering something then I would cancel it.
Once I was sat by the door to catch them out and they walked up to my letter box, pushed the "We missed you" letter through the door and walked away. I opened the door and asked what he was doing and he said he had missed me.

I stood there for a moment because it was just such a bizarre moment. Turns out my package was actually buried underneath a ton of others and he did not want to find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I worked for GAME 10 years ago and yeah, it is pretty much Gamestop.

They got mad when I quit for a better paid job and I reminded them that once during the christmas rush I sold 19 PS3s and 27 Xbox 360s and my wages for that day was £37.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am going to try to buy a PS5 today!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
What is the sony direct link for the UK?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Thank you my friends :)

Holy moly:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
No I was gawking at the traffic. Once the queue let me in I tried to add it to my basket and the site crashed. No luck at Currys. I did not try Game because of the potential of Yodel messing me up and I guess my last chance is Amazon.

It would have been nice to get one delivered for my birthday in a few days.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

keep hope alive, swollen pink mod

Either I will get it, or I will wait :) Waited a year to play Outer Worlds, Borderlands 3 and the Outer Wilds, I can wait for the console too! I did not even get a PS4 until 3 years into its lifecycle. This will just be a nice bonus :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I think Amazon is too hammered.
It is a shame I cannot buy one, be put into a queue and just get it shipped whenever it is my turn.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

holy poo poo, yodel staff are straight up stealing peoples ps5s. they keep getting reported as missing 2 mins after getting collected

The surprise levels I have for this have plummeted beneath the atlantic ocean and out into space. Yodel are the absolute worst delivery company I have ever dealt with.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Dang. I missed the amazon one. I could sit in a Game queue but I do not trust them to not ship via yodel.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fedule posted:

Allegedly, GAME's "priority insured shipping" they hawk with these things to get another £15 out of you is with Royal Mail, moves the delivery date up to Dec 5th, and says you'll have your console in hand then or you'll have £50 back (or something similar, it might have been "up to £50 of the cost of shipping") or a full refund, so long as you submit the Royal Mail form yada yada yada. Who knows how this will actually shake out in this world where companies can just tell you to go gently caress yourself and close your ticket but hey.

I would be picking that by default. I am getting married on the 10th and I am infinitely more interested in Lady VG than a PS5. :3:

henpod posted:

Ah man, I'm really rooting for you. Sending all luck your way.

Thank you :) Maybe I will get lucky!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Maybe your username should be “fiancé” then!!!!!

:hmmyes:

I cannot argue with this logic.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Please let us not get too snippy at each other. This is a place to enjoy our PS5s if we have them, and hope to get them if we do not.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Sony how could you do this to me??

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Yeah that blue crate is way too small to hold a PS5.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

henpod posted:

Mine looks like this.

Starting to think I might have been scammed here, but won't find out for a week. Fun!

My box is identical to those that ended up with random poo poo.

Why a week? Has it been delivered somewhere you cannot reach it?

EDIT: Apologies I forgot you were sipping with Bulgaria!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

I've pretty much abandoned the idea of getting a ps5 before maybe summer next year

Yeah, I am in the same boat. The US keeps getting new Wallmart and Gamestop and other place deals. Even a direct on the Sony website, but the UK has nothing at all like that. Or I am completely missing it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Spiderman actually is strong enough. He pulls all his punches against normal mooks. It's a bit silly

That is one of the best things about him.

Also the awesome run of comics when Doc Ock takes over spider-man's body and becomes the Superior Spider-man and has that realisation that at any time this kid could have just obliterated him but always holds back due to being a good kid who does not really want to hurt anyone I think it is the thing that endeared him to me the most :3:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I think the next Spider-Man should have ice powers like Elsa

Icer-man?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
BP that was an utterly fantastic thing you did and it made my heart swelll to read it :3:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I think I will be the last poster here to get a PS5.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Thinking about it, I had to lower the difficulty of GoW to easy as well, yet I too am going to plat bloodborne. I never thought of that. I loved the GoW story though, I have it on my favourite games list at #32 purely for the story and the puzzles.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Gaius Marius posted:

So? The the PC actually has games. PS4 had like four games worth playing over it's entire life, there's no reason to be sitting there refreshing a page over and over so you can get ground floor on a console that's gonna get a better version on a year and a half

One of those games was Bloodborne and it was worth the console. :hai:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I think they are just trolling and pretty much would not pay much stock in what they are saying. Everyone here gave pretty good/funny replies, so success!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Big Beef City posted:

I know. I'm not calling for ME to Toxx, friend.

But after you said

I thought I'd see what you were up to that we ain't.

e: a little rough around the edges.

It just seems amazing that you got this deal, yes?

e II: Holy smokes I've looked at your post history. I'm sorry. I didn't know you were disabled. Games, I'm sorry. I called this dude out to get me a PS5 thinking he had an in and he's a carwash attendant weebo. I didn't know that starting this post. I'm sorry that he's hosed up and I didn't know that to start with, but he's grown man-child living in the past pretending video games and anime are real. I'm sorry. I did not mean to perpetuate that fallacy for him.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I am not reading this thread until I get a PS5 proper but if you return and continue being this weird about other posters then you will find yourself with way more gaming time.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have yet to get a PS5 but I really, really would like to get one.
Dark Foals looks interesting as a relative newcomer to souls games.

Maybe by the time I actually finish Dark Souls, I will be playing Dark Souls II on a PS5?? (This is a self burn at how long I am taking to stream Dark Souls.)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dark Souls 2 is like a 200 hour game at minimum haha

180 of that is loading times??

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

i mean how else is a gamer supposed to get strategy guide tips other than a loading screen? :iiam:

I actually should have said 188 hours. Dangit, I missed the obvious 12 hour joke.

I wish the DS5 worked on the PS4 like the DS4 does on the PS3.
My DS4 is creaky and has a bad stick, but I do not want to buy a new DS4 for £60 when I plan to get a PS5 asap.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

veegy i am very excited for you to rename yourself weeby after you start playing your free copy of FF7 remake on the playstation 4 console :worship:

Slowly the PS4 has been getting me into games and game genres I never had fun with before. What a wild machine. Bloodborne and the Souls games being the biggest surprise and the biggest love of all. :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fedule posted:

:souls stuff:

In our GOTY thread I wrote about 2000 odd words as to why Bloodborne was my game of the year. It was a lot of gushing and whatnot but the key thing that made me start liking it, and then Dark souls, was the fact that I played the game on stream. Bloodborne Cleric Beast and Father Gasweegnee bosses were two that I did back when I got the game, then I did some exploration, died to a ton of bosses I found and gave up for 2 years.

Deciding to try again but on stream so people could see my struggle flipped some kind of switch. With people giving me encouragement, advice, laughing at my self inflicted deaths and even joining me in Game, it transformed everything about it. I fell in love with it completely and managed to then beat the remainder of the game in only 18 more hours all on stream. The social aspect of it is what got me to love the game and that love permeated to the point that I can play the games solo now. (I often boot up Bloodborne just to have fun in the chalice dungeons or continue my NG+ because I am going to actually plat a Fromlike, which is something I never thought possible.)

Same with Dark Souls. I like it and will play some tonight, but I will stream it because I have so much fun when people are around me laughing at my incompetence or giving me pep boosts and helping me to improve. I think for some kinds of people it takes a sort of prompt to get you into the kind of game they are and if you are lucky enough to get that prompt then it is really easy to fall in love with them.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hbomb is correct that I enjoyed Bloodborne so much I gave Dark Souls another try. Though for the longest time I kept trying to play it as Bloodborne and forgot that Dark Souls was much slower and had shields and no dodging everywhere (coupled with a terrible left stick) and as such I was not approaching it correctly.

Hearing that DS3 is a kind of mix of DS and Bloodborne has me very excited though, and parrying is my favourite of all Fromlike combat things :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Having some fish n chips for dinner, then Dark Souls Tuesday.
When I left off I had gone down to Londo Ruins and was chatting to a dude in a red robe on a roof while ghosties were attacking me. He gave me something and that is as much as I recall.

Should be interesting! Also playing up in my office! Who knows what to expect?!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Healing in the ps5 thread.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Yeah I still love dark souls :3: even if my network is being weird.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Had wicked fun with Dark Souls again this evening. Is streaming from the PS5 as simple and robust as on the PS4?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

yep plus the overlay is better, you get a full screen and the chat is now chat bubbles that pop up wherever you want and vanish and dont get in the way

:aaaaa: I need a ps5.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Yeah I am jumping past posts right now with fear.

Thank you Imhotep!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I played a bit of Assassins Creed Origins, IV and 2 but never really got more than an hour or two into them. I feel like I should enjoy them, they are definitely my kind of game from the sounds of it but for some odd reason I taper off.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It is funny, I made the Bloodborne Boyz tag about two years before I properly played Bloodborne. I guess it was always destined for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Tonight I am playing more Dark Souls and I am heading towards Lost Izalith I believe.

Gotta beat that big fiery demon in the corridor first, then I was trying to think of places I had yet to visit and I think I probably have to hit the catacombs at some point and I do wonder if there is more to the valley of the drakes than I thought. Plus a bridge with what looks like about 5 blue standing lizards. Needless to say, I am jazzed to see what this evening will bring!