Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
BL3 will probably hit a solid 60 on PS5, after a few patches the Pro gets pretty close to that in performance mode most of the time.

I’m kinda excited to try Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro in November myself. Uncapped framerates should have a chance to really shine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I said come in! posted:

Serious no joke; there has never been a FROM game playing at 60fps on any platform. So this is extremely impressive.

Dark Souls 2: SotFS was a solid 60, Dark Souls remastered was a solid 60, and Dark Souls 3 gets pretty drat close on the Pro after a few patches.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

goblin week posted:

Bloodborne does not in fact have invasions in more than two relatively minor optional areas.
And in those you can kill the enemy that makes those possible

You can get invaded in any area in Bloodborne, but you don’t open yourself up to it unless you summon help first, apart from those two areas.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Fix posted:

https://twitter.com/RGGStudio/status/1310565331354738689

Yakuza 7 gets the free upgrade path, but won't get PS5 upgrades until March. Bleh.

Oh man I wonder if this means we can expect 60fps patches for all the Dragon Engine games. :flashfap:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CharlestheHammer posted:

That doesn’t make sense. If it won’t work then more than certain features won’t work.

Though playing the game is a feature, I guess

Pretty sure those are separate messages for different games.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

cubicle gangster posted:

Is hdmi in to the TV and optical out to the receiver not an option?

I bailed on receiver passthrough a few years ago and aside from being able to play spotify without the tv turned on, I don't miss it. Depends how many devices you have I guess.

Optical’s going away on the PS5 from what I understand. (Which is a big boo-urns from me, with my old but extremely reliable and nice quality stereo receiver. :( )

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Mine’s a 2.1 and very old, but it’s also on an optical > RCA adapter and I just remembered I’m already routing the optical through the TV these days. Go me. :v:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bust Rodd posted:

This is a very Zoolander crazy pills Blue/Gold dress moment for me, I don’t understand how anyone thinks the new face looks better. It’s blowing my mind.

They’re both fine, honestly, but it’s a little weird that they felt the need to replace the face.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Quantum of Phallus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFqsldOKvBk

First direct-feed PS5 gameplay of...

Godfall :smith:

That’s some Polygon level player skill being showcased there, drat.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

History Comes Inside! posted:

I’m already committed to AC Valhalla being my Regrettable Ubisoft Launch Purchase for this gen.

Same, though I think it’ll be like Black Flag level quality instead of Watch Dogs. Origins and Odyssey were both really fun.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Iacen posted:

Wood paneling for that Atari 2600 look :whatup:

:flashfap:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
You can publish to “Activities” with an audience of “No one” to do it just on one account, then it shows up in the PS app.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Billy Gnosis posted:

Reminds me of how the NES was mostly heat sink as well unless my memory is playing tricks on me

The NES was mostly empty space, can’t recall it ever even having the tiniest bit of heat problems tbh

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Fix posted:

Yeah, I get that, but I mean I've made purchases on both accounts using the same credit card so I would think that they could use evidence like that to validate the merge.

It’s safer to just make it impossible on the back end, honestly. Don’t give customer service the option and nobody can screw it up.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
BB’s probably going to be the only one of the series that doesn’t hit 60fps on PS5. DS1 and DS2 are 60 already on PS4, DS3 is uncapped, Sekiro’s uncapped, and DeS has the performance mode.

Here’s hoping they finally address that though, because the hacked 720/60 version of Bloodborne was really good looking.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Does GoT get more interesting? I got to the point where there was forced stealth with your girly friend and gave up because I was bored outta my mind. Feels like an Assassin's Creed game from 5+ years ago. I like AC but would never play those again.

It opens up a lot by the end but doesn’t really change super fundamentally apart from your fully unlocked skill set being a bit broken. The game is a lot of fun on Lethal mode though, you and enemies both being significantly more fragile makes for some really tense fights, and the stunningly fast load times mean deaths are pretty unpunishing.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Necrothatcher posted:

Hope this means PT will not die with my PS4.

The “games that won’t work on BC” list includes something else that was delisted, so there’s definitely still hope!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bust Rodd posted:

No I think it's the EU name for Resident Evil 7, the FPS PS4 game.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard is the EU/US title, and Biohazard 7: Resident Evil is the Japanese one.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Detective No. 27 posted:

This will also happen if you try to run Cyberpunk on a launch Xbox One.

Speaking of launch Xbox One, DF just did a video on Assassin’s Creed Unity (of all things) running on the XSX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ5KaXdeod8

It’s friggin’ purdy.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Sioux posted:

My friend is obsessed with the Xbox Series backwards compatibility, but doesn't the PS5 do that also? I mean I can probably play my whole PS4 game library at launch. Does Xbox do that any better maybe with older gens like Xbox and Xbox360, which the PS5 does not with PS3 and PS2?

I think the major thing is Microsoft’s been hyping their BC up a lot while Sony’s been fairly quiet about it. Personally I really hope the PS5 BC pulls off some nutty poo poo like 60fps Assassin’s Creed games, but Sony doesn’t seem to care about making it a marketing focus at all.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Real hurthling! posted:

like fully half of the script is them thanking microsoft for being their best friends and hanging out with them lol

I kind of noticed that too lol

The phrase “as a journalist” made me laugh a bit. As a journalist... I am easily swayed by access! Gimme them hands on with your PRngineers.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

acksplode posted:

Watched the DF teardown analysis, detected no MS rear end-kissing. Richard spends two minutes contrasting MS's and Sony's marketing approaches by relating how MS has granted earlier and greater access to the hardware, which is fair, obviously true, and useful context for the later part of the video where he has to infer what's on the PS5 SOC from an Xbox presentation slide. And then I guess some people are reacting negatively to him saying the PS5's cooling design is more conservative, which again is a fair judgment, and it isn't even a criticism? A conservative cooling design is one that looks like it will be reliably cool and quiet, seems like a good thing.

I mean maybe it’s just a difference of opinion but calling the Xbox SX a piece of “beautiful industrial engineering” over a shot showing it’s just a bunch of boxes crammed together was pretty funny. I don’t think the bias is huge or makes a major difference, but they’ve definitely been charmed by Microsoft targeting them directly with exclusive stuff.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Crafty posted:

Maybe because it’s a LOT smaller than the competition and (tbc) more powerful. Not necessarily a grand conspiracy.

People were raving about the PS4 due to it being much smaller than the Xbox one.

I wasn’t calling it technically bad, it’s just ugly. Dang thing looks like a refrigerator even on the inside.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Vikar Jerome posted:

so what are you all planning to do with your ps4's

Keeping it downstairs as a BR player/media box/occasional games machine. I should get rid of it but I have a PS1, PS2, and PS3 still, so...

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I like DF but they’re a bunch of easily awed goobers sometimes. I mean, the one guy had a candlelight shrine to Crysis in the background of a recent video of all things.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Weird how a YouTube channel devoted to tech in games would be hosted by goobers interested in tech :thunk:

Sorry I made fun of your candle shrine Mr. Battaglia.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

il serpente cosmico posted:

It's easier to be skeptical of things when you misremember them and have poor comprehension skills informed by your consumer identity.

Keep on fighting that console war. Sony is gonna need you up front soon.

Are you OK? Do you need some water or something?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Crafty posted:

Are you suggesting segregation here?

Yes, Crafty, because of liking the Xbox you’re a persecuted minority. You have deciphered the code.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

el oso posted:

Thinking I need to get a new haircut so I can game properly on the PS5. What haircut can I get to be my ultimate gamer?

Classic 90s rat-tail.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Vikar Jerome posted:

my ps4 says otherwise unless the speaker is on the ps4 itself? i have actual game recordings on my ps4 where you can hear things in my flat.

i can press l2 and have a speaker icon pop up on screen that says "to select a game, say the name of the game" and on the youtube app i hit the speaker icon, said final fantasy into the ds4 and it typed it in for me.

Try holding L2 and not talking into the controller to test that out. If you have the camera (like for PSVR) it has a mic and can be used for voice commands.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Vikar Jerome posted:

also i guess the mic is in the camera like you all said, because theres no sounds of me freaking out shouting "THIS IS loving AWESOME" during the final section of Judgment where you beat the poo poo outta all the cops and the awesome music plays since i got the VR after that i did that.

You can turn that off super easy, it’s under the camera settings.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Hacked Sony camera footage of Vikar Jerome talking to his DS4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyV0IVItlM4

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CottonWolf posted:

I guess so. I play Fortnite, and I think that does PC + console matchmaking now I think about it, and I can still regularly get to the final couple of people there. So maybe it's less of an issue than I imagined.

For all the talk about whether controller or M/KB is superior, easily 90% of the outcome is more about whether or not the player is a dumbass, so it evens out.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bust Rodd posted:

Potentially unpopular opinion but maybe ICO isn’t getting remade because it’s a terrible game that sucks and also isn’t fun to play.

I think Shadow of the Colossus is a top 10 of all time video game, I think TLG is a beautiful and cinematic (if frustrating) experience, and ICO is unplayable dogshit from a stinky butt.

Also as far as gaming concepts go “dragging around a mute woman who is incapable of communicating or defending herself or doing literally anything at all without your help” just seems very dated. Unlike the other two games in the “series” I don’t think ICO gets greenlight in 2020 from a gameplay standpoint.

Yorda isn’t mute and this post is completely wrong in every other respect too, hth

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Real hurthling! posted:

3rd party called Platestation 5 is already selling faceplates for 40 dollars a pop (no sets, big rip off)

https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-third-party-company-already-selling-custom-faceplates?amp=1

Probably not worth it unless you cant stand the greyish white default ones for a few months until officially licensed ones come out.

No woodgrain, no sale.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Gotta love the USB and Firewire ports on the front that basically never got used for anything. :allears:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
My cat finally decided to be brave enough to move from the PS4 Pro to the top of my receiver last night (so he could block the TV, naturally) and I kind of wonder how he’ll feel about the curved top of the PS5...

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Imhotep posted:

idk if anyone posted this but it's cool for u physical only types https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1316839852525068288?s=20

Nifty! I wonder if this means that AC Unity on disc will be weird and run at 60fps like on the Xbox.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

morallyobjected posted:

idk why anyone would care about not being able to carry a controller forward. headsets and poo poo still work, and you can get an adapter for the camera if you really want it.

the DS4 -> DS5 situation is basically the same as the original PS controller -> DS2 one with the PS2. you could still use the original PS1 controller on the PS2 but not if you wanted to play something like Ape Escape.

You couldn’t play Ape Escape on PS1 without the right controller either. :haw:

I remember being so blown away when I got my spare PS2 controller before my PS2, and it worked on the PS1 omg!!! :aaaaa: Just a brief taste of the backordered future, it was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CottonWolf posted:

Existing in 2020 is very cyberpunk, yes.

Not at this rate it isn’t. :v: