Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Just pre-ordered Demon’s souls and now I’m very depressed at how much money I’ve spent on Sony products in the last week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

univbee posted:

This actually has me curious, since PS5 purchasers are essentially getting 19 PS4 games for free, how many people legitimately wouldn't have a backlog because they'd burned through all those games?

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

I have to move out of my home for a month because of landlord neglect vital works. Having my PS5 delivered to a friend's house and I'm wondering will I literally need a suitcase to carry it back

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Cyberpunk delayed til Dec 10th. Sigh.

I laughed out loud’ed

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

eonwe posted:

someone suggest me a good PS4 game for me to watch a lets play of I'd prefer it not be God of War or Persona 5 but i dont care past that

Why not a bit of Sekiro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN5QU2wt2O0

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

I've been waiting for ages for Hollow night to be like, £1 and it's finally paying off.

PLUS BUGSNAXXX

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Bad Parenting posted:

Not in the UK

:smith:

:(

shrike82 posted:

lol and the US election is a week away

:smugdon:

Not in the UK

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIqlu4sm5OQ

This is pretty wild the guy turns off all the sound from the game at one point and just records the haptic motor noise up close making it way louder than it would be in your hands and the motors sound exactly like the sound effects of a fan blowing air or walking on glass/metal.

Like the controller sings to your palm meat along with the sound of the game.

yo that's bonkers

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

1 billion dollars just for anime?

https://www.pinterest.com/sopekoo/weeb-rooms/

uuh I think they got a pretty good deal here

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Bloodborne load times going to be twice as long on ps5

This is 100% somehow going to be the case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHhMl1kCeAA

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

MechaSeinfeld posted:

this is gonna be the gooniest thing I’ll ever post but I’m in hotel quarantine for the next two weeks and for as nice it’ll be to be able to see my friends and family and to help my girlfriend out for a fortnight, I’m bummed I’m gonna miss out on picking up my preorder.

I’m in a sort of similar situation so I’ve just got it delivered to a friend’s house

Goonie, because obviously, but not Goonie because it involves having a friend

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

JordanKai posted:

Screenshots from the Demon's Souls character creator :popeye:

A Souls game is finally going to get a good character creator and all it took was for the series to be ripped from FromSoft's hands.

Gonna be weird to see people in kawaii poses next to flamelurker

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

That's cool but, uh, good luck with difficulty settings across multiple games.

Furiously re-applying the easy option after ten minutes play of Demon's souls

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

Holy poo poo that df bc vid :eyepop:

the which sorry?

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

mcbexx posted:

PS+ is up.

For Bugsnax it says

"Don't own a PS5 yet? Add Bugsnax to your game library and it'll be saved for as long as you're a PS Plus member."

but I don't see an option to add it my library (yet?).

Yeah I had the same problem. Neither on the app or desktop.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

I will have my PlayStation 5 in a week

I wont >:(

silly EU getting it later for no reason

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

One of the big things for quick resume is that it’s essentially useless for multiplayer games, you’d get just booted out. A lot of games are multiplayer and why would you be switching between several single player games?

Again I think it’s a very nice feature but I do think Sony either 1) it just didn’t occur to them that you’d want to hot swap between 3+ games 2) they decided it wasn’t worth the cost/benefit

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Unlocking framerate in a game has to be one of the simplest patches you can do right?

Some games have physics, logic and trigger events tied in directly to a capped 30 (or more) FPS so a patch for these games is most definitely not easy

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

What are folks doing with their PS4? I'm kind of a minimalist, I know I will probably never turn my PS4 Pro on ever again once my PS5 is installed and online. I was thinking of trying to sell it for $150-$200 on facebook marketplace, hopefully it will go to a good home, but if I could get a bunch of trade-in value somewhere else to put towards new games or PS5 accessories, I would do that as well.

The only trade in deal I've seen was an ad for GameStop where you get $200 towards the purchase of a console, but I already have my console so i think I'm SoL...

I'd recommend keeping it for another couple of months just in case we find out all next gen consoles spontaneously explode at the 2 month mark

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Bad Parenting posted:

hell yes I'll definitely play through TLG again at 60fps

I switched to other games about 1/5 of the way through TLG and I do remember thinking the performance was distinctly bad at the time. I would totally do a full playthrough if I could get 60fps but I only had the digital copy :(

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

oh gently caress oh gently caress my uk shopto pre-order is processing!!11!! were the rumours true... uk early dispatch!? they only process 1-2 day before shipping.

if i get it this week...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL7P247rfrw

I've just checked my Curry's order and!

absolutely no change from oct 22nd

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

it might happen! im hearing argos orders are processing too

TBF I think Currys poo poo the bed a little bit with this, with the weird £2000 voucher code so they could....price the PS5 at £2450 to help prioritise customers who had already paid the Pre-order desposit? Just mad.

Also some people never received the email with link to pay the full amount when they should've, so their pre-order got cancelled. Bad times

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

a lot of people have 2nd orders are canceling but people buying them up before you get it seems.

There's gonna be a lot of kids who've had their PS5's rescinded through bad behaviour and it is your job to make sure that their parents don't get a chance to change their mind

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

So what's the whole thing with PS5 and xboxes arriving early for people?

Is that just a natural consequence of so many deliveries and things being sent out by so many companies for efficiency, or do Microsoft/Sony not really care about breaking their 'release dates' because of a global pandemic and no chance for big release events?

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

PST posted:

Didn't a load of streamers get early boxes, could it be that?

Yeah, and the embargo was lifted this morning on DES and other games

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

zarron posted:

Yodel is a funny sounding name to me. (Lives in the U.S.) I see a few post about goons hating them and wanted to know why?

They along with Hermes have been found straight up 'losing' packages and selling them on eBay - at least it only became apparent since Lockdown

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Before I leave this thread until the end of next week, does anyone have anecdotal reviews of the Pulse headset? I'm using a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 990's for pretty much everything and they're exceptional quality, but the PS4 controller doesn't deliver enough power to it, so it's a little bit quiet. Wondering if it's worth splooging money on a pair for the PS5

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1326892730363105285?s=20

yeeting that data through

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I'm putting the console into rest mode and it... Works fine. Just like the ps4 did

Yeah I’ve heard too many examples it if going wrong - I turned off rest mode the second I could get into the settings. Will just wait for a definitive patch/update.

Besides even if it’s a very low chance of bricking it I’d be waiting months probably for a replacement

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

3D audio sounded great in Demon's souls but I had to turn it off when I tried Sekiro, everything sounded weirdly scrunched and slightly lower quality. Sounded perfect when it was off.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Just occurred to me that my PS Plus hasn't lapsed since it was introduced. They've had me on the line for over a decade.

I recently checked my monzo account to see just how much I’d spent on the PlayStation - that is, not since I’ve had a PlayStation 4 or on all games - solely on the PS Store in three years, on only one bank card and it was horrifying

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

About 3 hours in to Cyooberbonk and got my first crash :yay: just...driving to a new mission.

Well I’ve been watching my partner play both because I was never on the hype train and also as a legit epilepsy warning person.

On that note being the observer really does give you time to notice a lot of the jank you might not otherwise. The level of LOD late streaming is quite bad. There’s some graphical glitching that I’d excuse in any other new release so that’s fine. I’ve also seen some glitches that were precisely the same I’ve seen in YouTube videos that have a million “BUH THIS IS THE BEFORE THE DAY 0/1/INFINITY PATCH” comments so they’re all a lie

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Rinkles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1BA2O-NTcE

i thought it was just my tv being bad (which might still be the case)

Oh lol I thought my TV was broke.

From the video, TLDR is The game appears to just be ramping up the entire brightness range, including the blacks from an SDR to HDR conversion. Advice is to play in SDR as it will literally give you a better image

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

look if we have no choice but to judge the look of the consoles on how hot the anthropomorphised anime caricatures are then that's what we gotta do

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

I am a fan of the design of the Sony Playstation 5

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Soysaucebeast posted:

In this case, the anime caricature came first! Y'all need to leave my Seto Kaiba console alone.

Haha how did I not notice that.

Dread to think what the GameCube version is

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Ps5 is NB

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Every time a scene loads my dude is looking down and spinning in a circle because it fucks up the controller dead zones.

Again, I just pretend my character is in a hosed up disintegrating matrix because I don't want to have to accept I paid $60 for an early beta.

Dude we paid it for an alpha - you don’t need to lie to yourself anymore

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Uh...is that supposed to be upside down?

:edit: no seriously that’s what I thought it was supposed to be. I have mine vertically but...why would you have the disc drive facing the floor?

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Apropos of absolutely nothing but I just got a month's free trail of stadia and played Hitman 2 on my laptop and by god there's 0 perceptible lag. Kind of wish I did that ridiculous cyberpunk for £30 with a free controller and ultra chromecast deal when it was up. Unfortunately I don't actually have a mouse, so I wasn't actually able to shoot anyone, and my playstation controller is like, in the other room which is too far away to test a proof of concept. The only real issue is that the resolution's a little fuzzy.

I wonder what PSnow is like in streaming only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

Settings -> System -> System Software -> Error History

nice, 25 here