Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

list of all playstation games and their ps5 compatibility, it goes bootable, compatible not_compatible

https://andshrew.github.io/supreme-enigma/

This is all anyone really needs to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

maybe it's actually good that stores aren't getting PS5s to sell while the death rate for the deadly worldwide pandemic we're in is ticking up dramatically. it might just be possible that playing a new video game is not worth drowning in your own fluids.

If there were any justice in the world the government would be subsidizing the manufacture and shipping of PS5's to every household so we all just stay home playing Demon's Souls and watching President Bernie Sanders' fireside chats on Twitch.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Had the same problem as the rest of you w/ Target. Dunno how I could've gotten in quicker, I was F5-ing like I was rolling Baldur's Gate 2 stats.

Thankfully Sony Direct just came through and I got my order in. :dance:

Also for $20 less tax than if I had gotten it from Target. Fuckin' Chicago.

FuriousGeorge fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Nov 12, 2020

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ultrachrist posted:

Wow the console I ordered direct late last night is already arriving tomorrow. This thing better fit in my TV stand.

OOC did you ever see an update to your order status page indicating this, or did you just get a notification from the shipper?

I realized in my haste and excitement that I actually got through that I forgot to switch to express shipping, and it was also free for being a PS+ subscriber. :doh:

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Got my shipping confirmation from Sony Direct, says it'll be here Saturday.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hell yeah, just got mine delivered from Sony Direct. Time to put it through the wringer by finishing up my Hollow Knight replay.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Does the PS5 support non-PlayStation Bluetooth headphones? I was always annoyed that my ps4 doesn’t let me sync my very nice earbuds, so it’s be great if PS5 did so I could save $100 on buying new headphones.

Sadly no. I tried using my Jabra earbuds and got a message saying it doesn't support Bluetooth audio.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Jabra are what I have as well. Shame, looks like I’m buying some fancy Sony headphones.

To clarify, it does support plenty of non-Bluetooth wireless gamer headsets, like the Steelseries Arctis line so you're not limited to Sony unless Bluetooth is important to you for some reason. My Arctis 7's that I used for PS4 work great.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Astro's Playroom has some excellent bops.

S - S - D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWa4XHvAR24

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Ineffiable posted:

Unironically the super slim ps3 with the top manual disc loader is the best ps3 for that reason.

I didn’t even know this existed until I played Astro’s Playroom

Getting a PS5 has also has me considering seeking out a launch PS3 so that I can play all of PlayStation history on only 2 monstrous boxes hooked to my TV.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So is the PS5's system-level HDR setting bugged or not working properly? Because setting to "Automatic" just seems to mean "On" for everything. For games that have good HDR implementation and in-game calibration, like Demon's Souls, it looks fine and great (I'm on a 2017 LG OLED). But for plenty of other games it just makes them look dimmer and shittier and I'm annoyed at having to constantly toggle it on/off depending on what I'm playing. Been playing a lot of Streets of Rage 4, Hollow Knight and Yakuza 7 and they all look way better and more vibrant with it off.

Anyone else experiencing this or am I just being a finicky dork?

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hmmm don't think this is happening.

Leave it up and see what happens. That's what it said for me (on release day) and then it at some point just suddenly jumped to 22 min then 9 and then I was in. :shrug:

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
RE8 is great and all, but loving hell Capcom, give us some more control customization options. All the available control schemes put crouch on L3/R3. I've got a dumb quirk where I sometimes reflexively click in a thumbstick when firing, esp. in a tense game like this, and it's led to a lot of inadvertent crouching during combat.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

Circle is crouch people. When you crouch, you are in a little ball, like a circle. This is the only correct way to do it.

Circle is unmapped in the default control scheme (except for back + circle being quick turn)! But don't they playtest this poo poo? There are dozens of us panicky R3-clickers out there. Dozens!

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

BisterdDave posted:

https://twitter.com/Guerrilla/status/1397175628571443200?s=19

20 minute State of Play, with 14 minutes of gameplay. Keeping my fingers crossed for a 2021 release.

Seems like this would also be a good day to release a 60 fps PS5 patch for Zero Dawn. :pray:

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This thread sure has a lot of bizarro world opinions of Hollow Knight.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

But the PS2 has a PS1 inside :thunk:

PS1 is still the best because I’d trade the entire PS2 library just to hear that sweet, sweet window-rattling startup sound every time I turn on my console. :colbert:

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Can anyone speak to how well Wasteland 3 plays on a controller? Normally I'd default to m&k for a turn-based CRPG but it's :10bux: on the PSN store right now.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Just curious, does anyone else use the HBO Max app on PS5 and get dogshit playback quality? Everything looks like it's 720p at best, even stuff the app claims is 4K.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That RE8 trailer seemed to realize most players are just gonna jerk it to VR Lady D then quit.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

gotta give massive props to whoever’s running the show over at Capcom, they’ve been putting out banger after banger ever since Resi7

They don’t deserve props until an official Dragons Dogma 2 announcement happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The only exciting thing out of that entire show was Ninja Turtles next week.