Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Arist posted:

Question for people who've played more than me: how should I be spending Mystery Points? Just got to a point with Yuki where I feel like I can't progress without getting a keyword that I can't find anywhere, but I noticed is one of my locked Mystery Files. Should I just open that? Is there any reason not to?

Spend them on topics you're interested in learning more about, as far as I can tell there's nothing tied to specific unlocks (although there's some storylines that require you to unlock a certain amount of mysteries).

Try checking your route map for the keyword you're missing would be my best advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
The fanservice is minor but the overall themes are fairly mature so I'm not sure I would recommend the story bits for a child; destruction mode would probably be okay though, although some of it is gated by story unfortunately.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

Just finished at 30 hours, this game is awesome. I like the twisty VN genre a lot and I think this pretty easily goes toe to toe with the all timers.

There are a lot of things to compliment about it but I think the most unique thing about it besides the crazy crazy art is the pacing. The lack of massive amounts of VN filler text, plus having the combat side to break up the experience, really makes it flow in a very unique, enjoyable, non-fatiguing way.

Post game question: Is there any particular reason to do the additional combat zone that opens up at the end besides funsies?

As far as I can tell there's no story or anything in them, so it's just more combat stuff for people who like that.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Kind of, I'd say the prologues are pretty slow but after that it picks up fairly quickly.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Nope, it’s already a miracle a vanillaware game made it off a Sony platform.

Too bad at their pace we won’t see another new game for another couple years.