Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I wanna preoder Demon's Souls for the scythe even though there's no chance I'm getting a PS5 this year, but it is seriously 110 australian dollars and that is nutso bananas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Shoutout to amazon for cancelling my order for unknown reasons 20 minutes after it sold out again.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

In australia you could call the consumer commission and they would get really pissed at ebgames. Or you would at least threaten the manager with it and they would probably back off of it.

I am legit heartbroken by amazon randomly cancelling my order after they had sold out.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Is the PS5 quieter? My PS4 is like a jet engine at this point, I have to turn the volume way up if I wanna hear a game properly. Its gotta be quieter, right?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Cleaning out dust can help, but some of the models, especially the first version of the Pro, are just inherently loud

Yeah I've got the first version and its like a hairdryer sometimes with some of these later games. If its an atmospheric game like Last of Us 2 I have to use headphones.

I've opened it up but it didn't make much of a difference, even after removing a massive ball of cat fur. Ps5 should be arriving tomorrow or the next day so that won't be a big deal.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

accidentally played demon's souls for 22 hours this weekend :stare:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm getting awful streaming issues on PS5 plex, I can't even stream a 720p without stuttering. Anyone else having this issue?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

It seems like the same one but PS4 streamed well. I guess they haven't fixed it for ps5 yet.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

God of War feels great at 60fps with full resolution, it really gives it some next get launch title vibes. The huge scale and awesome art in the game really benefits from the increased fidelity. Also the game totally kicks rear end.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Once you wrap your head around it the loot system is quite fun, you can make some cool overpowered builds focused on a particular playstyle. They should definitely make less drops overall though.

Your character really becomes a beast in those games. I played like 80 hours of Nioh 1 but I lost enthusiasm for Nioh 2 halfway through despite it being better overall. It just felt like more of the same.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I played Doom Eternal on the one of the higher difficulties on a controller, if you're decent at FPS games on a controller then its certainly possible to play through it competently and have a good time.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

boz posted:

How is it compared to the first 3 seasons?

The newest season is easily the worst one, in my opinion. I had trouble finishing it.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I want a ps5 upgrade of the Ratchet and Clank Future series

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I hold the firm believe that Fallen Order sucks. Its all sloppy combat, annoying platforming and sliding, confusing levels and unsatisfying collectable ponchos. I really didn't like it at all, and I generally try to enjoy games like that.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

TFU was good as hell and way more fun to play than yet another boring soulsborne knockoff.

I thought Force unleashed was way more fun than clunky rear end Fallen Order, where the main character runs like he has a turd in his pants

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I think Dark Souls has one of the coolest interconnected worlds in video games, it gives the game world a real sense of weight. Like, the distance between things and the way the levels transition and link feels really meaningful somehow, like they are levels but also real locations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Like, I know it's all besides the point but Bell Gargoyles to Quelaag is a 5 minute walk max :shrug:

I think Demon's Souls and Dark Souls world design both set out to accomplish different things. I'm mainly comparing it to stuff like Skyrim where its connected, but its all just a big boring topographical map with a bunch of points of interest scattered about. That kind of thing is really unengaging to me compared to the density of Dark Souls. That's not to say I don't like Demon's Souls, I just platinumed it and i played the ps3 version three times, but Dark Souls accomplishes a lot in a unique way, there are very few games that pull off that combination of linear level progression and an open connected world.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

TheCenturion posted:

TLOU2 failed that for me. The story was great, the technology was great, the structure was great, but I wound up putting the combat onto the easiest setting, because I hated that part of the design, and I just wanted to get through the story. It was a fantastic experience, but it wasn't an enjoyable game.

Its fair that you don't like it, but the combat is actually excellent and some of the coolest and most visceral stealth action combat around. I don't think there are any games that have handguns that feel as good and lethal.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

infraboy posted:

If it says franchise does that mean an eventual Elden Ring 2+3?

drat son let the first game come out first before you extend your hype for 5 years in the future

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

if you don't like soulsborne games, its because you don't like them yet

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I think FF7R might be the funniest game I've ever played. There are a few lines which totally cracked me up.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I loooove Ratchet and Clank but I found the movie game quite disappointing, its really a step down in tone and gameplay compared to the previous ones. The graphics are really nice but Ratchet is less of a dick and the relationship between him and Clank is watered down. I'm not really a person to get annoyed about framerate but the 30fps really affects that game and makes the gameplay a lot less fun to me.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Geo Fixer posted:

I am MUCH more exited for Rift Apart. June can't come fast enough.

I feel like its the first game to really take advantage of the PS5's graphical capabilities too. It looks nuts compared to anything on the PS4 and its using the SSD to its advantage. I am truly psyched.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

what the gently caress

the man explained himself very clearly when he said "Wazuuup!"

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

Rate my airflow

i love the stack of dead consoles on the bottom layer

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm gonna play Miles Morales on NG+ immediately because I just can't stop swinging, gotta keep swinging man, I love this poo poo.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Get ready for that hollow feeling when you realise that you have no more bloodborne trophies left to get.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

PS5 Plex is astoundingly bad. I thought PS4 plex was a piece of poo poo that freezes all the time, but PS5 plex doesn't even stream 720p video for me at a valid rate. It just stops and buffers constantly, it is a completely piece of poo poo that outright doesn't work in the slightest.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

New games in Australia are 109 dollars which converts to 83 USD. Its so hosed up. What are they doing to us?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I was so excited to play Disco Elysium but my government won't let me.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

He very well may not like it anyways, but I think it's funny he was able to make so many snap judgements about a game he has functionally played zero of. Because that first section is basically like Oddcharted or something, but that isn't how oddworld plays at all. It was a pretty weird way to start the game for newcomers, because you wouldn't get the idea that it's a puzzle platformer with stealth for the most part from it.

Also I literally have no idea what he's talking about with the incel poo poo lol.

It is definitely really funny to play less than ten minutes of a game and then get on the internet and write a review for people as if you opinion is actually based on anything that matters at all.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I want another Days Gone real bad, that game had a cool sequel hook.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

If I buy a game on a second PSN account based in another country (disco elysium because its fuckin banned in my country) will I be able to play it on my main account and get the trophies?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Marvel movies are pretty enjoyable sci fi action movies, although I'm a bit tired of them and I think enthusiasm overall is gonna drop in the next batch.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

FFXV is a bad rpg but a good bro simulator.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I found the gameplay in Ratchet and Clank remake to be far worse than the future trilogy especially.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Returnal looks really fun but it has the aesthetic of a video card box from 2005.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm psyched for Returnal because i love airdashing

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

that sekiro ape is one of those bosses that you will always remember as a total son of a bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Shammypants posted:

About 7 hours into Days Gone and still wondering why people hate it. It's a perfectly good game on PS5, maybe it had technical issues on PS4. It's more enjoyable than Valhalla.

It gets a lot better as it goes, too. By the end you will cherish your time with Boozer.