Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
Ground floor after it smashed through my entertainment center, weakened by mass and heat

My first console since x360, my first ps since ps2. Excited to get immediate access to all the ps4 library I missed as I branch out from PC master race devotion for the past decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

edit: lol their site is one of those new fangled weirdo web 3.0 ones where it pops up in the corner "someone from new jersey just bought a cherry red plate!" every few seconds, so i guess they are making bank on these already.

as someone who works in tech my bet is that those pop ups are completely fake, generated from random info, to screw with your psychology

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer

History Comes Inside! posted:

Hahaha they have bots replying to people questioning how legit this is (not my screenshot), definitely cool and normal.

lunch day cannot come soon enough

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Mine too. I had to change the shipping speed on my order to trigger it to show up, but confirming 2 day shipping shows me Nov 12 by 8pm

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

amazon updated my order

Thursday by 8 PM to.... Thursday by 10 PM

hey i guess if they're delivering that late good on them

same. no charge, no shipping info, just this update

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Platinumed Tsushima & Dad of War last December, already debating which one to NG+. Love those games.

What are the chances of PS5 patches for Sekiro or Death Stranding? Also can we crowdfund a hundred mil for Bluepoint to remaster Bloodborne

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer

scary ghost dog posted:

sekiro runs at 60 in 1800p on ps5, it doesnt need a patch

i already own it on PC i just want a reason to rebuy it for ps5. "we added uhhh new sounds" done

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer

RichterIX posted:

Will someone reassure me that, as someone who buys an Ubisoft open world game every few years and then promises to never do it again, Immortals isn't going to be the one that breaks the streak? It's only $30 on Amazon right now and I'm itching all over

For a counterpoint I will say that as the same profile of person, choosing between Immortals & AC Valhalla, I bought ACV and dropped it in ~5 hours because it felt like poo poo after coming off of Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, and Demon's Souls. Following all the conversation since then I wish I had gotten Immortals instead (I haven't played it but it's much more universally liked).

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
(me playing astro's playroom)
partner: "so this game is just an ad, right"
me: "well i dunno that it's an ad, it's just a celebration of the history of the brand, reminding the player of the deep nostalgic connection they have had to PlayStation through the years"
partner: "..."
me: "alright fine but watch me zip up the monkey suit ha ha"

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
hail satan

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
april games announced https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...ar/#sf244481532

Days Gone, Oddworld: Soulstorm, and Zombie Army 4: Dead War

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I’m going to buy Returnal at full price on release day because I would like to play a PS5 game on my PS5

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Caesar Saladin posted:

Returnal looks really fun but it has the aesthetic of a video card box from 2005.

you say this like it’s a bad thing

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer

really sad this is being released one week before elden ring instead of a month earlier or two months later

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

gently caress that's a busy month, was already staring down the barrel of Elden Ring and Atelier Sophie 2 being out the same day.

plus gran turismo 7 in march. god's punishment for complaining about lack of games in 2021

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Considering buying one of the following on sale:

No Man’s Sky
13 Sentinels
Lost Judgment
Yakuza LAD

Convince me for or against these please

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
thanks all, looks like i'm gonna grab 13 sentinels and since i have not played judgment i'll wishlist that one and remove lost judgment

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I picked up TLOU2 on sale and just got to the big mid (?) game spoiler part

oh my god oh my god now i'm abby and i am so sad to see these happy dogs (and people) that i just murdered as ellie on days 1-3 with the horrible knowledge that they are all going to get arrows and knives through their necks dear god this is so depressing

are you telling me people actually replay these games to get loving collectibles. once through this story is more than enough thank you very much

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Last of Us 1 & 2, 1 sentence review: It's incredible how much damage a couple of determined pieces of poo poo can inflict on the people and world around them

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Flint_Paper posted:

I've been meaning to pick up The Last of Us 2 (maybe I was holding off for a PS5 remaster like the PS4 one for the first?) but this absolutely cements my need for it.

I was doing the same thing but came to the conclusion that no remaster was coming. Turns out the performance tweaks (i.e. 60fps) were enough to make it feel great. Just go for it

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Doom 2016 is good, Doom Eternal was also good. It's cool if you prefer one to the other, or neither, or whatever. But they were both good and fun.

Anyway I just started Judgment this morning and the first thing that occurred to me is how much better Cyberpunk 2077 would've been if RGG got the license and did it in their style instead of CDPR.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
real news time nerds

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1466820186011541504?s=20

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

Donkey kong country music blows what the hell

wrongest opinion in a thread full of em

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Hello friends, my TV is getting on in years and with good looking games coming out starting in Feb I think it’s time for a new one. I think I’ve heard people talk about the LG CX, is that the generally agreed upon best for games and movies? Also I remember TVs used to go on sale around Feb for the Super Bowl, is that still the case?

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ShoogaSlim posted:

becoming really hooked on playing ghost of tsushima legends mode even outside of my weekly game night with my buddy.

starting to jump on with randoms to go through survival mode on a higher difficulty than i'm used to just so i can level up, unlock new game modes (after level 100), and of course maybe most importantly... get sweet sweet new gear.

legends mode is really good, i was addicted to it for a month or two

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

KH 2 SPOILER

It's hilarious.

i will never understand how this is a real game (series!?!) or why so many people are crazy about it. it makes me feel like i'm losing my mind

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

People who aren't you like different things

yeah sure but do all of you have really strong feelings about Disney characters

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Once again, everything about Ghost of Tsushima’s presentation is perfect, down to how a normal person can get the plat with a little extra work.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I cannot justify buying and starting Horizon because I will drop it like a stone for months once Elden Ring comes out a week later. And yet, during that week, the fact that it will be out and I could be playing it will be tormenting me.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
If Sifu reviews are as good as the previews have promised, I'll probably grab that to tide me over until Elden Ring. Horizon will wait until summer or fall.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://blog.playstation.com/2022/01/31/359997/

quote:

A special Gran Turismo 7 edition of State of Play arrives this Wednesday

Your in-depth look at the modes and features of GT7 kicks off February 2 at 2pm Pacific.

The first 2022 State of Play arrives later this week, and we’re all revved up for just over 30 minutes of new PS5 footage and gameplay details for Gran Turismo 7. Watch live February 2nd on Twitch or YouTube starting 2pm Pacific / 5pm Eastern / 11:00pm CET.

stop reminding me of yet another blockbuster game coming out in the next 2 months

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1488210539276902407

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer

SilkyP posted:

98 games belong in a museum

I would put at least 100 games in a museum but that’s just me

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
how else will your friends know you have a PS5 if they don't see you carrying around a PS5 copy of horizon forbidden west?

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm enjoying Sifu a lot, let me share with people who are struggling with it what's worked for me.

First off, I highly recommend rebinding some buttons. I moved guard from L1 to Circle, pick up weapon from Circle to L1, and then takedown to L1 + R1. It took a few runs of getting used to it but once I was used to it, it feels much better.

The path I took was trying stage 1 a few times until I beat it at a reasonable age (around 30), then moved on to practice and explore stage 2. I threw myself at stage 2 several times until I got to the boss, who crushed me every time I got close. Then I went back and did stage 1 which now felt like a cakewalk. Did that a few times until I got out at age 21. I basically considered the stage beaten at that point, at which point I attempted stage 2 until I could beat the boss (watching a youtube video showing his combos also helped - annoyingly there's no way to practice a boss outside of getting to them and that can feel like a waste, so don't worry about getting some tips if you're stuck). After beating stage 2 around age 50, I explored stage 3. Same thing from here. Practice on stage 3 until you get better, than go back to stage 2 until you can stomp it. I'm now starting stage 3 on age 23. You can do it too! Just stick to it and you'll feel like a kung fu master soon enough.

Also, I think someone in this thread said it but it bears repeating - avoid consists basically of two directions, guard + up when they sweep, and guard + any other direction for high or straight on. I thought there were 3 directions, where a high swing/strike needed to be dodged low - nope. It's simpler than it looks.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Gaming in the year 2040: still no resolution on the system remapping/per game remapping debate. We inch closer to understanding, then lose each other again as the world sighs in disappointment

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer

GoT legends is a really underrated MP game, I hope people take the opportunity to check it out, I played a ton of it when the director's cut came out last year.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
lol "ps5 has games... just make sure to install the ps4 version"

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Apparently Elden Ring does not auto save, I am discovering after my neighborhood power is surging and i wake up to significant gameplay lost :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

Grimey Drawer

aperfectcirclefan posted:

Does it only save at campfires?

I stopped at several campfires and it still reset to the last time I hard quit out of the game over an hour ago. I don’t know what’s going on but be careful folks