Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

VideoGames posted:

I think I will be the last poster here to get a PS5.

I'll race you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sleng Teng posted:

PS Direct is up again, good luck!

http://bit.ly/3hFF8tK

I got in on this by chance before Wario tweeted about it so I am slightly more hopeful than normal :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jose Oquendo posted:

Looks like they just flipped the switch on Direct. Sold out yet?

almost instantly LOL

I didn't even get halfway through the queue

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jimbot posted:

It's random. As long as you get in before they drop the stock then you have a good a chance as any to get one.

Is this confirmed by sony?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Firstborn posted:

It says 27min ago, but the message on the queue page says they updated the message "not guaranteed even if in queue" at 1:29.

That's just the last time the message was updated. 27 minutes before your post the queue had been up for about 5 minutes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

henpod posted:

So, just to be clear in Destiny 2 - if my Internet cuts out during a mission, I have to start it all over again? There goes 30 minutes...Plus, I guess you can't pause the game. You gotta do each mission on one sitting?

Still, is pretty fun and runs nicely on ps5. I feel like I actually have something resembling a gaming pc.

Destiny is an mmo, if that helps your understanding of a few questions you've had about some of the mechanics

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

That is one of the most bizarre dev communications I've ever read.

Ya, that about sums it up.

They're just trying to put a positive spin on it by hoping people see them as offering to refund it even though Sony and MS have already been refunding it all weekend because of how broken and buggy the game is on the Bone and PS4

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Augus posted:

avengers still hasn't made back its development costs and likely never will

Does it count if the game played well and didn't have a bunch of broken bugs but just sold really poorly?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kid sinister posted:

Are you sure? I've been staring at "coming soon" for over an hour now. Best Buy, I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Wario posted a picture of everything in stock about that time yeah

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Boosh! posted:

That was an old pic apparently.

it wasn't, idiots on twitter just thought that the release date (which is listed on everything) was the date of the picture

I mean, they might drop more throughout the day, I'm just saying the initial wave has already come and gone

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bradzilla posted:

"Exciting updates" probably just means a PS5 port of Death Stranding.

to be fair that's an exciting update

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bows1 posted:

They did say sometime after 9 AM. Not at 9 AM ;)

they went live about 5 minutes past the hour going off the wario timestamps

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Good Citizen posted:

It’s live now

well then

good luck y'all

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I kept getting an error when trying to add to cart lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

had a similar thing, got one in my cart but it kept making me try different stores to pick it up from

the console page is back to "please wait" and not "coming soon" though so hopefully there's one more drop coming and I have a little bit of a head start since it's already in my cart

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dantheman650 posted:

This is somehow even worse than Walmart.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1338922272845774849

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

veni veni veni posted:

Who is buying PS5s for $1500? Like, in what world is that more ideal than just waiting a few months?

Parents, people with more money than they need, and people with poor fiscal responsibility.

Some of them are in all three groups.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

drat that's a lot of success from the walmart drops, happy for y'all :)

Maybe I'll manage to snag one before the spring after all.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

And that just made me realize how much money Animal Crossing printed when it came out and became the official game of COVID quarantine, which makes me wonder how much did The Avengers suck that it tanked hard while everyone was stuck at home?

That game must really loving stink.

Avengers wasn't on the Switch :v:

I could give a bunch of reasons why that's a really bad/dumb comparison to make but I don't want it to seem like I'm overly defending the game

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

this is like the baddest of faith arguments

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

How?

2 games released during quarantine.

1 is one of the best selling games ever despite a smaller platform, the other was a bloodbath for the developers who released across the entire gaming market.

How was I badly faithing that the dumb bad game sold like poo poo?

they were released at different times

they're different genres with a different target audience

one is an established franchise and the other was new

etc etc etc

Why are people seriousposting and getting mad at me that I said "lol avengers"?

Is it like a sacred cow around here?

you have a weird threshold for "getting mad," I just said that it's a really dumb comparison

e: also I assume people like it and want it to succeed because there's the core of a really good game there if they can somehow find it

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Marvel's Avengers is a pretty established franchise.

:rolleyes:

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Dec 16, 2020

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gaius Marius posted:

Guaranteed they bought the game and are still in the Denial phase of grief.

I wrote the game off a long time ago :colbert:

I guess wanting to see games succeed is bad though

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Papercut posted:

I think the Avengers game did poorly because it wasn't very fun at all

that's the worst part, the single player was a lot of fun but the multiplayer was just boring. I know people said it was fun when with a group of friends but that's probably because it's with a group of friends, not because of the game.

Gaius Marius posted:

They killed Deus Ex for that Games as a Service bullshit. It deserves to crash and burn.

Yeah the GaaS stuff on launch was awful. Prices for stuff was absurd. I guess at some point they cut all the prices permanently but I haven't launched the game since like a week after it came out so I have no idea how much. A friend talked me into buying it to play together and then I don't think he actually played it because he got sucked into ghost of tsushima.

I told him to gently caress off when he said I should get that to do the multiplayer with him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Also if your browser of choice doesn't work try using a different one

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

With how successful GamePass has been for microsoft I'd honestly be a little surprised if they didn't expand it to include more games in the future

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Not a Children posted:

They're already doing more than I expected by putting out a bunch of AAA games on PS+, everything else is on their separate PSNow service

I don't expect them to stop milking the double-subscription deal anytime soon :(

lol I constantly forget PS Now exists

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

You guys are just jealous you can't play both PC games, Counterstrike and World of Warcraft.

As the PC Gaming Master Race, I'm proud to say those games are the only things over 13 years old I'm attracted to.

that's ok because the good MMO is on PS4/5

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shy posted:

It does?

This entire subforum was named after a PC game for a month!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kirios posted:

It's loving awful, I agree. Even after getting one I still feel stressed out.

Please console makers, don't do this poo poo again

Do you think they're intentionally shorting supply? They're making them as fast as they can buy manufacturing line time.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

John Wick of Dogs posted:

But what if I bought it and am not a gamer

Edit: hahaha holy poo poo
https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/1339741387118526465?s=19

I'm glad this guy decided not to retire the account

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

a new study bible! posted:

Queue waiting room is live, apparently

Jumped in at about 15 minutes left on the countdown and I think I got randomed into the back of the line lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

same but every time I fail means fewer people will be in the next queue

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wasn't watching the queue so maybe they had been out for a while but I got in at 1:01 and the message saying they ran out of consoles was timed 1:00 :negative:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

when did this become the boomer thread

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Anyone trying to get a ps5 might want to give this queue a try from sony.

Ps5 queue

did anyone get a ps5 from this or did nobody see it because of the derail derail

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Maybe something on FF XVI and probably a reminder that XIV for PS5 is coming out in March or April as a free upgrade if you own the PS4 version

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I had a digital in my cart from the drop earlier this week and managed to snag it by skipping past the yellow button of doom :toot:

is there a list of games that are getting/have gotten a ps5 upgrade anywhere I didn't see one in the OP or the 2P

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I got my ps5 yesterday and dove into bugsnax today when the first basketball game ended up being a blowout and I can't get over how much "this looked so dumb why is it so charming and fun" energy it has.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bust Rodd posted:

Twice now I'm daydreaming about Returnal and thinking "oh poo poo that comes out in April, a month that is close by! I'm excited for April!" and then I remember that it comes out on the 31st because Housemarque like to gently caress WITH MY HEAD. Its ok, I literally took that weekend off because it's my birthday. I think I'm renting a cabin in the woods to take my dog hiking, but it's good to know if I decide not to bother I can just get completely shithoused to try and get to replicate the gameplay loop by repeatedly blacking out and waking up in different states of playing the game.

They're loving with your head so bad you even think April has 31 days.

Also start with Yakuza 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If you're looking for a dualsense charging station might be worth checking your nearby Targets. Was looking a little bit ago and one about 15 miles from me showed "limited stock" (in store purchase only) when I checked online and I managed to get the second to last one when I got there :toot: