Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

RichterIX posted:

Man, 120 fps on Tony Hawk is bonkers. The only downside is that the PS5 can't output 1440p like the xbox sex, so you're locked down to 1080p, but you're hauling so much rear end around I doubt you'd ever notice.

Does it not just render at 4k and downscale to 1440p?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

That's pretty disappointing, as a person with a 1440p monitor in a small space that a 4k tv won't fit in, and a 3070 that wouldn't do 4k very well. currently sitting here trying to score one from best buy when they drop today, wondering if I should just not bother, I neglected the poo poo out of my ps4 because it looked so bad on the 1440p monitor.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I swear theres no ps5 stock as long as I have the stock tracker page up, but as soon as I forget to pull it back up after doing a restart for one reason or another sure enough there ends up being stock, it's happened 3 times already I'm starting to think it's a sign.

BisterdDave posted:

Not sure how I feel about this. I still haven't played Like a Dragon, so I have no idea how it is, but I've heard mixed things about the combat.

it sort of blows my mind that I've watched, in despair, many of my favorite turn based rpg franchises slowly all become ARPGs. meanwhile yakuza is over here switch to turn based.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 7, 2021

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

If you seriously want one the best way is to follow an alert Twitter account that also runs a Discord, you get alerts within seconds of them dropping then.

I do want one, but evidently not enough to make a twitter account or a discord account.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

butt dickus posted:

can you link the stock tracker? i didn't see it in the op, wario64's feed is too full of garbage and the twitter account i was looking at that's dedicated to ps5 stock updates didn't even show the ones from yesterday

sure here you go.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Carmant posted:

Don't worry. Even if you're there the second they drop you probably won't get one.

no big deal right now it's only really gonna be a problem if I still don't have one when eldin ring or ff7r2 drops.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

a foolish pianist posted:

I honestly do not.

I think they're talking about how old style spinny rotors are better at deep slow rumble like a big ol v8 where the new style hd rumble/haptics is better at detail and haptics but not so great at the deep rumble, I kind of noticed this while playing demon's souls, any time the controller would be doing one of those "the ground is shaking or a big door is opening" cutscenes it would just feel kinda dinky, everything else felt pretty great though, hapticwise.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Recently I posted the link to a nowinstock . net tracker for the ps5, I thought I was just super unlucky and kept somehow missing it, but I just watched it say recent stock history latest was may 13 even hit refresh and nothing, then I restarted my PC and now it's saying last stock was the 20th with some available on the 19th too, not here to whine about how I missed another shipment, just wanted to let people know if they were relying on that website, just stick with one of those youtube videos or something.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

smoobles posted:

It felt to me like Village lost steam in the second half, in terms of the graphics, environments and boss fights. Like they spent 2X more time on the castle than on the fortress and dredged lake.

In the case of the lake level, it could just be that the water effects look kinda bad in contrast to the photorealistic lighting, but the green slime in particular looked really, really bad, like a PS2 or PS3 texture.

hmm kinda sounds like re2make where everything after the police station is still good but the police station is like :perfect:, except the part about the graphics.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I could not have been more on time for this one. :suicide:

edit: I guess it was suddenly super important for me to have to do an extra check out step to confirm my address even though I've never had to do that before.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jun 23, 2021

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

am I missing something? I have the poo poo in my cart and it's saying not available for delivery and no stores within 250 miles where pickup is avail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

it kept cycling between letting me pick my store and saying please wait , or letting me pick the store and get all the way to checkout only to say it's not available at your store, and just saying the 250 miles thing, very enjoyable experience.