Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I am of Italian descent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Strategic Tea posted:

lol at the Americans going on about ~racism against Italians~. Italy is a G8 country and doesn't give a flying gently caress about primitive race theory from half the world away.

Discrimination against Italian-Americans, sure.

Try being racist against an actual Italian and they'll laugh in your face, then probably punch you.

I don't know where you got this idea, maybe reading too any ironic online posts, but it's nonsense. As both an American and someone of Italian descent, absolutely nobody gives one flying gently caress. I have never in my life encountered the slightest actual racism over being Italian. To my knowledge, nobody in my entire extended family has either, at least since I've been alive. And we have a very Italian last name (some people mistakenly assume it's Hispanic, but none of us look it at all). There is zero unironic racism towards Italians in American popular culture, and nobody is really worried about it occurring either. The most that ever happens is a tepid joke about meatballs or Super Mario.

What you are describing is not a thing here and has not been a thing for decades. As for actual Italy Italians, I think you'd be hard pressed to be find many Americans who have any strong opinions about Italy at all outside the context of a vacation destination. I don't even have any strong opinions about it. I guess it's cool that my distant ancestors had a bitching empire at one point, and that they invented pizza.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 23, 2020