Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

My fiance bought me a ps5 and ghosts of tsushima directors cut and its blowing my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Lobok posted:

Had you played the base game on PS4 before?

I have not. Its been occupying basically all my non work hours and I think she is regretting the purchase to be honest.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Sequel can’t come soon enough :D

:eyepop:

SilkyP fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 31, 2021

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Kilometers Davis posted:

You’ll know the feeling eventually!

:3:

Hope you enjoy the game. Don’t forget to really explore all the tools the game gives you. It’s not quite as Rock Paper Scissors as other games with a big toolset but it will definitely help you avoid frustrating fights if you’re getting your rear end kicked and step back for a moment to try a different plan/weapon.

Is there any reason to try go hard honorable samurai? Aside from honoring my samurai code and wanting my uncle to be proud of me?

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Then combat is so visceral too. And the dual sense really adds a lot to the experience.

I actually am pretty excited to see how the dual sense gets used in games moving forward

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

The Perfect Element posted:

Only thing I would change about sushi is getting rid of the archers. They're annoying rather than challenging and I think fighting them looks goofy as hell, especially when they still do their warning shout after all their buddies are dead.

A lone archer screaming in intervals as I roll across a field of flowers to murder him

SilkyP fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Sep 1, 2021

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

BitBasher posted:

So the game will be badly edited and we will never get an ending? Great.

Maybe a lot of gross and poorly written sex scenes

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Frankston posted:

My PS5 arrived today and it actually wasn't a box of rocks! First impressions are it's loving massive but the controller is very cool.

So, for someone who skipped out on the PS4 generation, what should I get? I'm downloading God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn at the moment. I did manage to play Bloodborne several years ago so not fussed about that but if anyone has any recommendations let me have it.

Just got my PS5 like 3 weeks ago and have been playing ghosts of tsushima basically non stop

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Anyone have any suggestions for good m.2 ssd's for this?

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Gutcruncher posted:

I grabbed one of these. Includes a heatsink and fits just fine. It’s in fact the model some Sony guy specifically told everyone is compatible so I figured it’s the best and safest bet

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SWFTP9N/

Nice! Thanks!

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

who's sooppock lmao?

It's me. I'm sorry I love this thread and I wasn't sure where to find goons to add and you posted your name up and I'm a big fan of your work - this thread is a great poop at work and read and just seems like the kind of thread where everyone here is pretty cool and has a good attitude.

SilkyP fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 18, 2021

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

i could never turn down a fellow :regd04: especially if they pooping to my shitposts

:regd04::stonk:

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I can see that happening. The visionaries get chatty when he’s near. I was mostly using the amount of lag as kind of a dowsing rod to locate where he is

Loop Lag

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I just picked up hitman 3 plus the legacy pack for hitman 1 and hitman 2 plus the dlc levels for hitman 2. I didnt play any of these so Im pretty excited and it looks like it'll be a ton of content

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Megashitic

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Quick question, I've been chewing my way through sushi ghosts and have about 40 hours in and am about to finish the 2nd act. I decided to go to Iki island and so I don't spoil I'll just say shortly after arriving there is a cinematic where Jin talks about stuff that hasn't happened yet and Im wondering if I should have finished the main game first then headed to Iki?

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Lobok posted:

Based on the character history and development of Iki Island, it could work before the end of the game where Jin resolves some personal things to get stronger for the final fight ahead. I don't know why this is the first thing that comes to mind but in the first TMNT movie there's a point where they all go out to a farmstead and lick their wounds and spiritually heal and then come back to the city for Shredder. Reminds me of that.

That said, based on enemy types and difficulty, it would seem weird to me playing Iki Island and then finishing the main game after.

Turns out I must have overwritten any recent save not on Iki so I am going with that head cannon. If nothing else maybe by the time I finish I can steam roll the end if the main game.
Loving this game and will eventually be doing NG+, may start up FF7 remake first since I impulse bought it a couple weeks ago.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Just bought and started judgement. Played and liked Yakuza 0 and started but never finished LAD and so far I'm digging it

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

star eater posted:

I saw the title and knew it was a joke but secretly hoped it wasn't

:same:

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I bought dark souls 3 complete edition or whatever for ps4 for a few bucks since I think it gets 60 fps on ps5 and I have never played a souls game.
Anyway this game is hard as poo poo and I can't get past the first areas boss.
I thought I was good at video games but I'm trash and kinda bummed I may never get to see a fraction of the content in this game.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Bust Rodd posted:

The dark souls thread is extremely helpful. I just beat Dark Souls III and the DLC yesterday.

How long did it take you?

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

fridge corn posted:

I have an accent of sorts. In my experience most Americans tend to think I sound "british" whereas everyone else can typically tell I'm not native english but aren't able to place exactly where I'm from. I get asked if I'm irish a lot :shrug:

Perhaps some of our fellow Factioneers could shed some light on what they think I sound like lol

As an american the sound of someone born in america that has lived in the uk for 14 years makes my teeth hurt

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Yea I really want to get into Prey but it controls so sluggishly and looks kind of grainy, just not a great experience.
I have a decent gaming laptop is it safe to say the PC version is 60 fps or is that xbox only?

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I liked Hollow Knight but I just hate my first edition switch with its lovely battery and drifting thumbsticks that I said gently caress it and never finished it

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I am a giant fan of Tsushima.
Was not boring to me at all in the 50 or so hours I digested it in.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

tuo posted:

Trust me, I only referred to your growing enjoyment of JRPGs, not humanity itself, and I don‘t wanna see a second or third impact on your growing love for roleplaying videogames designed in japan. I‘m just trying to shield you from FF VIII - which in itself ain‘t that bad - but not right after finishing FF VII. And since I mostly scroll this thread for Veeg trip reports, because it‘s honestly uplifting to read when you are enjoying a game, I just never want to read „yeah…this FF VIII….it‘s no FF VII for sure“, because that would make me very sad.

Many years ago I played VII and was super excited to start in on VIII.
The experience was so shocking and awful that I didn't play another JRPG for 5 years.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Anyone have any feelings on Xenogears? I remember liking it way back when it first came out but recently found my crusty Vita which I apparently purchased the game for and never played. How's it hold up?

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Oxxidation posted:

i'm not much of a radiohead fan but Kid Amnesia was very cool, it's basically a virtual museum exhibit (of a scope that would be impossible in a real museum)

my only real gripe is that idiotheque wasn't more prominent. it's like the only song on that drat album with a hook!

Agreed

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Just started Judgement, digging it so far.
Also picked up TLOU 2, looking forward to it as the first one made me cry

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

EA's fixer.

rodd trippin

Zampella is a pretty prominent figure. Had a hand in making MoH famous, then co-created CoD, then got very publicly sued by Activision upon exit, founded IW and created Titanfall/2, then got absorbed by EA, was made a board member and his studio simultaneously dev'd one of The Three™ successful Battle Royales while also trying to save EA's Star Wars license from DICE. Now he runs the brand DICE used to be known for.

Zampella is Mr. FPS

Just for my 2 cents I had never have heard of him but I have been using my autism for good

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

texture pop-in on the building two blocks north at 0:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_ByxSSCWwY&t=3s

I just threw up a little

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Vikar Jerome posted:

just got back from seeing new spider-man and let me tell you, it owns, dont tell beanpole. /end dm

Yea it is the tits knees

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Bust Rodd posted:

Anyone have 1st hand experience with PS5 repairs? My PS5 is definitely defective and just shuts off due to overheating now when playing a small handful of online games. Clearing the cache and restoring factory default about a month ago stopped the issue exactly long to push it out of warranty but it started to happen again and now I’ve got to get a repair in and completed before February.

Tried calling yesterday and leaving a callback number but no one ever called :smith:

This is a bummer I like reading your Ps5 related posts in this thread I am going to send some positive vibes out to your piss station

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

ZeeBoi posted:

Wait for the sale starting tomorrow

Does anyone know what the sales are gonna be for tomorrow I couldn’t find a list anywhere

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I missed out on Spider-Man and missed
The chance to get the ultimate edition when it was like $40 on Black Friday hope that poo poo goes on sale tomorrow

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Far cry has sucked rear end since the third one

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Carlosologist posted:

Just got Ghost of Tsushima and man this game is pretty

Yea whatever sequel they come up with to ghosts is my most anticipated piss 5 game I played the poo poo out of it like 70 hours and still love coming back to wander around

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

My main problem with Kingdom Hearts is that Squeenix already had a ton of white male protagonists and so Sora being a white male seemed pretty ridiculous.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't think the guy with a Japanese name is white

Dude look white tho at least

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I was just kidding in my earlier post my biggest beef with Kingdom Hearts is I couldn’t keep track of the plot it was too convoluted and I just couldn’t get into it. Combat was fun though. I only played the first one but is it a safe assumption that it gets more convoluted in the follow ups?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I bought and bounced off of dark souls 3 but have an itch to get back to it, is it possible to summon someone to run through like, most of if not all of the game? It’s the first souls game I have hosed with and I have only a vague idea of the entire summoning process but I would feel better if someone could hold my hand through most of it.