Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
The old peter just looked slightly off cause he looked like he had had a nose job. Don’t care either way about the new one but that’s what the old render screamed to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

History Comes Inside! posted:

Haha AC comes out a week before the console here in the U.K., thanks Sony.

Lol you played yourself by wanting an AC game

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm guessing there will be vented top covers so it cools better when lying down. It pretty clearly is meant to stand up, which sucks for nearly everyone with a sane entertainment system.

My only entertainment system will be the ps5. What will you get instead ?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
No way is the value add for buying a ps5 going to be free for ps4 users. That’s silly

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
FO4 sucked righteously huge rear end

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
lol at this whole conversation

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Playing DS3 again after playing DS:R and wow I missed a lot of more the first time around. I didn’t realize it’s similar locations, maps , and characters Giant Blacksmith :(

Up to lothric Castle, when should I start the DLCs?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Escobarbarian posted:

After the final boss tbh. 3 is like 2 in that it doesn’t automatically take you into NG+ once you finish the story, you do it manually at the hub bonfire

Good to know thank you!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I know they didn't list themselves as having it but PS5 better have hbomax at launch. I'm so pissed it isn't in my LG television. And watching through my subscription on other apps locks out over half the content. Because apparently they signed some exclusivity deal with Samsung for smart tvs. So if you don't have a Samsung you gotta buy some other device.

PS4 does I'd assume PS5 does as well.

Real hurthling! posted:

I want plates that are 100% identical but the collar is folded down and buttoned

lol

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Hmm can I play Max Payne 3 now ?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I would love to see the user base % of 1440p vs 720/1080/4k. Im guessing <1%

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

ErrEff posted:

Steam's latest survey puts 1440p resolutions at around 7.70% of its users.

yeah I dont think PS5 is doing 1440p anytime soon

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Vikar Jerome posted:

im so glad you changed your avatar, i can take your posts seriously again.

also not even any perceived choppiness holds greatness back.

lol

I would like to get a PS5 at some point. Im playing through my 5 char on BB and I want to play Demons Souls

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Escobarbarian posted:

I mean that kinda sounds more like your internet cut out

yeah exactly

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

IcePhoenix posted:

Wario posted a picture of everything in stock about that time yeah

so I guess it was all bots then? No one on twitter seems to have gotten a single purchase from best Buy

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

dantheman650 posted:

I think that picture Wario tweeted was indeed old - I've been refreshing constantly since 5:55 or so in the mobile app which has always let me into the product page and I've never seen anything other than Coming Soon. Unless the button changed to In Stock for like one second, I don't think they actually dropped yet.

Thats what I've been doing too, feeling like a dildo sitting here refreshing over and over lol

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

jabro posted:

You guys are right. Best Buy tweeted yesterday they were dropping consoles after a certain time and planned to release them over two three hours after that time.

Keep hitting that F5! You’re almost there!

They did say sometime after 9 AM. Not at 9 AM ;)

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Wheeee posted:

well gently caress i thought the PS5's thing was being able to play all those games at 60fps

are all the old PS4 exclusives still running at 30fps on PS5? Because that's some fuckin bullshit, 30fps is garbage

This guy rules

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I just want to scalp a ps5 now but I dont even know how to do that.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
ps5 avail at amazon - I just got one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-lis...&language=en_US

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
So 2 things, whats the best way to prep my ps4 for my ps5 arriving, and how do I claim Bugsnax before its gone?

I gotta check cloud saves some how right?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Interesting, most games from that era had different modes but I guess DS doesn't. Thanks for the info!

gently caress what was the ~era~ of nov 2019 I can’t remember

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I can’t loving wait to play DeS on Thursday when my ps5 arrives.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Big Beef City posted:

So is it considered a failure on Sony's part regarding this launch? Or was this part of their 'plan' to drive demand/a normal launch cycle?
Now that I'm actually looking to pick one up and reading about the scarcity and how people have been waiting on orders since mid December, and how there's no stock anywhere basically around the world, was there some kind of production foul up? Is Sony intentionally doing limited releases? Do any early release or what?

I'm sorry to just barge in here and ask poo poo questions I know how annoying that is. I'll try and not stupid it up too badly.

There was a global pandemic that shut down production of units for some time yes.

But every console release has a few months of scarcity because demand is so huge.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Max Wilco posted:

So where should I look for a PS5 at this time?

amazon had two massive drops over the past week. I got mine on the 29th as part of a 12k unit drop (could check out for about 10-12 minutes after the drop instead of the usual 10 seconds.

Follow https://twitter.com/solelinks on twitter and turn on notifications.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I mean you can buy a 6TB platter and it will work fine with more storage space, but the load times will be the same or worse than on a PS4 depending on which one you get.

An SSD rated at 1050 is going to be crazy fast, though.

Like a decent benchmark is the Metro games that had such ridiculously long load times they put maps and voiceover narration in the loading screen because they were obscenely long.

On a PS4 you're looking at ~25 seconds. On the PS5 internal it was 3 seconds and on the 1050 external it was 4 seconds.

So you need to get a really beefy HDD for big storage and kinda fast loading times, or a 1050 SSD for less storage but insanely fast loading times.

So it looks like a Samsung T5 2TB would be good for the Ps5?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Rinkles posted:

USB Type A can be SuperSpeed too, and is in the back of the PS5.

I did not know this was a thing

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

number big

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
so how does the PS5 work for CP77. If I buy the Ps4 version now do I get the upgrade, or is there a PS5 specific version coming out at some point?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Franchescanado posted:

Are these PS5 patches incorporating stuff like the haptic triggers and vibrations in the controllers? Or do the games just look and run better?

Yeah I just want to make sure the free upgrade is the same as buying the ps5 version. I get my ps5 tomorrow and will play CP77 now and and then again when its upgraded, but not now if its technically going to be missing stuff.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Sorry I started the derail, but because of it I just bought Cyberpunk 2077 and Demons Souls (both physical of course). Cant wait for tomorrowwww

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
oh poo poo the truck is close, better get ready to wave my hands and sprint

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Ayyy seems like living in a super safe city like in NYC pays off. Amazon delivered it right to my door, no need to Chase or pop the tires.

Also yes Days Gone is a great game, very underrated.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

History Comes Inside! posted:

Does it have “weapons and ammo are super scarce so you need to be sneaky all the time and be careful not to leave yourself exposed!” gameplay or can I just go around killing everything in sight if I want?

Not in an “I love killing everything” way but in an “I can’t be bothered to deal with the artificial stress induced by games like that right now on top of real life” kind of way.

It starts out more stealthy and limited but after a couple hours you'll be a killing machine (and have many many many hours left if you choose to do all the content)

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Everyones Favorite Poster posted:

Anyone's Walmart order from Dec 17th still waiting to be shipped? Shipping date is still estimated to be Jan 13th but I'm starting to get a little worried :ohdear:

My amazon order didn't ship until 2 days before it was actually delivered. Hold out hope!

Also the PS5 download speeds are SO much faster than the PS4, it rules

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Lotta people hating on USPS here, the best delivery service bar none.

Also, Demon's Souls is real fun but Im kinda lost now and for some reason I cant even find the thread on this here subforum lol.

Done with 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 3-1 and working on 4-1 now.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Soysaucebeast posted:

Are you a smoker? I was having the same issue with mine and someone here mentioned that it could be because my boyfriend smokes while gaming. Lo and behold that was it.

Im having flashbacks to lovely college apartments smoking inside and playing Modern Warfare 2 - *shudders*

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

The Walrus posted:

as someone who has been a cig smoker much of my life, smoking cigs inside is loving disgusting and should not be done under any circumstances.

I agree wholeheartedly

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

doctorthefonz posted:

Ratchet & Clank in the ps+ collection is fun as gently caress and I'm now powerfully hyped for the new game in March

100% very fun old game, really looking forward to the new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
taking a break before my next Demons Souls run and playing Astro's Playroom. Its cute and fun and easy, but really does let the controller shine, this thing has some juice. I can't wait for the first exclusive to really take advantage of it. DeS has a ton but nothing like Astro's.